2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wazari

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

I too like this livery. Max had no issues with power loss Silverstone. RBR made no demands to sizing and designed the bodywork around the PU, plumbing and cooling requirements. I don't believe the bodywork is that tight in relation to the PU. I have received PM's with regards to those questions so this is my blanket answer. I am also looking forward to next week's testing. It should be interesting.
“If Honda does not race, there is no Honda.”

“Success represents the 1% of your work which results from the 99% that is called failure.”

-- Honda Soichiro

etusch

Thank you @Wazari san.

Wouter

Wazari wrote:
14 Feb 2019, 22:28
I too like this livery. Max had no issues with power loss Silverstone. RBR made no demands to sizing and designed the bodywork around the PU, plumbing and cooling requirements. I don't believe the bodywork is that tight in relation to the PU. I have received PM's with regards to those questions so this is my blanket answer. I am also looking forward to next week's testing. It should be interesting.
Thanks @Wazari san for these reassuring words.
The Power of Dreams!

Marti_EF3

Wazari wrote:
14 Feb 2019, 22:28
=D> =D> =D> =D>

seezung

Interview with Honda motorsports director; https://sportiva.shueisha.co.jp/clm/mot ... /index.php
Article posted by HPD in another thread suggesting they might use up to 5 engines the coming year, focusing on power over reliability. In general feeling very positive both over at Red Bull and Honda. Complete Google translation of article below:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Honda, fighting with the top team of F1 in a true sense, fighting at the top level of F1 will be the first time since the second period of the 1990s when the glory was extremely high.Red Bull's new car RB 15 equipped with Honda's power unit RA 619H will be shaked down at Silverstone on February 13 and will enter the final preparation for the opening of the season in the Barcelona joint test starting on the 18th. I heard the current feelings to Mr. Masashi Yamamoto, head of motor sports, who was ahead of that.

"The season is in a really good shape.It is preparing for the season and it will be an unprecedented season at the present stage Personally exciting, exciting, "I feel like I'm going to have to do this season!" "It's a combination with Red Bull, which is said to boast the best car performance in F1 world, And the finish of the 2019 type power unit RA 619H we made. That brings great expectations. Of course, this is the first time for Honda to fight at the current level of F1 at present, Honda still does not know how to win. That is why I am worried.

"To be honest, expectation and anxiety are 50% · 50%, it is a feeling that it is somewhat positive, I think that we had very good collaboration with Toro Rosso and it was never a bad season, but rather than I thought In that sense, I think that there were a lot of reflections, and I have been experiencing many things until last year, so I'm looking forward to this year (in terms of making the most of that experience) I am looking forward to listening to things The difference between Red Bull and Toro Rosso is so different that it can be felt enough.When making things or thinking, the difference between the top team and anything else is big.Because the original aim is different, the top team has a top team There was a way of thinking and we were able to stand at the same start line for the first time as we were in the second phase, That is an honest place. "

Last year I learned a lot from a new partner Toro Rosso and worked collaboratively with my brothers team Red Bull.

In the development process of the new car RB 15, how to package the car body and power unit is extremely important, but there was no pressing on opinions with each other, and communication for finding "optimum solution" was exchanged. It is not necessary to build the fastest machine, such as --- prides and mentions, but "correct answer". There was a gap between McLaren and the prestigious team and the newcomer, which did not go well. However, with Toro Rosso, the time to spend on machine development was too small and compromise was forced. In that respect, the collaboration between Red Bull and Honda this year seems to have advanced very smoothly.

"Red Bull staff came to HRD Sakura, Tanabe (Toyoharu) in Milton Keynes has gone to the Red Bull factory.Although there is a slight delay from the initial schedule, in the framework of nearly planning we are advanced in.

was like that for the Red Bull Frequently, when I met Christian Horner (Red Bull Racing representative) last week, "I have a little late, always'm fine because it!" had said the (Laughs) They will also be accustomed to such things. "From the Red Bull side, comments that are conscious of" victory "and" champion "are being swept by the media. That as much as Red Bull is also hoping for the 2019 season.

The finish of the car body seems to be superior on the data. In design data of CAD and CFD (electronic wind tunnel), wind tunnel experiment, approximate numerical values ​​such as downforce generation amount and mechanical performance can be understood. If it is reproduced properly even in the actual run on the course, the body performance of RB 15 seems to be quite high.

"As Christians and Adrien (· New Way) say, the car seems to be finished with almost a good feeling, but that is only a story on the data, as we do not know until we really have to run. It is the same as saying "my prospects are bright on the bench" (bitter smile) But it is true that there is no negative story so far, I talked a lot with Christians and a cafe " I was saying the development plan to Monaco, but at the end we were talking with laughing (because we are doing well, it's up to you) (Bitry) " that Honda

What is the development status of the power unit?  Red Bull has been using Renault's power unit for a long time, suffering from its power shortage and lack of reliability. Even at the fastest in the car body, there was a difference in power, so there was little opportunity to challenge Mercedes AMG or Ferrari. Switching to Honda, there is a possibility that it changes drastically. Even if I can not catch up with it right away, if the annual development of 2019 progresses according to plan, it is a sufficiently realistic goal. Red Bull is thinking so.

"We are talking about Honda's annual power unit development plan for 2019 with Red Bull, and it will be a conditional story that (if such comments do) Honda will do it (you can win), but they expect that It may be a fact that it is a fact , but that is only a plan, and (Mr. Helmut) Marco said, "Even if it works well on a bench, there are times when it is a real run, so that the point is constantly moving forward Let's chase each other. "The basic design of RA 619H has already been completed, and the actual item has been delivered to the team. This is to run the pre-opening test of Barcelona, ​​the final actual battle specification will be formulated after the test. The higher the power is raised, the more load is applied to the engine, the unexpected part breaks. In order to fight all 21 races with three units, it is necessary to secure the reliability by suppressing power to some extent.

