2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Ground Effect

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

Not looking bad at all.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Capharol

looked very good, 128 Laps without Problems and decent Timing aswell.
I have to say I starting to get more excited about this year

Mansell89

Has to go down as a rock solid start for Red Bull Honda. Sister teams mileage also went well and so the PU question mark certainly hasn’t shown any reason for concern today.

They could be a hugely exciting partnership but let’s see how we go as the wick gradually gets turned up.

Very promising start though I felt.

Marti_EF3

I was on the track this afternoon, and the RBR seems to handle awesome well at the corners and exiting. Very stable and without corrections on the entry... The PU sounds a little bit different than the STR PU... Maybe Honda is testing some things, or are they using alternative mapping and exhausts??

So far they look great, but only first day. Tomorrow I will be there too, but I don't know if I will be able to do streaming again due to FOM eliminating my previous stream... Maybe I will use instagram or Facebook

Marti_EF3

A video that I recorded today, do you feel the difference in the sound, too??

Sieper

In that first passage the RBR was pushing much more then the STR which alone would explain the difference in engine note. Thanks by the way!

Marti_EF3

Sieper wrote:
18 Feb 2019, 20:51
In that first passage the RBR was pushing much more then the STR which alone would explain the difference in engine note. Thanks by the way!
Yes, but in "equal" throttle conditions, they sounded a bit different. (much more when cylinder deactivation and downshift...) Maybe it's just me 🤣

Sieper

I am sure you are in a better position to judge! Trackside et all!

McG

As a McLaren fan who has harboured some animosity towards Red Bull and especially Honda more recently, I have to say it's good to see the Honda finally working (although it's early days yet).

Wishing them all the best and hope all you RBR STR ASTON MARTIN HONDA CASIO TAG HEUER get plenty of good feels this season :D
F1 is dead.

Sieper

Good on you, let the hate dissapate and feel freeer to look at the own teams future without that weight on your Neck.

sn809

Marti_EF3 wrote:
18 Feb 2019, 20:48

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuCFBD5nnz7 ... s2xp68uc32
Great work there, I think there are two different spec engines. The TR one sounds more tractor like. It is testing after all. I am sure after Albon has used the engine on second day of testing a new engine will be installed in TR and the tested engine will be sent back to Sakura/Milton Keys similar to last yr.

RB have 4 built engines already as per Horner, and no matter what your budget you don't just get so many engines ready unless they are race ready.

I wonder if the 4 PUs ready for RB are 2 for the first week of testing, 1 for the 2nd week of testing and 1 backup

Zynerji

Im guessing that they are hoping to only use 2 engines, 1 per week, then have 2 for Melbourne.

That could be, I was just thinking they might do like they did last year and have 2 different things to try. I would love to see them only use 2 for testing. Be nice to see them put a lot of distance on each PU.

I'm also thrilled that there were minimal PU related issues in day 1. Of course there is probably a lot of detuning going on, but at least all the teams (minus Williams) got a lot of information.

Ground Effect

sn809 wrote:
19 Feb 2019, 03:24
Marti_EF3 wrote:
18 Feb 2019, 20:48

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuCFBD5nnz7 ... s2xp68uc32
Great work there, I think there are two different spec engines. The TR one sounds more tractor like. It is testing after all. I am sure after Albon has used the engine on second day of testing a new engine will be installed in TR and the tested engine will be sent back to Sakura/Milton Keys similar to last yr.

RB have 4 built engines already as per Horner, and no matter what your budget you don't just get so many engines ready unless they are race ready.
Honda have been known to use different spec engines during the preseason tests, one for week one, and another for week two. It's not impossible that their testing with 2 different specs simultaneously, now that they have the luxury of 2 cars.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.