2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Marti_EF3

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

They've new ES and CE. Maybe some new mapping that needs a new ECU?? If not, I can't see why they are changing so soon the CE

godlameroso

Slo Poke wrote:
07 Jun 2019, 13:25
IvailoStefanovBG wrote:
06 Jun 2019, 08:07
@ Slo Poke - Obviously you have something in mind about this "diff magic"mode and " the newer toy behind him sitting in the differential". Can you explain me technically what you think this new toy consists of?
IvailoStefanovBG:
Sorry for any delay. I swear, I’ve only this morning spotted my user name within your comment. Anyways, I do have something in mind concerning diff magic, however I don’t have to think because I actually know. First off, I really don’t want to plaster it on here as yet but I shall in the near future, so please be patient.
In the meantime here’s something for you to ponder on. There’s quite a little menagerie within differentials as you’ll know. Thing is, no matter how instantaneous all the different makers claim their differential is there’s a damned fly that all too often gets in there. Mercedes have found a way to spur one of the full time residents to chase it away. Which resident do you suppose it was; the spider the worm or the dog?
Spider would be spider gear in a conventional diff? Worm would be spur/worm gears from a Torsen style diff? To my knowledge it's the only 'instantaneous' diff out there, dog, that one is stumping me at the moment. That wouldn't be clutched diff would it?

Now if you're waywardly implying Mercedes has some kind of hybrid torsen diff thing going on that would be interesting.
Saishū kōnā

Slo Poke

godlameroso wrote:
07 Jun 2019, 19:48
Slo Poke wrote:
IvailoStefanovBG wrote:
06 Jun 2019, 08:07
@ Slo Poke - Obviously you have something in mind about this "diff magic"mode and " the newer toy behind him sitting in the differential". Can you explain me technically what you think this new toy consists of?
IvailoStefanovBG:
Sorry for any delay. I swear, I’ve only this morning spotted my user name within your comment. Anyways, I do have something in mind concerning diff magic, however I don’t have to think because I actually know. First off, I really don’t want to plaster it on here as yet but I shall in the near future, so please be patient.
In the meantime here’s something for you to ponder on. There’s quite a little menagerie within differentials as you’ll know. Thing is, no matter how instantaneous all the different makers claim their differential is there’s a damned fly that all too often gets in there. Mercedes have found a way to spur one of the full time residents to chase it away. Which resident do you suppose it was; the spider the worm or the dog?
Spider would be spider gear in a conventional diff? Worm would be spur/worm gears from a Torsen style diff? To my knowledge it's the only 'instantaneous' diff out there, dog, that one is stumping me at the moment. That wouldn't be clutched diff would it?

Now if you're waywardly implying Mercedes has some kind of hybrid torsen diff thing going on that would be interesting.
A clutch in the differential, with all the trouble Bottas had in China! Ooh, I think that’s something to be avoided at all costs. Although on the other hand that mishap does make Mr. Bottas absolutely unique in the World and that’s something to write home about.
The first man on the planet to experience multiple double rubber stress wave release at lights-out! Heck! That’s almost as finely tuned as Alonso’s grab at a fishtail through corner four Barca’.

godlameroso

Slo Poke wrote:
07 Jun 2019, 20:46
godlameroso wrote:
Slo Poke wrote:

IvailoStefanovBG:

A clutch in the differential, with all the trouble Bottas had in China! Ooh, I think that’s something to be avoided at all costs. Although on the other hand that mishap does make Mr. Bottas absolutely unique in the World and that’s something to write home about.
The first man on the planet to experience multiple double rubber stress wave release at lights-out! Heck! That’s almost as finely tuned as Alonso’s grab at a fishtail through corner four Barca’.
'multiple double rubber stress wave release', that's quite a mouthful, time to get the ol' noggin a joggin. You talking about standing waves in the tires off the line? Like the kind dragsters have due to low tire pressure?
Saishū kōnā

IvailoStefanovBG

godlameroso wrote:
07 Jun 2019, 21:12
Slo Poke wrote:
godlameroso wrote:

'multiple double rubber stress wave release', that's quite a mouthful, time to get the ol' noggin a joggin. You talking about standing waves in the tires off the line? Like the kind dragsters have due to low tire pressure?
I think he wants to say you are right. They are using clutched differential. But is it allowed to use clutched diff?

Datco

It's becoming a habit now for RBR to make mistakes on the pit wall. They definitely not the slick team they were which is important to take advantage of opportunities. They seriously need to turn things around

McMika98

Gasly should have spotted Verstappen from miles away, not helping his cause for keeping the seat. Outside top 10 with decent running, he might not make Q3.

Slo Poke

godlameroso wrote:
Slo Poke wrote:
godlameroso wrote:

Godlameroso/IvailoStefanovBG:
Potato - potAto, Tomato - tomAto standing and stress! Either way, no clutch involved.

carisi2k

From my understanding gasly was doing lots of testing and not going for times

yener

carisi2k wrote:
08 Jun 2019, 01:27
I watched the replay with teamradio and it seems it's just an amateur mistake of Pierre. They need to switch him soon. Not fast enough and making stupid mistakes the whole season.
"Life is about passions - Thank you for sharing mine" MSC

ispano6

Slo Poke wrote:
07 Jun 2019, 23:26
godlameroso wrote:
Slo Poke wrote:

Potato - potAto, Tomato - tomAto standing and stress! Either way, no clutch involved.
So if no "slipper" clutch, a dual diff?

McMika98

carisi2k wrote:
Based on the track footage he was going off the track or locking up his tyres, so much so that Dr Marko wants to discount his long run pace which was worse than some midfield team.

dxpetrov

I predict he's gonna go in history as one of the worst RBR drivers, if not in the whole grid. What a terrible choice they made...

TNTHead

McMika98 wrote:
08 Jun 2019, 08:12
carisi2k wrote:
Based on the track footage he was going off the track or locking up his tyres, so much so that Dr Marko wants to discount his long run pace which was worse than some midfield team.
Doesn't this also shows something about the drivability of the RB15 with a low downforce setup? Or is the track just slippery and Gasly is cracking under pressure?

Slo Poke

ispano6 wrote:
08 Jun 2019, 03:54
Slo Poke wrote:
07 Jun 2019, 23:26
godlameroso wrote:

So if no "slipper" clutch, a dual diff?
Ispano6:
Dual diff..? I really didn’t know that such a thing even existed. Thank you for that my Friend, I’m gonna look that one up.