2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wouter

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

Red Bull-Motorsportchef Dr. Helmut Marko, der fünf Saisonsiege verlangte, zu BLICK: «Unsere Updates beim Chassis und Motor kommen wohl erst in Monaco und dann in Spa! Bis dahin müssen wir stets vorne dabei bleiben!»
"Red Bull motorsport boss Dr. Helmut Marko, who demanded five victories this season, told BLICK: "Our updates on the chassis and engine are probably in Monaco and then in Spa! Until then we have to stay ahead of the game! "

Strange! They don't need a stronger engine in Monaco. First he said aerodynamic updates in Barcelona.
Maybe it should be both in Barcelona and the article isn't correct.

https://www.blick.ch/sport/formel1/alfa ... 68597.html
The Power of Dreams!

Ground Effect

Wouter wrote:
12 Apr 2019, 13:59
Red Bull-Motorsportchef Dr. Helmut Marko, der fünf Saisonsiege verlangte, zu BLICK: «Unsere Updates beim Chassis und Motor kommen wohl erst in Monaco und dann in Spa! Bis dahin müssen wir stets vorne dabei bleiben!»
"Red Bull motorsport boss Dr. Helmut Marko, who demanded five victories this season, told BLICK: "Our updates on the chassis and engine are probably in Monaco and then in Spa! Until then we have to stay ahead of the game! "

Strange! They don't need a stronger engine in Monaco. First he said aerodynamic updates in Barcelona.

They're lacking downforce which is critical in Monaco. It's possible they'll have separate updates in Barcelona and Monaco. A few years ago McLaren was doing that, they'd spread their updates across Barcelona and Monaco, because the downforce requirement is higher for Monaco, they'd start in Barcelona withedium-high and go full on downforce in Monaco.

As for the engine, I believe Canada follows Monaco, so it's possible the get it in the car for Monaco for experimenting. If I'm not mistaken, Renault did same for Red Bull in 2016, they launched an engine update in Monaco, with one Red Bull car, I think Ricciardo.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Capharol

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/red- ... ontent=www
Ferrari Formula 1 driver Charles Leclerc says he "definitely didn't expect" rival team Red Bull's performance in practice for the Chinese Grand Prix.

Red Bull's lead driver Max Verstappen had outpaced the struggling Ferraris in Melbourne, but was well off the pace in Bahrain.

But despite the new RB15 chassis' patchy form, as well as the two long straights in Shanghai that could expose its new engine partner Honda's remaining deficit to the benchmark power units, Verstappen ended Friday practice in China a strong third, just 0.221s off the pace.

Capharol

can we place bets on how long Gasly will drive for RB?
Testing..... 2 crashes
AusGP ..... couldn't get passed Kvyat
Bahrain.... bad Quali, race not really that good
China..... of the pace (ok, maybe due to different RW) but still, not even close

Either Gasly start turning it around tomorrow or he won't drive Monaco with a RB

Santozini

Capharol wrote:
12 Apr 2019, 15:16
Testing..... 2 crashes
China..... of the pace (ok, maybe due to different RW) but still, not even close

Either Gasly start turning it around tomorrow or he won't drive Monaco with a RB
He might need time to adapt but F1 isn't known for being a world that gives many chances.. if he doesn't start to perform pronto he might see himself out of that RB really soon.

PowerandtheGlory

Santozini wrote:
12 Apr 2019, 15:21
Capharol wrote:
Testing..... 2 crashes

He might need time to adapt but F1 isn't known for being a world that gives many chances.. if he doesn't start to perform pronto he might see himself out of that RB really soon.
For somebody with a year’s experience of the honda Engine, it doesnt look good. However, we all know Max is Rapid. This is another example of how race drivers can differ. RB know that max is the real deal. Nobody believed he would be quicker than max, and he’s proving that. Also alienating himself from the team with some comments.. who do they replace him with though..!?!! Kyvat? Comeback of the century...
“I don't believe in luck, luck is preparation and taking your opportunity” Ross Brawn

loekf2

Santozini wrote:
Capharol wrote:
Testing..... 2 crashes

Normally, two drivers should be within a few tenths of each other. That also helps to develop the car. If Gasly can't manage to do that, indeed he'll be out in a couple of races. Indeed, most likely a swap with TR. Even when he was driving for TR, VER always managed to get the best out of his car. Not sure if it proofs Gasly is simply much less quality, but I'm also sure he has to improve.

I think RBR was also trying to lure/poach Norris last year. Would have been an interesting choice.

Wouter

Ground Effect wrote:
12 Apr 2019, 14:34
Wouter wrote:
12 Apr 2019, 13:59

They're lacking downforce which is critical in Monaco. It's possible they'll have separate updates in Barcelona and Monaco. A few years ago McLaren was doing that, they'd spread their updates across Barcelona and Monaco, because the downforce requirement is higher for Monaco, they'd start in Barcelona withedium-high and go full on downforce in Monaco.

