2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
nzjrs

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

McMika98 wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 23:01
Wouter wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 20:27

Max is talking about the chassis. The engine needs only a little bit more power ( because you want always more he said).
You can use Google translate, than you have acces to Dutch articles about Max.
Granted the chassis isnt quite Merc level but it is clearly better than Renault yet both cars were ahead of Gasly who was on similar startegy.
This year we have two teams to get extra data, what is coincidental so far is on power tracks all Honda cars suffer. I would rather an engine upgrade asap.
Mate, didn't you say yesterday that you were signing off for the season?

langedweil

nzjrs wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 23:03
Mate, didn't you say yesterday that you were signing off for the season?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
HuggaWugga !

IvailoStefanovBG

Marti_EF3 wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 19:47
Albert Fabrega just said on TV that RBR have a big chassis update ready for France =D>
So my own opinion is at the moment RBR are running little more RW to address low traction and not enough DF at rear. This creates more drag and Honda power deficit looks a little bit more than it actually is. From the beginning of the year RBR can`t do what they`ve done recent years with Reno engine - run less RW and compensate power deficit. If they have major aero upgrade at France i think they will address this issue. This will trigger chain reaction in car performance and gains can be massive (more traction in corner exit, more speed on straight, etc.). We saw in Monaco and Canada that Max needed just a little bit more power and traction to overtake Ham in Monaco and Bottas in Canada. If RBR can battle Mercs this will be massive gain in overall performance.

I also think RBR must give Max a champion car till the end of the season or he will drive Mercedes next year.

KelsO

IvailoStefanovBG wrote:
11 Jun 2019, 08:02
Marti_EF3 wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 19:47
Albert Fabrega just said on TV that RBR have a big chassis update ready for France =D>
So my own opinion is at the moment RBR are running little more RW to address low traction and not enough DF at rear. This creates more drag and Honda power deficit looks a little bit more than it actually is. From the beginning of the year RBR can`t do what they`ve done recent years with Reno engine - run less RW and compensate power deficit. If they have major aero upgrade at France i think they will address this issue. This will trigger chain reaction in car performance and gains can be massive (more traction in corner exit, more speed on straight, etc.). We saw in Monaco and Canada that Max needed just a little bit more power and traction to overtake Ham in Monaco and Bottas in Canada. If RBR can battle Mercs this will be massive gain in overall performance.

I also think RBR must give Max a champion car till the end of the season or he will drive Mercedes next year.
Yes, maybe you are right. Binotto said that, just like Bahrain, in Canada, the balance of work was shifted to the rear wheels, which is why Ferrari was strong on these tracks and that is why Red Bull was weak. Red Bull has not very good starts and a slow way out of the turn. And since the beginning of the season, they complain about the balance of the back of the car. I watched Bahrain telemetry, Max lost to Maclaren at the exit of the turn, when need work by throttle.

etusch

KelsO wrote:
11 Jun 2019, 09:26

Yes, maybe you are right. Binotto said that, just like Bahrain, in Canada, the balance of work was shifted to the rear wheels, which is why Ferrari was strong on these tracks and that is why Red Bull was weak. Red Bull has not very good starts and a slow way out of the turn. And since the beginning of the season, they complain about the balance of the back of the car. I watched Bahrain telemetry, Max lost to Maclaren at the exit of the turn, when need work by throttle.
Can that rear issue be because of different Engine layout of Renault and Honda ? There is structural difference, cog and weight difference. Maybe They have to have a closer look of mercedes rear ( not so easy) as engine looks like Mercedes Engine

Marti_EF3

Race pace

Stint 1

Stint 2

Gasly race pace is horrible #-o

KelsO

etusch wrote:
11 Jun 2019, 09:37

Can that rear issue be because of different Engine layout of Renault and Honda ? There is structural difference, cog and weight difference. Maybe They have to have a closer look of mercedes rear ( not so easy) as engine looks like Mercedes Engine
I thinked about this. But Red Bull is too smart to go wrong with weight balance. On the other hand, why did Mercedes increase the chassis length in 2017? Maybe the engine demanded more and more air ducts (we see how Honda made them more) and they were forced to increase the length of the chassis? hmm interesting. But if Red Bull has this problem, wouldn't they be good at overclocking? This is a difficult question, because we don't know what Red Bull has changed for the PU Honda ... suspension attachment points? Mclaren changed the suspension, after the transition to Renault.

KelsO

Fresh news from Honda (not officially)
The Japanese supplier is coming for the second time this season with an improved power source, which should give Red Bull more power. That happened before for race four in Baku, and now at Grand Prix number eight on Paul Ricard.
In addition to the engine upgrade, Red Bull itself also comes with a number of updates to the car.
https://www.telegraaf.nl/sport/57210694 ... 15/page-74

loekf2

KelsO wrote:
11 Jun 2019, 10:25
The Japanese supplier is coming for the second time this season with an improved power source, which should give Red Bull more power. That happened before for race four in Baku, and now at Grand Prix number eight on Paul Ricard.
In addition to the engine upgrade, Red Bull itself also comes with a number of updates to the car.
I am also wondering about the Red Bull changes. Fact is, this car has problems with mechanical grip at its rear end since the beginning.

rogazilla

McMika98 wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 23:01

Granted the chassis isnt quite Merc level but it is clearly better than Renault yet both cars were ahead of Gasly who was on similar startegy.
This year we have two teams to get extra data, what is coincidental so far is on power tracks all Honda cars suffer. I would rather an engine upgrade asap.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Best I heard in years! Anyone who has been watching F1 and think Gasly's time is representative of what the Red bull hardware can do should just be laughed at as a comedian here! Looking at this the other way, Ric and Hulk with their massively superior engine and their experiences, they can only lap around just ahead of Gasly. I think Renault over paid their drivers.
Last edited by rogazilla on 11 Jun 2019, 14:06, edited 1 time in total.

HPD

Marti_EF3 wrote:
11 Jun 2019, 10:05
Gasly race pace is horrible #-o
Gasly: “It was a pretty difficult day but the car actually felt quite good so it is disappointing to finish where we did. We expected to be stronger than this. With the heat, we just had to save the engine, brakes and that just made the whole race difficult. We struggled with traffic and had to save the brakes, which compromised us a bit, and I of course wanted to finish better than this.”
https://formulaspy.com/formula-1/pierre ... akes-61880

I still think that Gasly should leave RB. I'm sorry for Gasl.

loner

KelsO wrote:
good news this
para bellum.

Marti_EF3

loner wrote:
11 Jun 2019, 14:07
KelsO wrote:
good news this
So, that will be the last penalty free PU? And then next update is expected in Sochi just before Japan I guess

rogazilla

Previously we heard Honda is changing the PU also to allow redbull's packaging upgrade. Does that mean they can no longer use spec 1/2 for Friday after the car upgrade? Or can they still use the old ICE for Friday?