2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Bill

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

Earlier Tanabe said Honda needs to improve its party mode ,I doubt any of these Honda executives really knows what their pu is capable off. Rbr chassis is not benchmark they are not good at tire warming either so you got to wonder with a deficit of 0.198 were the advantage comes from

McMika98

Bill wrote:
13 Jul 2019, 16:42
Earlier Tanabe said Honda needs to improve its party mode ,I doubt any of these Honda executives really knows what their pu is capable off. Rbr chassis is not benchmark they are not good at tire warming either so you got to wonder with a deficit of 0.198 were the advantage comes from
Max said he didn't get the power delivered when he wanted due to turbo lag. Else he could have easily got closer. Car is certainly better than Ferrari and as good as the Merc, especially high speed corners. Gasly beating Vettel says the car is much better now. Engine is probably at level of Renault and behind the Merc and Ferrari.

loner

speculations are spec 4 could debut in Hungary as i expected about the 4 races pattern .. its a winnable race iam all in betting about spec 4 debuting in Germany instead 8)
para bellum.

ME4ME

loner wrote:
13 Jul 2019, 16:50
speculations are spec 4 could debut in Hungary as i expected about the 4 races pattern .. its a winnable race iam all in betting about spec 4 debuting in Germany instead 8)
Nah I doubt that. If originally it was planned for Monza than introducing it in Germany would mean a 6 week advancement. What they could do is redefine spec 4.0 and only introduce certain new items. Guess we'll find out soon. Personally I think we'll see something at Spa right after the mid-season break.

https://www.racefans.net/2019-f1-season ... -calendar/

Artur Craft

Does people still believe the RB chassis to be bad? To me, it's pretty clear the car is already great, and getting better, and with more power the car will dominate the field.

damager21

Just 0.183 sec to pole looks too good isn't it?

Considering Honda does not have a strong party mode and one would believe that both Mercedes & Ferrari did use their party mode, Max should be in contention for a win tomorrow. [-o<

We have seen in most races this season, Red Bull deficit to Mercedes & Ferrari is much smaller in race trim.

What are the weather predictions tomorrow? Is rain on the cards?

Datco

Okaaay l, so les than 2 tenths, certainly was not expecting that with cooler conditions and Merc party mode.
Evident RBR Honda has closed the gap.
Got a good chance tomorrow. Gasly at least this time can be a rear gunner for Max against Vettel. Leclerc may be too strong on the first lap starting on the softs.
Does anybody know if they can work on anything on the Max car to address turbo lag issues under Parc perme?

Wouter

ME4ME wrote:
13 Jul 2019, 17:15
loner wrote:
13 Jul 2019, 16:50
Nah I doubt that. If originally it was planned for Monza than introducing it in Germany would mean a 6 week advancement. What they could do is redefine spec 4.0 and only introduce certain new items. Guess we'll find out soon. Personally I think we'll see something at Spa right after the mid-season break.

https://www.racefans.net/2019-f1-season ... -calendar/
Helmut Marko denied the speculation in front of the Sky camera. There will no be a new engine in Hungary.
The Power of Dreams!

loner

Datco wrote:
13 Jul 2019, 17:53
Okaaay l, so les than 2 tenths, certainly was not expecting that with cooler conditions and Merc party mode.
Evident RBR Honda has closed the gap.
Got a good chance tomorrow. Gasly at least this time can be a rear gunner for Max against Vettel. Leclerc may be too strong on the first lap starting on the softs.
Does anybody know if they can work on anything on the Max car to address turbo lag issues under Parc perme?
they change engine modes during the race so how come its not allowed before the race ?!! its only software.
MAX alwats strong in his second stint .. hopefully no start stall tomorrow.
Helmut Marko denied the speculation in front of the Sky camera. There will no be a new engine in Hungary.
well thats it then.
para bellum.

godlameroso

After summer break is fine. The reliability is there, and less than .3 in qualifying means its game on in the race. No rain, a bit windier than today, more gusts that can lead to mistakes.

I'm glad that it's so close between the top 3. I'm willing to wait for more power if we can see Max slice through the field again and win regardless. To me that is more entertaining than winning from front and disappearing into the sunset.
Saishū kōnā

etusch

McMika98 wrote:
13 Jul 2019, 16:36
Gasly ought to stick to Maxs setup from now. Car is getting better and better. Hoping Hamilton runs into Bottas in lap 1 and take both of the Merc out. Double podium of the season.
Prefer an overtake on track which more satisfying and more exciting.

maguetox

godlameroso wrote:
13 Jul 2019, 18:15
After summer break is fine. The reliability is there, and less than .3 in qualifying means its game on in the race. No rain, a bit windier than today, more gusts that can lead to mistakes.

I'm glad that it's so close between the top 3. I'm willing to wait for more power if we can see Max slice through the field again and win regardless. To me that is more entertaining than winning from front and disappearing into the sunset.
Chassis improved a lot since the begining of the season. Now the pressure is shifting more and more to Honda to improve their PU.

Big Tea

etusch wrote:
13 Jul 2019, 18:26
McMika98 wrote:
Gasly ought to stick to Maxs setup from now. Car is getting better and better. Hoping Hamilton runs into Bottas in lap 1 and take both of the Merc out. Double podium of the season.
Do you not enjoy the tension of awaiting the stewards report on such an incident ? how much excitement can you take?

(me neither :D )
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

McMika98

Big Tea wrote:
13 Jul 2019, 18:33
etusch wrote:
13 Jul 2019, 18:26

Do you not enjoy the tension of awaiting the stewards report on such an incident ? how much excitement can you take?

(me neither :D )
No there are plenty of races to have those overtaking moves. It will be a boring race otherwise as the Merc appear to be untouchable in race trim. Besides the championship battle requires few Merc non finishes.

DutchDopey

McMika98 wrote:
It will be Leclerc who runs into Hamilton and thereby establishing his reputation as a reckless driver :D ...