2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wouter

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

Jos said last Monday that he could imagine that Max sometimes blurted things out, but that he has to learn that it would be better to answer a question with: "I don't know." or "I don't remember, I have to take a good look first. " etc.
Then Jos said very convincingly that Max will certainly learn how to do it that way. He said that twice. :D
The Power of Dreams!

Capharol

Alex Albon favourite to land Red Bull F1 2020 drive, it's 'his seat to lose'

Albon, in his F1 rookie campaign, replaced the struggling Pierre Gasly in August, with the Frenchman swapping back to junior team Toro Rosso, and has since finished in the top six in all seven of his races
https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433 ... at-to-lose
that is what some seems to forget, Albon stepped in mid-season in his Rookie year from TR to RB

Wouter

Join us at MK7 for an evening with Team Principal Christian Horner and David Coulthard.
Wed, 4 Dec 2019 19:00 - 22:00 GMT

Join us for an evening of anecdotes from the Formula One paddock with our Team Principal Christian Horner, compered by former F1 driver and TV presenter, David Coulthard.

Proceeds from ticket sales will be donated to the Team’s official charity ‘Wings for Life’

David will delve deep and unearth Christian’s behind the scenes insight into the 2019 F1 season, the Team’s drivers Max Verstappen and Alex Albon, plus his hopes for the future of the sport. Christian and David have shared over a decade in Formula One and have an abundance of fascinating stories to share with the audience.

A question and answer session will conclude the evening, giving you the chance to ask Christian and David any question you desire, within reason…
More information:

https://redbullracing.redbull.com/artic ... k7-evening
The Power of Dreams!

dans79

langedweil wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 03:42
Serously ?
Ramifications would be too big; even Ferarri understands that in a courtcase this would get ugly and expose a lot more than they would like from IP point of view. Even if they'd win they'd loose a lot more ...
Ferrai would't loose any IP in a Defamation/slander lawsuit. It's a civil trial, and the defendant (Max/RBR) would have to prove Max's statements are correct with what was publicly known at the time of the comments. The defendants can't get the courts to help/allow them to dig for proof, they have to already have it.

As it stands today, no one has any proof that Ferrari did anything wrong, if they did the entire world would know by now. Hence the reason we see stuff like the article i linked to talking about Binotto/Ferrari saying they are prepared for legal action. The only type of legal action they could take is a Defamation/slander lawsuit.

langedweil wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 03:42
Its a weird mechanism these days that you're supposed to swallow your words before you even think of them.
Nah, whats weird is that people think they can say whatever they want and just get away with it. IMO,this is probably because a lot of younger people have grown up with the internet, and are use to being able to say whatever they want because the internet provides them a great deal of anonymity.
197 104 103 7

Sieper

Well, to be fair, he only ever said it in dutch for a local station and immediately post race when heartbeats were still high in the penn. later, at sky etc he used much more carefull words. Jos Verstappen already said (twice) in an Monday night ziggo "pep-talk" (weekly sports talk show) that after every race face times with either Jos or Max that MAx would not be using those words again.

I think he was just venting frustration, not so much trying to lash out at Ferrari. It happened but it was not a full blown attack, it was in dutch for local audience.

Big Tea

I think what Max really needs to get his head around is that he does not have to finish first in every race.
Is this a spillover from the generation raised on computer games? win and look good at all costs?
There is no 'hit F3 for restart' in real life and the only stats displayed that really,really matter are those for total at the season end, and to get those up it is imperative to complete as many races as possible without indecent, as the planned strategy goes out the window once you have to pit for new nose.

I have not looked at the actual possible results had he done clean races all year, but I think he could easily be clear 3 rd probably chasing second. (NB. clean as in not involved in fracas, not saying 'dirty driving')
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

LM10

Sieper wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 17:17
Well, to be fair, he only ever said it in dutch for a local station and immediately post race when heartbeats were still high in the penn. later, at sky etc he used much more carefull words. Jos Verstappen already said (twice) in an Monday night ziggo "pep-talk" (weekly sports talk show) that after every race face times with either Jos or Max that MAx would not be using those words again.

