2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
etusch
88
User avatar
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:09 pm
Location: Turkey

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

Post by etusch » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:46 pm

KelsO wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:55 pm
In the paddock suspect that Ferrari circumvents the regulation or uses gray zones. Horner sent a request to the FIA for clarification.
Here is an Italian article. Perhaps this is just a translation of the AMUS article.
https://www.f1analisitecnica.com/2019/0 ... refresh_ce
I read some turkish one that was talking about 3 different idea about how ferrari achieved this speed. They looks logical but most logical one is that how a faster mercedes car in lap time can not overtake the ferrari with tow + drs?

Wouter
165
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:02 pm

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

Post by Wouter » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:01 am

ispano6 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:28 pm
. These folks as in the people who are obsessed with getting likes posting google translated text from foreign websites that exists that they can find or learn of from others. (sure I get people ask Source?)
@ Ispano6,
I find that quite a strong accusation about someone you don't know.
Because I cannot read Japanese myself, I am happy with all the help I can get here on the forum.
Japanese cannot be read by a translation machine. That is illegible for a non-Japanese speaking person.
That is why I am very happy with the help I received from @Hasika, @SF Engineer and @1717,
even though Asaki's name is always shown as Asagi. As long as the rest is correct, and it is imo.

godlameroso
337
User avatar
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:27 pm
Location: Miami FL

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

Post by godlameroso » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:16 pm

Where Asaki says the PU is not yet "seasoned" it means the fire juice. They needed data to develop the fire juice, it's been ready but they wanted to be sure. It may go pop but if it works, power deficits won't be an issue.
The height of cultivation is really nothing special. It is merely simplicity; the ability to express the utmost with the minimum. Mr.Lee

Wouter
165
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:02 pm

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

Post by Wouter » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:44 am


lio007
280
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:03 pm
Location: Austria

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

Post by lio007 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:41 pm

Does anybody know if Alex can speak Thai as well? Or only English? ...just wondered the other day.

Polite
0
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:36 am

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

Post by Polite » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:49 pm

gokarter wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:06 am
Mercedes are the only pu that has higher power and legit. Ferrar are cheating with their engine and battery. Is clear to see they only they have this power in qualy mode and the in race they are not good.they ran extra battery last year and got an extra power. What did FIA do? Nothing basically told them to adjust a setting. Shame Ferrari international assistant at it best . What about central running off track limits nothing. I had enough of this corrupt sport

I must caution you, Mr. Gokarter that libel is a very serious matter.
2018 Ferrari PU was not cheating with extra battery,.. confirmed by FIA.

Big Tea
60
User avatar
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:57 pm

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

Post by Big Tea » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:18 pm

lio007 wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:41 pm
Does anybody know if Alex can speak Thai as well? Or only English? ...just wondered the other day.
He said in an interview (no link soz) that he speaks it to his mother, but from that we can not gather how well.
He is also Buddhist, so presumably would mix with others who speak the language.
One test is worth a thousand expert opinions

aral
Moderator
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:49 pm

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

Post by aral » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:39 pm

Oh dear ! Is there something about the title of the thread that is confusing? The thread is about Aston Martin Red Bull and has absolutely nothing to do with Ferrari or Mercedes. So some posts have been removed. PLEASE stay on topic.

SF Engineer
11
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:10 pm

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

Post by SF Engineer » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:31 am

I’m interested to see how Albon can get on here in his 3rd race with the team. I like what I have seen from him thus far and hope to see him finish ahead of Bottas and Vettel. I think if he can manage that it’ll go a long way toward him staying in the RB for 2020.

As some have mentioned in the race thread, I think the key will be getting the tires to work in the colder/low load conditions. Given the course layout it would be easy to overheat the surface (especially of the rears), while losing built temp.

The team/driver(s) that can mitigate this the best via car design, set-up and driving style should maximize their chances here. It’ll be interesting to see who’s completed their homework the best!

Wouter
165
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:02 pm

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

Post by Wouter » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:43 am

SF Engineer wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:31 am
I’m interested to see how Albon can get on here in his 3rd race with the team. I like what I have seen from him thus far and hope to see him finish ahead of Bottas and Vettel. I think if he can manage that it’ll go a long way toward him staying in the RB for 2020.
I am also very curious how Albon will do it here. Unfortunately, he arrived in Singapore for the very first time yesterday.
So he has never raced there either. He has absolutely no experience on this circuit where every little mistake is punished.
And as you say, it's only the third race with this team / RB15. :(

SF Engineer
11
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:10 pm

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

Post by SF Engineer » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:59 am

Wouter wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:43 am
SF Engineer wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:31 am
I’m interested to see how Albon can get on here in his 3rd race with the team. I like what I have seen from him thus far and hope to see him finish ahead of Bottas and Vettel. I think if he can manage that it’ll go a long way toward him staying in the RB for 2020.
I am also very curious how Albon will do it here. Unfortunately, he arrived in Singapore for the very first time yesterday.
So he has never raced there either. He has absolutely no experience on this circuit where every little mistake is punished.
And as you say, it's only the third race with this team / RB15. :(
I agree with you that there are many reasons for him not being able to quite get there (as was the case with Pierre), but ultimately the supremely talented drivers are the ones who can get up to speed very quickly.

