2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Capharol
Capharol

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

Sayeman wrote:
20 Feb 2019, 21:25
Anyone has any top speed data? Watched a video where Versteppen overtook Sainz on the straight today.
I saw kvyat had 300 Kph in the middle sector and he was the fastest there (was till 2 Hours before test ended)
Sayeman wrote:
Took a awful long time for Versteppen to pass despite Sainz not using DRS.
might be due to heavier weight on the RB (higher fuelload)
Sayeman wrote:
Also Horner mentioning that their will be another Update from Honda before Melbourne...will it be the engine that TR is using right now?
Honda is planning on bringing a minor update to Melbourne, but it ain't sure yet and if it has much effect....

that's all i know

Stef
Stef

Capharol
Capharol

thank you stef.
if these speedtrap is accurate all will have a problem when it's true that Mercedes has the highest Kph but isn't in the top 3 timetables, because i figured with the laptimes Merc is doing they are heavy on fuel and if they can get this speed with heavy fuel …..

PhillipM
PhillipM

...or everyone else has their engines turned down and Merc really are struggling...there's nothing really you can take away from that at the minute, we haven't had enough running. Maybe next week.

Everyone is slower when really this year with the more powerful DRS they should be running at least the same and probably faster as the wings are more efficient than they were (as they're wider)

Capharol
Capharol

as i have heard/read somewhere they are as fast as last year, not sure anymore where i got that

HPD

Capharol wrote:
20 Feb 2019, 22:32
Honda is planning on bringing a minor update to Melbourne, but it ain't sure yet and if it has much effect....
that's all i know
As @muramasa explained, it possibly means that Honda is still playing safely. TR always has higher speeds than RB, it could mean something, maybe the engine is running more aggressively. I do not know!
But the word "update" seems to me exaggerated haha

Capharol
Capharol

HPD wrote:
20 Feb 2019, 23:10
Capharol wrote:
that's all i know
As @muramasa explained, it possibly means that Honda is still playing safely. TR always has higher speeds than RB, it could mean something, maybe the engine is running more aggressively. I do not know!
it's what Horner said according to AMuS
Honda hat für den Saisonstart in Melbourne eine weitere Ausbaustufe angekündigt. „Ein kleiner Schritt“, bestätigt Horner.
Translated: Honda has announced that they want to bring a "next step" (minor update or whatever you wanna call it) to Melbourne... CONFIRMS Horner

godlameroso

PhillipM wrote:
20 Feb 2019, 22:58
...or everyone else has their engines turned down and Merc really are struggling...there's nothing really you can take away from that at the minute, we haven't had enough running. Maybe next week.

Everyone is slower when really this year with the more powerful DRS they should be running at least the same and probably faster as the wings are more efficient than they were (as they're wider)
Cars have more drag, the downforce is the same, but the rear wing is a parachute.
Saishū kōnā

PhillipM
PhillipM

The rear wings are more efficient than last year, so if they run the same downforce they'd do it with less drag on the wing, if they're running more RW downforce they can still mitigate it with the larger DRS openings.

sn809
sn809

Arai/Muramasa have stated slight difference between the TR and RB engines and after evaluation of testing in Barcelona they will decide which engine they will run with at Melbourne and if the two teams will continue having different engines. Whilst car data cannot be shared, engine data is readily sharable.

Jaisonas
Jaisonas

Not sure if the difference is that big
Wazari wrote:
21 Feb 2019, 09:03
Marti_EF3 wrote:
20 Feb 2019, 17:50
I'm curious aboout what Spec are STR running, because it sounds different than the RB PU. The sound reminds me more of last year PU
Slightly different wastegate configuration between the two. No other hardware differences.

muramasa
muramasa

Capharol wrote:
20 Feb 2019, 23:14
HPD wrote:
20 Feb 2019, 23:10
Capharol wrote:
that's all i know
it's what Horner said according to AMuS
Honda hat für den Saisonstart in Melbourne eine weitere Ausbaustufe angekündigt. „Ein kleiner Schritt“, bestätigt Horner.
Translated: Honda has announced that they want to bring a "next step" (minor update or whatever you wanna call it) to Melbourne... CONFIRMS Horner
Honda said they will decide definitive spec to bring to Melbourne ie the 1st cycle of the season based on the outcome/finding of winter testing.
https://sportiva.shueisha.co.jp/clm/mot ... ndex_4.php
Whatever Horner says merely means this. The nature of the PU and R&D overall means what I wrote previously, that's what "next step" is, there simply cannot be such thing as "update" which some people seem to think.

Wouter

muramasa wrote:
21 Feb 2019, 15:08
Honda said they will decide definitive spec to bring to Melbourne ie the 1st cycle of the season based on the outcome/finding of winter testing.
https://sportiva.shueisha.co.jp/clm/mot ... ndex_4.php
[/quote]

Where on that site do you read that Honda will decide which engine to use in Melbourne after the tests? I do not read that anywhere.
The Power of Dreams!

Marti_EF3

The C3 tires only last for 16-17 laps it seems... But the long runs compared to Leclerc are pretty similar, not bad =D>

Capharol
Capharol

thanks for the article Muramasa…. some very interesting points reading there

@wouter
"After discussing the result of the joint test of Barcelona, ​​we will talk about the opening game.