2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
etusch

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This track is almost neutrilised cars and left drivers with power. Mercedes also could not go fast enough.

Bill

These race was a disaster as said last week they should have changed pu in spa and use two back straights to overtake in spa the difference between cars is huge because they are high speed corners so top 3 and midfield gap is large in monza you need a delta of 1.5 to pull an overtake.

godlameroso

Monza is an outlier track. Let's look ahead, we will have better chances in the upcoming races. Singapore RBR can fight for the win, and no silly tows down the straights. Sochi will be competitive for us as well, then Suzuka, which I'm sure Honda is doing everything they can to get a good result there. After that it's COTA, Mexico, Brazil and Abu Dhabi. Red Bull is strong in Mexico and COTA will play into the cars strengths. Brazil was good for RBR last year, and this year should be as well. Abu Dhabi may have Ferrari do well again, although sector 3 is very downforce dependent. I see RBR being very strong for the rest of the season, and I hope there aren't any more engine penalties.
Saishū kōnā

Jambier

So it seems that RB Honda is trying to emulate a traction control with the engine.

But for now it causes issue in qualy and even in race for VES

Jaisonas

I really feel that the entire weekend the car had the wrong gear configuration. 330kph and the engine was on high revs. I think they needed a longer 8th gear.

McMika98

Jaisonas wrote:
08 Sep 2019, 18:16
I really feel that the entire weekend the car had the wrong gear configuration. 330kph and the engine was on high revs. I think they needed a longer 8th gear.
They got 345 with the slipstream which is good enough. Its the engine thats lacking as i have said for a while. Maybe Honda were saving it for next races but then Kvyat issue seemed terminal.

Big Tea

Jaisonas wrote:
They have to pick for the year, and to get this one race right it would be overgeared on the others.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Jambier

McMika98 wrote:
08 Sep 2019, 18:19
Jaisonas wrote:
They got 345 with the slipstream which is good enough. Its the engine thats lacking as i have said for a while. Maybe Honda were saving it for next races but then Kvyat issue seemed terminal.
Fastest of the race : VET 359.7

Juzh

10 minutes of verstappen chasing perez. as you can see apart from one oppurtunity there wasnt a real chance of passing. Verstappen just said in teds notebook they had some problems with the rev limiters which limited them in how much top speed they could achieve, but he wouldnt elaborate. I find it plausible since verstappen did 357 kmh once on the main straight and then never went above 350 ever again, so there might be something to this. I just checked kvyat's data and he was doing 355+ multiple laps in a row (even 360 at one point). These reocuring small problems are starting to be anoying.

https://streamable.com/rax1l

Jaisonas

Juzh wrote:
08 Sep 2019, 18:30
10 minutes of verstappen chasing perez. as you can see apart from one oppurtunity there wasnt a real chance of passing. Verstappen just said in teds notebook they had some problems with the rev limiters which limited them in how much top speed they could achieve, but he wouldnt elaborate. I find it plausible since verstappen did 357 kmh once on the main straight and then never went above 350 ever again, so there might be something to this. I just checked kvyat's data and he was doing 355+ multiple laps in a row (even 360 at one point). These reocuring small problems are starting to be anoying.

Are these misfires that im hearing or is it that rev limit?

Jaisonas

Damn it looks like his mapping is locked in a safe mode, kinda like what Vettel had in Australia. Not faster than 330 and 345 on the straight.

loner

godzi wrote:
08 Sep 2019, 16:15
What are we waiting for to put kvyatt in the red bull Honda
godzi wrote:
08 Sep 2019, 16:58
Albon doesn't have the level.... Kvyatt with mediums was not far from the Thai, who was with a soft tire.
With a red bull, he must be in front of the Renault cars! If it was Gasly driving, he would have already received a death sentence!
you are over reacting.
para bellum.

HondaPOD

Jambier wrote:
08 Sep 2019, 18:15
So it seems that RB Honda is trying to emulate a traction control with the engine.

But for now it causes issue in qualy and even in race for VES
Another Jacques Villeneuve theory. Hopeless :oops:

It was a race to forget, the pace was there, but bad luck at the start, bad luck with VSC, bad luck with Perez.
About Perez, bad lack with this Williams when Max could pass.
Also Perez keep changing the line in the straight

Jambier

Since several years people are speaking about that kind of TC (for every engine supplier)

Anyway pace was possibly good, and I think Singapore is a very likely win

loner

Juzh wrote:
08 Sep 2019, 18:30

thank you Juzh like always for your vids
well i have 2 little notices for my sight
- for me it looked MV wasn't interested that much during this video
- no radio with his engineer in a dog fight with perez seems his engineer couldn't care less as well :lol:
para bellum.