As for the engine, I believe Canada follows Monaco, so it's possible the get it in the car for Monaco for experimenting. If I'm not mistaken, Renault did same for Red Bull in 2016, they launched an engine update in Monaco, with one Red Bull car, I think Ricciardo.
I think you could be right, Ground Effect. Thanks.
Btw, I just read on AMuS that the aero updates will come in Barcelona for sure.
The Power of Dreams!

etusch

If Gasly were strong Redbull have very good potential for WCC. But with this way it is hard

Ground Effect

Capharol wrote:
Testing..... 2 crashes

Horner already said they would give him time, whether or not you can rely on that statement is another issue. They are also aware that they promoted him a bit too early, so it's not ideal. The pressure on him must be huge, as he's replacing a race winning driver. If they're patient with him, he could come around.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?

Ground Effect

loekf2 wrote:
12 Apr 2019, 15:29
Santozini wrote:
Capharol wrote:
Testing..... 2 crashes

Normally, two drivers should be within a few tenths of each other. That also helps to develop the car. If Gasly can't manage to do that, indeed he'll be out in a couple of races. Indeed, most likely a swap with TR. Even when he was driving for TR, VER always managed to get the best out of his car. Not sure if it proofs Gasly is simply much less quality, but I'm also sure he has to improve.

I think RBR was also trying to lure/poach Norris last year. Would have been an interesting choice.
Yes, that's correct, during the negotiations for James Key, Toro Rosso had asked for him. But they wanted him to join immediately, whereas McLaren insisted on him completing the F2 season. But it came to light that McLaren's option on him was expiring in September, so either they gave him a seat or he was free to go. I remember Marko said there was no point negotiating for him when they could get him for free in a few months. I rate Norris highly, but I think Albon is just as good, if not better.

Big Tea

Ground Effect wrote:
12 Apr 2019, 15:35
Capharol wrote:
Testing..... 2 crashes

Horner already said they would give him time, whether or not you can rely on that statement is another issue. They are also aware that they promoted him a bit too early, so it's not ideal. The pressure on him must be huge, as he's replacing a race winning driver. If they're patient with him, he could come around.
That surely have to give him 10 races? Max took a season to 'settle' although he did exhibit some very good speed.
Also, (Although I would) they probably will not recall Danil, as it makes them look bad, so half a season with low pressure will be good for Albon anyway. Possibly even a whole year. Is there an obvious contender to bring in from outside? They do not seem to have many options.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

TNTHead

This also is still development season for Honda, so they might be giving Gasly more time, and not promote Albon too quickly. I doubt that Kvyat is an option. I am not sure but I though VER and Kvyat are not big friends. They for sure want to avoid sore team battles as with Sainz.

If Gasly is going to continue to underperform they may swap (but with who?) after summer break

Capharol

Big Tea wrote:
12 Apr 2019, 16:41
Ground Effect wrote:
Capharol wrote:
Testing..... 2 crashes

That surely have to give him 10 races? Max took a season to 'settle' although he did exhibit some very good speed.
Also, (Although I would) they probably will not recall Danil, as it makes them look bad, so half a season with low pressure will be good for Albon anyway. Possibly even a whole year. Is there an obvious contender to bring in from outside? They do not seem to have many options.
were did it took Max a season to "settle"?
stepped in the RB and won Barcelona
Canada ended 4th, took podiums on Austria, Silverstone, Germany, Malaysia and Japan and drove a Brasilian GP from another stellar ….. if you mean that with "he had to settle" I don't wanna know wht he could have done in a Mercedes or Ferrari 8)
and yes i agree i wouldn't take Kvyat aswell, Albon shows speed and his capabillity already, it isn't Verstappen level but way closer to him as Gasly is showing…
and if RB waits till after the summer break they might lose valueable input for the car to develop, because a driver that struggles is lightly to give bad intel on what is really wrong on the car or can be improved

and Gasly is French, and RB has already has bad experience with things that come from French :lol: :wink:
(just a little joke)

Big Tea

Capharol wrote:
12 Apr 2019, 17:09
Big Tea wrote:
12 Apr 2019, 16:41
Ground Effect wrote:

were did it took Max a season to "settle"?
stepped in the RB and won Barcelona
Canada ended 4th, took podiums on Austria, Silverstone, Germany, Malaysia and Japan and drove a Brasilian GP from another stellar ….. if you mean that with "he had to settle" I don't wanna know wht he could have done in a Mercedes or Ferrari 8)
and yes i agree i wouldn't take Kvyat aswell, Albon shows speed and his capabillity already, it isn't Verstappen level but way closer to him as Gasly is showing…
and if RB waits till after the summer break they might lose valueable input for the car to develop, because a driver that struggles is lightly to give bad intel on what is really wrong on the car or can be improved

and Gasly is French, and RB has already has bad experience with things that come from French :lol: :wink:
(just a little joke)
I said "although he did exhibit some very good speed". He also got lots of points, but look how many he 'threw away'.
I do not think he will drop as many this year, as he has developed.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.