2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wouter

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

Karim28 wrote:
23 Jul 2019, 12:14
Redbull will bring new body at Hockenheim aiming to extend the life of tyres as they aspire to repeat the result of Austria in Hungary or Germany.
It's part of developing the car of 2020

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/red-b ... s/4499326/
Where do you read that RBR will bring a new body at Hockenheim?
I only read that the car passed the crash tests.
The Power of Dreams!

Karim28

Wouter wrote:
23 Jul 2019, 18:48
Karim28 wrote:
Redbull will bring new body at Hockenheim aiming to extend the life of tyres as they aspire to repeat the result of Austria in Hungary or Germany.

Excuse me if the translate was wrong.
But I don't see any differnce of updated body or passing crash tests.
Sorry again.

diffuser

Wouter wrote:
Karim28 wrote:

Right. You could say that about most teams.

Wouter

Karim28 wrote:
23 Jul 2019, 18:55
Wouter wrote:
Karim28 wrote:

Sorry again.
Thanks for the answer, but you don't need to say sorry. :wink:
The Power of Dreams!

diffuser

Sieper wrote:
21 Jul 2019, 21:17

Whilst I am not disagreeing with your reasoning behind Max’ line on the pass on leclerc I did not find it overly aggresive or with the wrong attitude. Imho leclerc does exhibit that wrong attitude with much more vigor. It is strange for me seeing people write exactly the opposite point. Leclerc for example in Monaco already announced (after the dissapointment in qualy) that he would be having a temper in the race, and boy did he keep word. Max handled that so much better in 2018, whilst he was under much more pressure at that point. For me the Max of 2019 is in a mental better place and I feel he is racing Fair. He kept Charles alive in Silverstone on several occasions.

Max is just always receiving more headwind because he was the first super young Guy to enter F1. Everyone wanted to mark their turf. In many ways this Paved the way for other youngsters at top team, Charles and Lando, even George (Hey, at least in F1).

But be sure to see these two duke it out in the future.
Max has received "headwind", as you say, cause he's had more than his fair share of contact that has stemmed from his aggressiveness. He's has also lost many positions cause of those contacts. I agree, he is driving much better but still too much contact for my liking.

With regards to LeClerc in Monaco, he was too aggressive and paid for it. With a little patience he would have ended up with points. I was gonna say he drove like Max but that would be unfair to Max as he doesn't normally drive as aggressive as LeClerc did in Monaco. With leClerc , I think, people haven't made to much of it cause it was a one off.

Maplesoup

diffuser wrote:
23 Jul 2019, 19:13
Sieper wrote:
21 Jul 2019, 21:17

Whilst I am not disagreeing with your reasoning behind Max’ line on the pass on leclerc I did not find it overly aggresive or with the wrong attitude. Imho leclerc does exhibit that wrong attitude with much more vigor. It is strange for me seeing people write exactly the opposite point. Leclerc for example in Monaco already announced (after the dissapointment in qualy) that he would be having a temper in the race, and boy did he keep word. Max handled that so much better in 2018, whilst he was under much more pressure at that point. For me the Max of 2019 is in a mental better place and I feel he is racing Fair. He kept Charles alive in Silverstone on several occasions.

Max is just always receiving more headwind because he was the first super young Guy to enter F1. Everyone wanted to mark their turf. In many ways this Paved the way for other youngsters at top team, Charles and Lando, even George (Hey, at least in F1).

But be sure to see these two duke it out in the future.
Max has received "headwind", as you say, cause he's had more than his fair share of contact that has stemmed from his aggressiveness. He's has also lost many positions cause of those contacts. I agree, he is driving much better but still too much contact for my liking.

With regards to LeClerc in Monaco, he was too aggressive and paid for it. With a little patience he would have ended up with points. I was gonna say he drove like Max but that would be unfair to Max as he doesn't normally drive as aggressive as LeClerc did in Monaco. With leClerc , I think, people haven't made to much of it cause it was a one off.
If anything F1 needs more close action and most contact, as long as it doesn't lead to race retirements. Best part of Silverstone weekend was Hamilton and bottas, Max and Charles all racing hard and pushing each other.

