2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Juzh

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

kvyat's engine most likely fine:
https://racer.com/2019/09/13/honda-want ... w-pu-spec/
“On Kvyat’s car we are investigating the cause of the oil leakage — at the end of the race when he cut the engine the engine data was showing normal, so that’s OK. So we could get data … So far I’d say not good but not too bad.”

JordanMugen

GhostF1 wrote:
13 Sep 2019, 07:56
https://www.gptoday.net/en/news/f2/2506 ... on-in-2020

Do we think all the noise about Tsunoda, especially the above, is an RBR enticement to keep Honda post 2020? Seems they are keen to throw Tsunoda into F2 earlier than Yuri Vips who has performed no worse, if not better than Tsunoda.
I suspect Honda will be paying for the F2 seat, not Red Bull. Just as Honda pays now for Matsushita.
That's the difference.

For whatever reason, Red Bull refuses to pay the cost of an F2 seat. :?:

loner

lets see his development i remember some hype about Fukuzumi
para bellum.

https://f1-gate.com/honda/f1_51925.html

Yamamoto confirmed there will be another engine to be introduced by Japanese GP for all four cars.
Spec is not specified but the article speculates they will take another Spec 4 in Russia getting grid penalties, and use them in Japan.

In a different article, Tanabe said he wants to confirm Spec 4 performance in a track like Singapore. It makes sense if another engine is to be introduced.

McMika98

Guess Villenueve was right about the engine life. Max has a fresher engine than Renault and Merc cars and if he has to take a penalty in Sochi for a Suzuka special then its a shame. Cant understand how they cannot have them running till the end. Not like they are producing same power as Ferrari and Renault or even the Merc.

Artur Craft

Renault had a big jump in Spa and Monza. RB didn't
improve. The 25HP gain claim was an outright lie

Bill

Nobody gives an ass you bunch of wankers thinks Rbr aims for victory in Singapore,Japan,us ,Mexico & Brazil what race will or podium will Renault win

Wouter

McMika98 wrote:
14 Sep 2019, 08:08
Guess Villenueve was right about the engine life. Max has a fresher engine than Renault and Merc cars and if he has to take a penalty in Sochi for a Suzuka special then its a shame. Cant understand how they cannot have them running till the end. Not like they are producing same power as Ferrari and Renault or even the Merc.
In Sochi they will get a new engine because there will be a new Turbo availible witch will provide a huge upgrade.
I don't think thats a shame but that is just great.
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Artur Craft wrote:
14 Sep 2019, 08:32
Renault had a big jump in Spa and Monza. RB didn't
improve. The 25HP gain claim was an outright lie
Renault drove with very low downforce.
RBR did improve and the 25 HP gain wasn't a lie.

Max had to do a catch-up race and you than lose a lot of time.
In the open air he drove the same times as the front riders.
Kvyat also drove very good times until he dropped out.
The Power of Dreams!

flexcon

McMika98 wrote:
Eh no. This year is clearly all about development and pushing on to meet those targets of "Equal to Mercedes"

The Spec 3 lasted 6 races. This talk of another engine upgrade suggests Redbull have nothing to lose, they are in no man's land in the championship but HONDA - They have so much to learn.

Villeneuve used words such as "Engine cant last more than 2 races before blowing up". Show me a Honda engine that didn't last more than 2 races or a Honda engine that blew up.

As you said "Not like they are producing the same power as Ferrari, Renault and Merc". Well to achieve that you must develop develop develop and it's clearly working.

Alexf1

Spec 3 hasnt done 6 races yet. Spec 2 has with its use in spa (and hungary they say)

Pyrone89

Wouter wrote:
14 Sep 2019, 09:06
McMika98 wrote:
In Sochi they will get a new engine because there will be a new Turbo availible witch will provide a huge upgrade.
Source?
True GOATs don’t need the help of superior material to win.

Tom Brady, Usain Bolt are true GOATs.

McMika98

flexcon wrote:
14 Sep 2019, 10:18

Villeneuve used words such as "Engine cant last more than 2 races before blowing up". Show me a Honda engine that didn't last more than 2 races or a Honda engine that blew up.
He said 5 races which has been proven correct so far. Spec 3.0 and 4.0 does not seem to last 5 races especially running near max power levels.

Alexf1

It seems so yes. Then they got some work to do this winter for the start of next year cause the first spec must do the fridays too. Better to have the power and increase the durability than the other way around.

Wouter

Pyrone89 wrote:
14 Sep 2019, 10:37
Wouter wrote:
14 Sep 2019, 09:06
McMika98 wrote:
Source?
The sources are @Wazari and Yamamoto.

* I think Honda is on course and will continue to chip away at the gap with one big chunk coming in the latter third of this season.
* There were 2 upgrades still planned for this year. One minor and one major. (spec 4 and spec 4.1/5)
* I do believe that the one major update planned for this season in a series of "smaller" previous updates will take place around Sochi.
* Something tells me that Spec 4.XX/5 (Spec 4 with revised turbo and intake plenum) should be ready
by Sochi along with a fuel upgrade
Yamamoto https://f1-gate.com/honda/f1_51925.html
The Power of Dreams!