2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Marti_EF3

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

https://mobile.twitter.com/AlbertFabreg ... 0386949120

Seems it won't be a penalty =D>

"According to data that is handled, Max was slower in a mini-sector (without sector) where there was a yellow flag and therefore there is no open investigation. If it is a yellow flag the system does not open investigation. If it was double it should be sanctioned. The marshalling system was not yellow"

Hino

Max's Q3 Last Lap Mini Sectors Mexico GP 2019

Sieper

Max, GP and team need to talk, this can’t happen again.

It was a good pole, on merit. But again the shine is taken away by something half out of his control, Yes, but should be handled better.

Marti_EF3

Sieper wrote:
26 Oct 2019, 22:32

It was a good pole, on merit. But again the shine is taken away by something half out of his control, Yes, but should be handled better.
His 1st lap was P1 anyway. So nothing to take away. RBR was better here

gokarter

<Red car? Off topic>

Bill

I don't get why Mercedes performed poorly they are the team who have been good in slow corners throughout the season so they have good mechanical grip while Rbr have been struggling with balance issues.they is also alleged issues of drag but according to Toto in extreme case the difference between car with maximum drag and low drag is only 2 tenth so Mercedes so be in the fight for pole ,high rake cars are draggy too. It seems thin air takes downforce from cars so drivers can make difference when you remove aid i.e.car is not on "rails "

Sieper

Marti_EF3 wrote:
26 Oct 2019, 22:35
Sieper wrote:

I am not talking about the performance, Max was super, but about not making sure the second Q3 lap got aborted (like it should have, like he should have).

Now it seems his answer in the press conference is going to make the Difference. That will Hopefully drive it home.

Sieper

Bill wrote:
26 Oct 2019, 22:46
I don't get why Mercedes performed poorly they are the team who have been good in slow corners throughout the season so they have good mechanical grip while Rbr have been struggling with balance issues.they is also alleged issues of drag but according to Toto in extreme case the difference between car with maximum drag and low drag is only 2 tenth so Mercedes so be in the fight for pole ,high rake cars are draggy too. It seems thin air takes downforce from cars so drivers can make difference when you remove aid i.e.car is not on "rails "
Ho pin Tung explained it on ziggo NL during FP2. Mercedes have the most efficient engine, and that allows for a big turbo to be used. (So that Goes contrary to what I believed prior) big turbo’s suffer the most at height. ho-pin is well informed.

McMika98

Bill wrote:
Nah. Merc engines need more cooling and don't like high altitude. Sector 1 times for Merc were slower than Redbull consistently.

Also Hamilton has his mind on saving the evironment.

Jaisonas

Aaaand he's summoned to the stewards

Marti_EF3

McMika98 wrote:
26 Oct 2019, 22:53
Bill wrote:
Nah. Merc engines need more cooling and don't like high altitude. Sector 1 times for Merc were slower than Redbull consistently.

Also Hamilton has his mind on saving the evironment.
That’s right, the 2019 Merc always suffer when a track is cooling demandant. It seems that they aero concept suffers more when opening the car for cooling

Marti_EF3

Sieper wrote:
26 Oct 2019, 22:48
Marti_EF3 wrote:
26 Oct 2019, 22:35
Sieper wrote:

I am not talking about the performance, Max was super, but about not making sure the second Q3 lap got aborted (like it should have, like he should have).

Now it seems his answer in the press conference is going to make the Difference. That will Hopefully drive it home.
I don't think he will get a penalty. But in FIA you can't trust

Juzh

verstappen's pole lap with telemetry

https://streamable.com/7j4ie

vs vettels aborted lap.
https://streamable.com/ggaqd

red bull has insane turn in in low-medium speed turns 1,2 and 3. verstappen regains all loses on the straight trough that section, then nails final sector to perfection.

Jaisonas

Damn they almost did make it to 350kph

nzjrs

Looking at that comparison, they also gain under braking and early turn in phase after both long straights.