I have been impressed with how Albon has approached race weekends since him big shunt in China (? Perhaps it was Malaysia, I forget). He seems to use FP1 to settle in and then work on long run and short run pace thereafter - with little set-up work. This is a mature way of going about things in your first year (and as a #2 in general), but not all drivers are able to hold themselves to this. I think this should help him get there or thereabouts in quali, and improve through the race.

Anyway, with the fear of sounding repetitive, I think that from the RB brass perspective, results in these sorts of weekends will show if he is a true first their talent (and someone they want to keep long term) or an average level F1 driver (still very talented) who they will only use as a stop gap until next year.

For the same reason I believe they will dump Gasly as soon as a younger driver is ready, but that’s a different topic all together...

Wouter
165
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:02 pm

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

Post by Wouter » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:16 am

SF Engineer wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:59 am
Wouter wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:43 am
SF Engineer wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:31 am
I’m interested to see how Albon can get on here in his 3rd race with the team. I like what I have seen from him thus far and hope to see him finish ahead of Bottas and Vettel. I think if he can manage that it’ll go a long way toward him staying in the RB for 2020.
I am also very curious how Albon will do it here. Unfortunately, he arrived in Singapore for the very first time yesterday.
So he has never raced there either. He has absolutely no experience on this circuit where every little mistake is punished.
And as you say, it's only the third race with this team / RB15. :(
I agree with you that there are many reasons for him not being able to quite get there (as was the case with Pierre), but ultimately the supremely talented drivers are the ones who can get up to speed very quickly.

I have been impressed with how Albon has approached race weekends since him big shunt in China (? Perhaps it was Malaysia, I forget). He seems to use FP1 to settle in and then work on long run and short run pace thereafter - with little set-up work. This is a mature way of going about things in your first year (and as a #2 in general), but not all drivers are able to hold themselves to this. I think this should help him get there or thereabouts in quali, and improve through the race.
I agree to that. I think he is a good driver and a fast learner.
I am very impressed with his riding style and I also find him a very sympathetic, modest, polite and honest person
with a lot of charisma.
I hope he has a good weekend and brings the car all the way to the finish (another can also hit him :( ).

Big Tea
60
User avatar
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:57 pm

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

Post by Big Tea » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:15 am

I think Albon has grasped the fact that RBR (Read Marco for that) wants an attack driver as they get TV coverage.
He takes every opportunity to attack, once he is sensibly established in the race. There is not point doing Kamikaze dives on the first couple of laps as there are lots of distractions for the director, but when the field is settled he 'does his job' waving at the camera, even if some of it is missed.

I think he fits in well with the team and the 'Max mode' that seems to prevail there. Even a better driver may not displace him as long as he does not completely bomb through overdoing it.
One test is worth a thousand expert opinions

SF Engineer
11
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:10 pm

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

Post by SF Engineer » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:27 am

Big Tea wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:15 am
I think Albon has grasped the fact that RBR (Read Marco for that) wants an attack driver as they get TV coverage.
He takes every opportunity to attack, once he is sensibly established in the race. There is not point doing Kamikaze dives on the first couple of laps as there are lots of distractions for the director, but when the field is settled he 'does his job' waving at the camera, even if some of it is missed.

I think he fits in well with the team and the 'Max mode' that seems to prevail there. Even a better driver may not displace him as long as he does not completely bomb through overdoing it.
That is an interesting theory, I hadn’t thought of that. To be honest I think it would be very rare that a driver is aware of the cameras during the race, but you may be right. If it’s the case it’d be interesting and Albon should perhaps go into politics after he is finished with F1 :lol:

Sieper
63
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:19 pm

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

Post by Sieper » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:39 am

mmmhh, I do not really agree. That seems like talking down on RBR, they are a serious team that can win and hopefully are building towards that again with Honda. Albon is just a competent racecraft driver, that is why you saw the beautiful overtake on Ricciardo @ Spa and the (overly?) harshly defended attempt by Sainz in Monza.