2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
lio007

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

nzjrs wrote:
01 Sep 2019, 23:06
lio007 wrote:
01 Sep 2019, 22:56
Wouter wrote:
01 Sep 2019, 22:06

@Lio007, you are from Austria. I think you must know and understand the ORF. :P
Indeed, I am! ;-)
But unfortunately I haven't seen the race (in some aspects I'm happy I haven't, the first lap incident with Max would have cost me some nerves), therefore no ORF for me this afternoon. Did they mention it there?
Maybe I'll watch the replay, but it's at 03:40...so quite early to get up.
You could probably watch it on demand via ORF tvthek, or at least that worked for me in the past.
It's OK now, I've missed Wouter's link (ORF-interview with Dr. Marko) on page 287) :-)

Marti_EF3

Juzh wrote:
01 Sep 2019, 23:03
KelsO wrote:
01 Sep 2019, 22:31
Juzh wrote:
01 Sep 2019, 22:21

quite impressive speds for spa. From honda no less.
Most likely, Kvyat showed such a maximum speed when he overtook Dan on the 34th lap. Hulk, Ricc, Stroll and Albon made their last overtaking much later, when the car was even lighter. I’m not sure exactly when these measurements of maximum speed were made, but I think by the end of the race.
Hamilton overtook Vettel on the 32nd lap and then were still circular, and the he was less 13 km / h slower.
kvyat did 356 on lap 33 while chasing down grosjean. He caught him from a long way back despite haas also having DRS and slipstream, forcing him to take a defensive line.

f1tv was bugged on kvyat's onboard and so had no engine sounds.
https://streamable.com/z2488

albon did it while overtakeing hulk with drs.
Wow, he was far behind, and almost did the overtake. Impressive speed of the Spec 4 and the STR :wtf:

Juzh

KelsO wrote:
01 Sep 2019, 23:06
Juzh wrote:
KelsO wrote:

Most likely, Kvyat showed such a maximum speed when he overtook Dan on the 34th lap. Hulk, Ricc, Stroll and Albon made their last overtaking much later, when the car was even lighter. I’m not sure exactly when these measurements of maximum speed were made, but I think by the end of the race.
Hamilton overtook Vettel on the 32nd lap and then were still circular, and the he was less 13 km / h slower.
kvyat did 356 on lap 33 while chasing down grosjean. He caught him from a long way back despite haas also having DRS and slipstream, forcing him to take a defensive line.

Thanks Juzh! Where do you get all this?
its all there in the f1 app and f1tv. anyone can get it.

Sieper

Anyone perhaps can, but it takes a person with insight and willingness to put the work in to share all this. Thank you very much and my compliments.

Datco

A day to forget when it comes to 2nd in wdc and 2nd on wcc. It was always going to be about damage control this weekend but that was as bad as it could get.
On the positive side the Honda PU has done 6 races with Albon and Gasly, and they were the only PU not to fail this weekend. Albon was good on his 2nd stint and made some good overtakes. Gasly too seems to have woken up, seems his demotion is just what the doctor ordered. Torro Rosso opened the gap to Renault 2nd race in a row.

Marti_EF3

Datco wrote:
02 Sep 2019, 00:13
A day to forget when it comes to 2nd in wdc and 2nd on wcc. It was always going to be about damage control this weekend but that was as bad as it could get.
On the positive side the Honda PU has done 6 races with Albon and Gasly, and they were the only PU not to fail this weekend. Albon was good on his 2nd stint and made some good overtakes. Gasly too seems to have woken up, seems his demotion is just what the doctor ordered. Torro Rosso opened the gap to Renault 2nd race in a row.
Taking 2nd in WCC was going to be hard anyway. Now it's almost impossible. But 2nd on the WDC for Max is still possible.

godlameroso

There are some positives to take away from today. Honda's new power unit is a success, Albon was much quicker than Leclerc late race. If we assume Verstappen to be .3 seconds faster than Albon, which was a similar gap to Riccardo then it stands that once the new fuel is introduced the fight is seriously on. We may get our 5 victories.
Saishū kōnā

hasika

It seems new fuel will be ready at Sochi.
Personally i think its a little bit late.i hope they can introduce it earlier then we can see the Spec4‘s true potential.

nzjrs

godlameroso wrote:
02 Sep 2019, 02:57
There are some positives to take away from today. Honda's new power unit is a success, Albon was much quicker than Leclerc late race. If we assume Verstappen to be .3 seconds faster than Albon, which was a similar gap to Riccardo then it stands that once the new fuel is introduced the fight is seriously on. We may get our 5 victories.
Horner said Albon didn't run the new PU in the race.

McMika98

nzjrs wrote:
02 Sep 2019, 07:08
godlameroso wrote:
02 Sep 2019, 02:57
Horner said Albon didn't run the new PU in the race.
If Albon didnt use Spec 4.0 that is mighty impressive drive for him and Honda. Amusing how Honda engines had the least amount of terminal failure this season. He lost out in the start as both Kvyat and Gio overtook him. The safety car didnt help the medium tyre cars as they all struggled after restart. His soft run pace was tremendous.
Ok bold prediction time, given how Mercs new spec isnt reliable and nor is Ferraris. It could be a safe bet to think Albon could get his first victory in Monza.

auv
auv

Juzh wrote:
KelsO wrote:
Juzh wrote:
01 Sep 2019, 22:21

quite impressive speds for spa. From honda no less.

Kvyat: 356 kph @ 12950 revs + slipstream.
Vettel in quali: 346 @ 12400 (no slipstreaming).
Looks like Kvyat was on high engine mod.

Bill

Ones fia clamped down on oil burning/"consumption " Mercedes engine guys don't look superhuman they are floundering trying to look for extra performance. Max screwed himself victory was within reach Mercedes running engine detuned and Ferrari with their alleged fuel efficiency issues an opportunity was missed. Monza difficult to overtake also starting back have to wait until Singapore to fight for victory but Mercedes will be back again in full force they are strong in slow corners.

Jambier

The car still isn't at ease on fast track.
I suspect Monza will be the same. But this is the story since years with RB.

Regarding Albon, I think he made a very good job! No mistakes, learning, not to quick, step by step =D>
And very good finish of the race

Capharol

Wouter wrote:
01 Sep 2019, 22:06
lio007 wrote:
01 Sep 2019, 21:43
KelsO wrote:
01 Sep 2019, 21:41
Albon used an old specification engine in the qualification and race. He was replaced after Friday's training. Kvyat used a new one.
What??? Where did you get this information?
@Lio007, you are from Austria. I think you must know and understand the ORF. :P
Marko: at the 1st stint he [Albon] had problems and drove not as fast as we expected in the middle sector, he tried to notify us, but somehow the communication wasn't working well, (credit for Albons performance) .... then he saying it wasn't the faster engine(not using the word spec 3 or anything like that, just "faster engine"), we thought it wouldn't help us much from the back.

on the question if Max takes the spec 4 egnine in Monza, he confirms

etusch

Jambier wrote:
02 Sep 2019, 09:24
The car still isn't at ease on fast track.
I suspect Monza will be the same. But this is the story since years with RB.

Regarding Albon, I think he made a very good job! No mistakes, learning, not to quick, step by step =D>
And very good finish of the race
At least if Albon is behind someone we can expect he will overtake him