2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Sieper

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

That should not be Albon’ mindset. And it wont be, he is going for his own luck, as he should. I think he is quite good.

Pyrone89

Sieper wrote:
12 Aug 2019, 23:55
That should not be Albon’ mindset. And it wont be, he is going for his own luck, as he should. I think he is quite good.
In the karting days and GP3 Albon was only second to Leclerc by a small margin (Max had already moved up the ladder faster and was not with LEC and ALB anymore), so he definately has talent. In their karting days Gasly was some way behind those guys if I am correct.
True GOATs don’t need the help of superior material to win.

Tom Brady, Usain Bolt are true GOATs.

carisi2k

If albon fails then expect kyvat to drive at red bull some time as well. I think they are trying to see if it is a driver problem or maybe something in the chassis that Max is able to overcome but nobody else. Sort of like when Casey Stoner was winning a world championship at ducati and yet nobody else was able to do anything with the ducati.

yener

carisi2k wrote:
13 Aug 2019, 00:03
If albon fails then expect kyvat to drive at red bull some time as well. I think they are trying to see if it is a driver problem or maybe something in the chassis that Max is able to overcome but nobody else. Sort of like when Casey Stoner was winning a world championship at ducati and yet nobody else was able to do anything with the ducati.
Lol.. you think Gasly used only 1 chassis after he wrecked his car so many times? The only thing Albon will proof is that Max is a superb driver. Also i believe albon will have a slightly better pace, but the real great advantage is that he wont crash the car every weekend and f%ck up every race.
"Life is about passions - Thank you for sharing mine" MSC

Pyrone89

carisi2k wrote:
Gasly got a completely new chassis in Germany and before Silverstone they did an extensive check of the chassis and all components and found nothing.

Or do you mean a design error in the car?
True GOATs don’t need the help of superior material to win.

Tom Brady, Usain Bolt are true GOATs.

Jolle

carisi2k wrote:
If you look at Gasly's junior years, it suggests that he needs time to figure out how to get the maximum out of a package. Formula one, especially a top team car, is the opposite of a multi year spec series car with good drivability. We see this with all three top teams, they are all operating in a very narrow window. As soon as you fall out of this window, it's like you're going backwards. We've seen this with Bottas on a few occasions and sometimes Vettel just misses this window. I suspect the STR last year was designed as a good drivable predictable package, being a test bed for the Honda engine and suitable for young drivers to get up to speed. Gasly probably has the potential to go fast, just not the flexitibity to adapt fast enough to get a car like a RedBull inside it's window.

Singabule

Well, im not fancy this move as I prefer see Kvyat on that seat, but its good hence RB could access the necessary information whether they need to obtain talent elsewhere. Bottas or Hulk maybe their other option

PhillipM

Pyrone89 wrote:
13 Aug 2019, 01:31
carisi2k wrote:
Gasly got a completely new chassis in Germany and before Silverstone they did an extensive check of the chassis and all components and found nothing.

He means the car is so tricky to get in the sweet spot that it requires a single, specific driving style to do it - the same as with Stoner, he could get the Ducati to go unbelievably well yet everyone else that jumped on it said it was so inconsistant they just had no confidence on it.

carisi2k

PhillipM wrote:
13 Aug 2019, 05:44
Pyrone89 wrote:
13 Aug 2019, 01:31
carisi2k wrote:

He means the car is so tricky to get in the sweet spot that it requires a single, specific driving style to do it - the same as with Stoner, he could get the Ducati to go unbelievably well yet everyone else that jumped on it said it was so inconsistant they just had no confidence on it.
yes this is what I mean. Maybe only Max is able to maximum out of the rb but who knows. If albon gets in the car and goes well then it was a driver issue. If Albon struggles then maybe Red Bull need to figure out how to make the performance in the rb15 more accessible to their drivers.

McMika98

Jolle wrote:
13 Aug 2019, 03:19
If you look at Gasly's junior years, it suggests that he needs time to figure out how to get the maximum out of a package. Formula one, especially a top team car, is the opposite of a multi year spec series car with good drivability.
I suspect the STR last year was designed as a good drivable predictable package, being a test bed for the Honda engine and suitable for young drivers to get up to speed. Gasly probably has the potential to go fast, just not the flexitibity to adapt fast enough to get a car like a RedBull inside it's window.
Gasly is still a quick driver but a poor racer thats his main problem. Also he isnt good at fine tuning a car setup. Most of his good performances last year came from strategy calls where he was in open air. He cant buy an overtake move. The early aero balance issues disnt help his confidence. Expecting Albon to do the business on Max, impossible though it may be.

etusch

after Redbull's move Ferrari decided to bring an Engine upgrade to save second position in wcc :lol:

GPR-A

etusch wrote:
13 Aug 2019, 07:49
after Redbull's move Ferrari decided to bring an Engine upgrade to save second position in wcc :lol:
Is that supposed to be funny? Ever since engine allocation was reduced to 3, Spa has become the schedule for Spec 3 engine for Mercedes and Ferrari. Due to the nature of Spa and Monza, it is apt to introduce a new engine to meet the demands of these circuits.

Bence

This swap can even be beneficial for both parties IF the car balance vs. driving styles are deciding factors. If Albon can cope with the slightly loose, tail-happy nature of the RB15 and he can extract its performance and Gasly trusts the more planted/neutral Toro Rosso, the math can be healthy.

We saw more than a couple of times when a driving style absolutely didn't match the handling characteristics of a given vehicle - the driver or even the whole combo looked outta talent basically overnight.

Wouter

GPR -A wrote:
13 Aug 2019, 08:25
etusch wrote:
Is that supposed to be funny? Ever since engine allocation was reduced to 3, Spa has become the schedule for Spec 3 engine for Mercedes and Ferrari. Due to the nature of Spa and Monza, it is apt to introduce a new engine to meet the demands of these circuits.
Come on, he was just joking! @Etusch also knows that Ferrari mostly introduces a new engine in Spa.
The Power of Dreams!

Juzh

GPR -A wrote:
13 Aug 2019, 08:25
etusch wrote:
issa yoke