Laserguru

Singabule wrote:
23 Jul 2019, 00:44
diffuser wrote:
23 Jul 2019, 00:26
Sieper wrote:
22 Jul 2019, 23:07
I wonder, is the RB15 a good car in the rain? The RB14 was dreadfull.
Combined to Max aggressive driving style, its a dreadful combination
Cannot agree with that. Max is agressive in battle but not in driving style; he places the car well controlled. This also allows him to take good care of his tires for example. His ‘fast hands’ (reflexes and hand/eye coordination) allow him to be even stronger in wet conditions when the conditions are ever changing. Similar story to Hamilton if you like. A mere reactive driver such as Grosjean or Stroll would be an interesting combination with RB14 in rain though. This years car we have to wait and see. Last year I read they did want to improve this years car in rain. Can’t wait to see.
Engineering thrives on communication. Jus soli defending WDC, love and merchandise McLaren, passion and inspiration Ferrari. Open wheel car racing and karting addict.

Sieper

I think they don’t really need that. They really had problems with the chassis early season, clearly they have learned how to resolve those issues as proven by the new FW and other aero updates working to such an extent and this new chassis will have benefitted from that increased understanding. I hope it will prove another big step forward. Why not.

diffuser

[quote=Maplesoup post_id=849689

If anything F1 needs more close action and most contact, as long as it doesn't lead to race retirements. Best part of Silverstone weekend was Hamilton and bottas, Max and Charles all racing hard and pushing each other.
[/quote]

This isn't the NFL. The play doesn't stop after every tackle. With contact there is almost always damage. If you want to win, you need to avoid it.

Espresso

Laserguru wrote:
23 Jul 2019, 19:50
Singabule wrote:
23 Jul 2019, 00:44
diffuser wrote:
23 Jul 2019, 00:26
Combined to Max aggressive driving style, its a dreadful combination
Cannot agree with that. Max is agressive in battle but not in driving style; he places the car well controlled. This also allows him to take good care of his tires for example. His ‘fast hands’ (reflexes and hand/eye coordination) allow him to be even stronger in wet conditions when the conditions are ever changing. Similar story to Hamilton if you like. A mere reactive driver such as Grosjean or Stroll would be an interesting combination with RB14 in rain though. This years car we have to wait and see. Last year I read they did want to improve this years car in rain. Can’t wait to see.
+1
In addition to that Max drives the car on and over the limit to maximize result. In this light its amazing he almost doesn't make mistakes. It's a knife's edge between brilliant racing and a stupid crash.

Seb can tell you about it. If he'd managed to pass Max last race that would have been a brilliant move. Now the world (except Max) is flaming Seb.

Mercedes doesn't really need to push to the limit, giving them more 'safety' margin.
Ferrari start to have to push to the limits accompanied by the rise in mistakes.
Do you feel the need to post, comment or criticize in this forum?
Please substantiate (why, how, what) your reply!
This is no twitter or chatbox but a forum.

Stay friendly and keep away bashing, trolling & baiting from our wonderful technical forum. --> Forum Guide

FrukostScones

Wouter wrote:
23 Jul 2019, 19:03
Karim28 wrote:
Wouter wrote:

Sorry again.
the headline says kind of : "RB has homologated a new tub, ..., the goal is to extent tyre life and so to repeat Austria success in Germany and Hungary":"
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

dxpetrov

You don't have to see a bodywork change at all with a new chassis crash test pass. That's not the point. It's usually done to reinforce structural elements of the car, better weight distribution etc. - something that is usually not seen with an eye, but critically important for overall performance.

Wouter

FrukostScones wrote:
24 Jul 2019, 12:47
Wouter wrote:
23 Jul 2019, 19:03
Karim28 wrote:

Sorry again.
the headline says kind of : "RB has homologated a new tub, ..., the goal is to extent tyre life and so to repeat Austria success in Germany and Hungary":"
From that sentence you could indeed conclude that.
However, it is something that Giorgio Piola says / suspects.
We're going to see it in a few days. RBR has not yet announced anything, insiders also know nothing about it.
The Power of Dreams!

Pyrone89

How does a new monocoque help with tyre deg? Isnt that more of a suspension and aero thing?
True GOATs don’t need the help of superior material to win.

Tom Brady, Usain Bolt are true GOATs.

astracrazy

Pyrone89 wrote:
24 Jul 2019, 13:42
How does a new monocoque help with tyre deg? Isnt that more of a suspension and aero thing?
Weight and weight distribution perhaps? Maybe they have realigned the suspension mounts?