In specification 3 of RA 618 H that we put into the final round of last year, although the power went up, a problem of reliability occurred. However, it has been understood that it was only by attacking it and verifying it with actual war. The problem is how far we can win if we attack this year's power unit and how much we must give priority to power while taking risks.

"After discussing the result of the joint test of Barcelona, ​​we will talk about the opening game.Honda has a way of thinking about Honda, but we have to engage it with Red Bull's idea, we will do that meeting before the opening of the meeting Somewhat, Marco seems to expect power, "Yamamoto, reliability is also important, but it's power  first " (bitter smile) Of course, if it breaks from the beginning There is no one who knows but comes to the race.

However, five power units are needed only because the power unit keeps only four races, and even if you receive two final tail penalties, if you can fight powerfully in other races, there is enough winning. Red Bull seems to think so. As I showed it many times last year, Max Velstappen has the arm to recover to the top with outstanding tire management even from the back from the start.

"When thinking about Red Bull's machine package, if you say" You can increase one or two units, "it can be established with it, as the penalty can be recovered sufficiently by the body performance and driver's skill. I do not
want to respect the opinion of the constructor, ultimately, against the data and ideas that we have accumulated, I think that they should lead them.

"Honda has had some conservative aspects since returning to F1 in 2015, but this year it is different. I work with an energetic team called Red Bull and attack aggressively. They have enough technical skills to realize that. After that, Honda just creates a power unit that balances power and reliability, and derives "optimal solution" as a machine package.

HPD

"I am very optimistic," says David Tsurusaki, Manager at ExxonMobil. "Based on how our own preparation has gone, the development at Honda has gone and what they have done at Toro Rosso last year, I think it will be an exciting year."

The fuel and oil used during the test sessions in Barcelona were ready well in advance. "That we were able to work with Toro Rosso for an entire season last year, enabled us to finish everything in time for 2019", says Tsurusaki. "We have a very close cooperation with Honda. That's how we went to Japan after the race to spend some time with the engineers and to look at the test benches. "

"It's up to us to have the fuel and lubricants ready in time and the conditions were much better than a year ago, when we had to squeeze in all kinds of turns to finish everything on time, and two years ago, then there was also a very short preparation time. "

When asked whether it is a very different collaboration with Honda than with Renault, Tsurusaki replies: "It is just another situation. At Honda we do not have to compete with another fuel and oil supplier when it comes to attention. They are fully focused on us and that works a lot easier, I can tell you that. "

After having developed products for two different Formula 1 engines last year. That also makes it all a bit easier for the motorsports department in Paulsboro, New Jersey. "It was certainly a challenge". "And Red Bull and Toro Rosso are not the only teams we work for. To work for two teams in Formula 1 simultaneously is not easy at all, especially if you do not have more time and people at your disposal. But it did matter that we already knew a few things about Honda, because we have worked with them at McLaren before. There was a lot of time between that, and in that period, of course, many things have changed and developed, but we have an extremely good team of fuel and oil developers that does not shy away from such challenges. "

Surprises
 "Every time we think we have reached the maximum when it comes to what we can still get out of the fuel, we are faced with a surprise again. I think there are still more of this kind of surprises to come. That is in the combination of the development of the engine and development of the oil and lubricants. We have learned over the years that if you have produced the best fuel and oil, you are not necessarily ready. The point is that you get them perfectly tuned on the molecular level in the way they are used. When they want to change the pressure ratio, increase the rate of combustion or change something else, you have to make sure that your products fit in seamlessly. That is how you ultimately get the most performance out of your fuel and oil. "

"We have said in the past that we are aiming at half a percent profit, or something in that spirit. About three or four percent would have been a year or three ago, perhaps five or six percent five or six years ago. With time, the room for improvement is getting smaller and smaller. If you can now realize a half to one percent profit, that's a significant step. I think we are looking for small, incremental improvements right now. If we see a way to get more performance somewhere, then we will of course take full advantage of that. "

https://nl.motorsport.com/f1/news/brand ... 9/4318901/

Ground Effect

ajprice wrote:
18 Feb 2019, 09:11
The regular livery https://twitter.com/redbullracing/statu ... 68000?s=19
I would have liked for Honda to be a bit more prominent on the car.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Sevach

Come on Red Bull...
I had a tickle of hope that this time the launch livery was the real thing.

Thunder

Sevach wrote:
18 Feb 2019, 09:18
Come on Red Bull...
I had a tickle of hope that this time the launch livery was the real thing.
They even said it was a one time thing....
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Starscreamer

Same livery
#33 2 THE MAX 3RSTAPP3N
***WORLD CHAMPION 2021, 2022 & 2023

Godius

RB14 left, RRB15 right

adrianjordan

Actually disappointed they didn't switch the livery up a little bit...
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

ScrewCaptain27

Wheelbase has increased a lot.
"Stupid people do stupid things. Smart people outsmart each other, then themselves."
- Serj Tankian

HPD

'Very good starting point for Honda'
Christian Horner says he has been encouraged by Honda's engine as Red Bull enjoy a reliable first official track day with the engine.

"It's been a positive start, the car's done more than 80 laps so far with still an hour to come," the Red Bull chief told Sky Sports News' Craig Slater.

He conitnued: "It's running well at the moment. It's been running problem-free. We're just learning about the engine, the procedures, how it works compared to what we've had previously.

"It's a very good starting point. The installation looks great, it's beautifully integrated into the car and we're hopefully going to see exciting progress through the year."