2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
SmallSoldier

2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

HPD wrote:
SmallSoldier wrote:
03 Apr 2019, 16:26
But didn’t Marko said that they build the best car they’ve ever build? Didn’t he said that they were behind Ferrari and ahead of Mercedes?... Their performance doesn’t seem to indicate that.
Your comments really start to bore me :)
I’m sad to read that... Will try harder!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wouter

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

https://www.formule1.nl/nieuws/marko-ge ... t-updates/

A wild rumor in the paddock in Bahrain: Red Bull would secretly design a completely new car. Stupid, according to CEO Helmut Marko, although they are working hard on aerodynamic improvements. The first package must arrive in China, the next in Spain.

"There will be no new car", Marko leaves no doubt about it FORMULA 1. A different concept is being worked on - according to Max Verstappen, the front wing in particular is a point of attention. Because, as Marko acknowledges: “We have an aerodynamic problem. That is "in the chassis."

That solution is not the work of a week, Marko admits. The first package of updates is coming next week, in China, for the necessary aerodynamic adjustments for the RB15 is waiting until the first European race, mid-May in Spain.

Red Bull is really looking for the fault in itself, it is not the fault of engine supplier Honda, says Verstappen. “Honda is doing a good job. Nothing breaks. We can't say anything about that. We ourselves are wrong in terms of balance. "In short:" It must be better, we lack pure speed. "

However, Verstappen is "confident that the response is quick" at the design tables in the design office and at the factory, where, according to Marko, top designer Adrian Newey, his platoon of engineers and the wind tunnel are already working overtime.
The Power of Dreams!

Marti_EF3

Wouter wrote:
04 Apr 2019, 12:44

A wild rumor in the paddock in Bahrain: Red Bull would secretly design a completely new car. Stupid, according to CEO Helmut Marko, although they are working hard on aerodynamic improvements. The first package must arrive in China, the next in Spain.

"There will be no new car", Marko leaves no doubt about it FORMULA 1. A different concept is being worked on - according to Max Verstappen, the front wing in particular is a point of attention. Because, as Marko acknowledges: “We have an aerodynamic problem. That is "in the chassis."

That solution is not the work of a week, Marko admits. The first package of updates is coming next week, in China, for the necessary aerodynamic adjustments for the RB15 is waiting until the first European race, mid-May in Spain.

Red Bull is really looking for the fault in itself, it is not the fault of engine supplier Honda, says Verstappen. “Honda is doing a good job. Nothing breaks. We can't say anything about that. We ourselves are wrong in terms of balance. "In short:" It must be better, we lack pure speed. "

However, Verstappen is "confident that the response is quick" at the design tables in the design office and at the factory, where, according to Marko, top designer Adrian Newey, his platoon of engineers and the wind tunnel are already working overtime.
So yes, there will be some upgrades on China too. Nice to read it :D

Juzh

shades of 2015/2017 where they also started completely on the wrong foot and then eventually turned the car around trough the year (2015 less so, but renault was a total waste that year), except for the engine being more competitive this time. It seems RB really doesn't like odd number years :)

etusch

Wouter wrote:
04 Apr 2019, 12:44

Thanks @Wouter
Hope Redbull can do what McLaren did in 2005 season. They were very fast when european part started.
I am sure they will sort it out but question is when.

digitalrurouni

Dang Newey and his team are the last people I would think of when aero changes for the season get put in to place!

dxpetrov

Really starting to believe this team is hopeless to design a car when it should be designed. They can only develop a car once physical testing starts...

Stef

Hope they are doing it fast then

Juzh

digitalrurouni wrote:
04 Apr 2019, 14:31
Dang Newey and his team are the last people I would think of when aero changes for the season get put in to place!

Zynerji

Juzh wrote:
04 Apr 2019, 13:07
shades of 2015/2017 where they also started completely on the wrong foot and then eventually turned the car around trough the year (2015 less so, but renault was a total waste that year), except for the engine being more competitive this time. It seems RB really doesn't like odd number years :)
Makes me wonder if there are 2 design teams leap frogging years... :?:

Ground Effect

Zynerji wrote:
04 Apr 2019, 18:07
Juzh wrote:
04 Apr 2019, 13:07
Makes me wonder if there are 2 design teams leap frogging years... :?:
I know for 2017, Newey had by then taken a step back and was less involved, I think due in large part to the Aston Martin Valkyrie project. After the slow start, he took on a more active role. It's possible his reduced involvement dates further back because he was also involved in the America's Cup with Ben Ainslie, around 2014, if I'm not mistaken. But I'm really surprised that this is happening now, because we've heard from Christian and Marko that the new collaboration with Honda was a big motivation for him and it should be.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

ME4ME

Like Verstappen already mentioned, Red Bull were lost in Bahrain. Probably in Melbourne too, to some extent. Should be getting better regardless of updates. Add some updates and good progress can be made. They are behind but not worlds away on race pace, it can be bridged. Especially as reliability seems strong at the moment, Max can continue to rake in near-podium places and stay within reach of the leaders. I wouldn't count Verstappen out yet. I do think the ship has sailed for any WCC hopes for Red Bull Honda, but that was a long shot anyway for 2019.

Jambier

In 2018 they had maybe a better start than usually

This year seems more like others years, quite a slow start but they will for sure finish the year strong

HPD

The biggest mystery is why the Red Bull does not get out of the soft tires what he should actually get out. "The trend was already there in Australia, but not as blatant as in Bahrain," recalls sporting director Helmut Marko. "We did not get the soft tires working. The car slips forward, it slides behind. On the medium tire, our car was transformed. "

Interestingly, the engineers blame the aerodynamics. "Newey was deep in himself. That means he has recognized the problem, "smiled Marko. Does he already have the solution? Grazer shrugs: "I hope."

Horner concluded: "With this problem, it's hard to keep the pace of Ferrari and Mercedes." When the safety car with three laps to go on the track, Verstappen missing 30 seconds to winner Lewis Hamilton. A Charles Leclerc without engine problem would have landed 40 seconds before Verstappen.

The statements of the participants point to an unstable downforce. That happens rarely at Red Bull. The cars are usually known to work in a big window. This puts Newey and his team ahead of a double task. You generally have to find contact pressure and then even stabilize it. Right now, the Haas are just as fast on the corners and could be dangerous on certain tracks.

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... k-problem/

Artur Craft

Revs84 wrote:
03 Apr 2019, 08:36

How did you calculate 38 bhp to be equivalent to 1 second? :roll:
I read an F1 engineer saying many years ago that, on an average track, like suzuka(the one he was talking about), 10HP means around 0.3s.