2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
HPD

Re: Red Bull RB15

NathanOlder wrote:
13 Feb 2019, 15:16
I just heard that this is a 1 off livery ? Anyone know if thats true ?
It's only temporary. The official will only be seen in Australia

Maplesoup
Maplesoup

Re: Red Bull RB15

LM10 wrote:
13 Feb 2019, 15:09
Maplesoup wrote:
13 Feb 2019, 14:41
Morteza wrote:
13 Feb 2019, 14:37
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DzSTpfFWwAENYMZ.jpg
Via @AlbertFabrega
The livery certainly looks to be hiding something around this rear segment. They appear to of painted this are in full gloss back to help hide the undercut (looks like you can see a slight reflection of the red stripe above in the gloss?). Perhaps there is something tricky going on here, or they want to hide from the other teams just how tightly packaged the rear of the car is.
Why would they want to hide tight packaging? I think every team tries to design the package as tight as possible anyway.
But if a team finds a new way of packaging the car which could give them an aerodynamic advantage then other teams will try and copy them. Especially around the rear of the car as the airflow around the diffuser is hugely important.

jagunx51

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

etusch wrote:
13 Feb 2019, 14:18
sidepodless formula 1 car is now invented.
(Where is Honda on this car ? :wtf: )
that's why Honda logo very small :D
............!!!!

NathanOlder

Judging by the team gear, and the photos of max and Gasly in their shades, the colours will be like last year
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

HPD

Vasconia

jagunx51 wrote:
13 Feb 2019, 15:19
etusch wrote:
13 Feb 2019, 14:18
sidepodless formula 1 car is now invented.
(Where is Honda on this car ? :wtf: )
that's why Honda logo very small :D
If Honda suffered with Mclaren´s 0 size design I can´t imagine how it can now work. :o

TwanV
TwanV

that looks like one mean machine, very cool. RB should seriously consider rebranding their drink cans to match the car :lol:
Last edited by TwanV on 13 Feb 2019, 15:48, edited 1 time in total.

GPR-A

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=27821&p=810353#p810345
GPR -A wrote:
10 Feb 2019, 07:10
carisi2k wrote:
10 Feb 2019, 00:44
Mclaren's problem with the Honda and Renault in regards to tight packaging in 2017/18 was due also to other elements like the shortest wheelbase, smallest engine airbox and small radiators. As shown in the Toro rosso last year with the larger airbox the honda had some capability and the red bull will not make the same mistake as their car is nowhere near as undersized as the mclaren was in 2017/18.

If the 2018 red bull rb14 can fit a Renault engine then it shouldn't be a problem to fit a Honda in a similarly packaged rb15. The Honda will fit better in to the rb15 package then the Renault ever could.
Only those who don't understand Newey's obsession with tight packaging can believe that Honda would get that freedom. He didn't allow that freedom to Mercedes in McLaren days and he didn't allowed that to Renault in all these past years.

In 2014 and 2015, the Red Bull garage was always busy cutting the carbon fibre in winter testing to remove the heat. After all, Peter Prodromou came from Red Bull and he continued doing the same in McLaren. So it's the Red Bull DNA that is embedded in that philosophy. Newey is not going to compromise his aero philosophy and would continue to be as demanding as he has been with all those PU manufacturers.

Besides, every year manufacturers learn and optimize the cooling solutions with newer iteration of the PU and if Honda would have done the same for this year, the credit goes to them and not because Red Bull would have allowed that freedom to Honda.
After seeing the RB15, any comments on Red Bull allowing freedom for Honda to develop as they wish and not confine them in tight packaging? RB15 has made those McLaren cars look fat, real fat. :lol:

SuperCNJ
SuperCNJ

Not a big fan of the new colour scheme if I'm honest, think I prefer the old one. But what surprised me was the size of the Honda logos on the car compared to other sponsors on the car.

Capharol
Capharol

somehow i can't shake the feeling this year's RB could be in for a big suprise

Capharol
Capharol

SuperCNJ wrote:
13 Feb 2019, 15:55
Not a big fan of the new colour scheme if I'm honest, think I prefer the old one. But what surprised me was the size of the Honda logos on the car compared to other sponsors on the car.
it's a 1 time only livery, so relax

Sieper

It is a so called "launch livery" so only for todays presentation and the filming day aka shakedown. Just like last years light blueish cammo scheme. Come Spain we will see the real livery, likely much the same as the previous yearsbut with a light grey stripe added next to the red one.

etusch

GPR -A wrote:
13 Feb 2019, 15:48
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=27821&p=810353#p810345
GPR -A wrote:
10 Feb 2019, 07:10
carisi2k wrote:
10 Feb 2019, 00:44
Mclaren's problem with the Honda and Renault in regards to tight packaging in 2017/18 was due also to other elements like the shortest wheelbase, smallest engine airbox and small radiators. As shown in the Toro rosso last year with the larger airbox the honda had some capability and the red bull will not make the same mistake as their car is nowhere near as undersized as the mclaren was in 2017/18.

If the 2018 red bull rb14 can fit a Renault engine then it shouldn't be a problem to fit a Honda in a similarly packaged rb15. The Honda will fit better in to the rb15 package then the Renault ever could.
Only those who don't understand Newey's obsession with tight packaging can believe that Honda would get that freedom. He didn't allow that freedom to Mercedes in McLaren days and he didn't allowed that to Renault in all these past years.

In 2014 and 2015, the Red Bull garage was always busy cutting the carbon fibre in winter testing to remove the heat. After all, Peter Prodromou came from Red Bull and he continued doing the same in McLaren. So it's the Red Bull DNA that is embedded in that philosophy. Newey is not going to compromise his aero philosophy and would continue to be as demanding as he has been with all those PU manufacturers.

Besides, every year manufacturers learn and optimize the cooling solutions with newer iteration of the PU and if Honda would have done the same for this year, the credit goes to them and not because Red Bull would have allowed that freedom to Honda.
After seeing the RB15, any comments on Red Bull allowing freedom for Honda to develop as they wish and not confine them in tight packaging? RB15 has made those McLaren cars look fat, real fat. :lol:
Maybe this was Newey's real concept but not allowed to apply it to car because of the renault engine. (when I see Toro Rosso car I was surprised same rear of Redbull from last year. Because I was thinking that renault engine layout is taller and honda's wider )
Maybe Newey wants from engine manufacturer to follow his way of making car but he knows that it request has borders. They all know engine's importance of this era. I don't think they miss this but I also wonder how it will work. If I am not remembering wrong mclaren never be so slim. If it works properly this will be a lesson.

Jaisonas
Jaisonas

Why is everyone freaking out about this? Renault's engine was quite longer than Honda was with all of the turbo stuff in the back. Honda in comparison looked like a really compact engine.

F1NAC