2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Datco

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

McMika98 wrote:
16 May 2019, 21:45
Season is over guys. Thats all folks. Monza and maybe mexico will be won by Ferrari but for RedBull, Merc has them on arm length faster on slower corners with much more efficient aero and engine.
Mexico will go to Merc were they have superior mechanical grip. Important at altitude where aero downforce plays a lesser role

Bill

A lot can still happen Rain , realibility issues , Honda still has a big upgrade to bring u can't say the same for Ferrari and merc . Adrian Newey will find a solution he always does

loner

if MV take the pole in Monaco oh the swingometer yess give me some journos detailed articles :mrgreen:
para bellum.

lio007

Wouter wrote:
17 May 2019, 14:35
lio007 wrote:
17 May 2019, 14:16
garygph wrote:
17 May 2019, 10:06
Does anyone here have friends/contacts in the factory that could add to what I have heard? That being that there is a fundamental change happening in the culture of the team. Someone I know who works there and has said that something feels wrong and the general atmosphere of the place has changed. People are leaving or being fired for reasons that would not have been seen there in years past. This person has been there for a long time but it is one persons perspective that I am hearing which is why I have asked this question.

Interestingly he also said that at Williams the Production Manager was an absolute bully but got things done was fired and that left a vacuum and sudden relief of pressure to get things done which was when they had the big delays. Wrong thread for this bit of info I know.
Oh no...your post raise some concern!!!

@Lio007, it looks like @garygph is right, they only ;-) need a

* Structural Analysis Group Leader Closing Date: 20.05.2019
* Senior Aerodynamics Engineer Closing Date: 27.05.2019
* Aerodynamics Engineer Closing Date: 27.05.2019
* Aerodynamics Engineer Closing Date: 03.06.2019
and another four people. ;-)

https://redbullracing.redbull.com/careerslisting
But two of them are for RBAT and not for RBR...

garygph

lio007 wrote:
17 May 2019, 16:19
Wouter wrote:
lio007 wrote:
17 May 2019, 14:16

Oh no...your post raise some concern!!!

Yes but what is not to be seen so easily are the positions that are not being refilled ?

lio007

garygph wrote:
17 May 2019, 16:37
lio007 wrote:
17 May 2019, 16:19
Wouter wrote:

Yes but what is not to be seen so easily are the positions that are not being refilled ?
Do really so many people leave the Team and do we know if they are not refilled? But on the other hand, switching camps is not that unusual in F1, it's pretty much the opposite, there is constant switching, in every team.

I stay positive and classify it as not critical, at least I hope so.
:-)

garygph

@lio007 I also hope it is not serious and that is why I was hoping some other posters here may have some knowledge that contradicts what I have been told. I enjoy it when a non manufacturer team is able to challenge the sharp edge of the grid and so far they are the only ones who have been able to. I would hate to see them fade away

lio007

garygph wrote:
17 May 2019, 19:16
@lio007 I also hope it is not serious and that is why I was hoping some other posters here may have some knowledge that contradicts what I have been told. I enjoy it when a non manufacturer team is able to challenge the sharp edge of the grid and so far they are the only ones who have been able to. I would hate to see them fade away
I agree to the utmost!

bigblue

How many people do they employ ? Is this an insignificant fraction, or alternatively, a natural turnover rate ? Or maybe they are expanding the number of people in these roles, in which case it is a positive. You can't tell much just from a handful of adverts, no idea why these suddenly create panic here. It could be bad news, or it could be good news, or it could be completely indifferent news, business as usual. And some of these are also not F1-team related.

Alexf1

Also the greater synergy between TR and RB could mean serious reshuffle of personnel between the 2.

Wouter

An extensive interview with Jos Verstappen about Max. "Jos watches over welfare Max."

Quote:

"You have to be in the right car at the right time", father Jos acknowledges. "We thought we had a better chance this year. However, Mercedes has a better engine and a better car.
In the current situation it is possible that Max will not win a race this year. Even though it is only May, and within a few competitions all kinds of updates are coming up. Max is very good with this team, but we are keeping a very critical eye on which direction it is going. "

The whole Dutch interview.

The Power of Dreams!

Bumper cars

Thanks for posting, Wouter... That's the first 'Plan B' (public) warning towards Red Bull.

Wouter

garygph wrote:
Does anyone here have friends/contacts in the factory that could add to what I have heard? That being that there is a fundamental change happening in the culture of the team. Someone I know who works there and has said that something feels wrong and the general atmosphere of the place has changed. People are leaving or being fired for reasons that would not have been seen there in years past.
I have heard from an insider that people at RBR want to increase the number of employees in order to achieve better results faster. These aforementioned vacancies are therefore not intended to replace people, but are a supplement to the current file.
The Power of Dreams!

garygph

Wouter wrote:
18 May 2019, 13:25
garygph wrote:
Does anyone here have friends/contacts in the factory that could add to what I have heard? That being that there is a fundamental change happening in the culture of the team. Someone I know who works there and has said that something feels wrong and the general atmosphere of the place has changed. People are leaving or being fired for reasons that would not have been seen there in years past.
I have heard from an insider that people at RBR want to increase the number of employees in order to achieve better results faster. These aforementioned vacancies are therefore not intended to replace people, but are a supplement to the current file.
Thank you for the positive news! I believe they had a consultancy company come in to have a look at all their procedures and systems last year which may tie in with what you have been told. As for the vacancies, that was not my concern but more of a change in culture in Red Bull including people being dismissed (sometimes for debatable reasons) and the general moral. Time will tell I suppose. However it was one persons opinion and I am pleased to hear otherwise and hope it is all good there.