I think he was just venting frustration, not so much trying to lash out at Ferrari. It happened but it was not a full blown attack, it was in dutch for local audience.
Accusing someone of cheating doesn't turn harmless because you do it in another language. Being frustrated isn't an excuse either.

Max didn't do himself a favor so, if any, it's gonna be him who'll get the most damage out of this story. If there was any chance for him to go to Ferrari anytime in future, this chance can be buried now.

diffuser

Capharol wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 12:32
diffuser wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 12:09
Capharol wrote:
07 Nov 2019, 18:47
Disagree. The only thing that matters is he had contact that he could have avoided. He gets paid to drive AROUND cars, not through them. He actually got lucky cause on other occasions, he's been DNF'd by similar collisions. At the end of the day if Max would have lost the championships by 4 points or if RBR would have lost a position in the Constructors because of the loss of points. It would all have been on Max. Max can't control what other drivers do. Only what he does. Ocon had nothing too loose. You can blame Ocon all you want but he's laughing and Max is crying at that point. Whenever you have contact, everyone involved is a looser. Your car is NEVER faster afterwards. Avoidance is proof of maturity of a driver.

Like I said. If he doesn't learn avoidance, he'll have to get really lucky or have a huge edge in car speed. If all the years he will have a chance at winning the championship, the points are close. He'll never be a champion if he doesn't learn avoidance.
I think we all here know how you think about Max, so I will not take your disagreement for serious.... like it or not

Really , Let see if you really know. What do I think of Max? What have actually I written in this forum?

diffuser

Big Tea wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 17:31
I think what Max really needs to get his head around is that he does not have to finish first in every race.
Is this a spillover from the generation raised on computer games? win and look good at all costs?
There is no 'hit F3 for restart' in real life and the only stats displayed that really,really matter are those for total at the season end, and to get those up it is imperative to complete as many races as possible without indecent, as the planned strategy goes out the window once you have to pit for new nose.

I have not looked at the actual possible results had he done clean races all year, but I think he could easily be clear 3 rd probably chasing second. (NB. clean as in not involved in fracas, not saying 'dirty driving')
EXACTLY, the race is to the end of the season!

godlameroso

Big Tea wrote:

I don't think that is valid criticism because Verstappen has maximized every opportunity given to him this season, more so than either of his team mates. The only thing left to fight for is beating Ferrari, as Mercedes already wrapped up both chips. He has a very real chance of beating both Ferrari drivers, and Verstappen wouldn't be this close if he hadn't just gotten on with the job.
Saishū kōnā

izzy

Big Tea wrote:
Is this a spillover from the generation raised on computer games?
lol this is not a generation thing :D Lando is the same generation

Hino

RED BULL HONDA USING MERCEDES INTEL?
According to Red Bull consultant Helmut Marko (76) his team used research largely collected by Mercedes. Dr. Marko to F1-Insider.com: “Mercedes had researched this area, but we had the courage to hand in an official request to the FIA.”
https://f1-insider.com/en/formula1/red- ... des-intel/

dans79

Hino wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 19:16
RED BULL HONDA USING MERCEDES INTEL?
According to Red Bull consultant Helmut Marko (76) his team used research largely collected by Mercedes. Dr. Marko to F1-Insider.com: “Mercedes had researched this area, but we had the courage to hand in an official request to the FIA.”
https://f1-insider.com/en/formula1/red- ... des-intel/
That sounds fishy, how exactly would RBR get Mercedes research data!
197 104 103 7

rogazilla

That's not how I read that sentence. Mercedes had researched it but did not send in an official request. RBR Honda probably did the same research and logged the official request. It does not mean RBR has the research from Mercedes.

It would make sense because Toto mentioned that they know what Ferrari is doing and will implement as soon as they can in a previous article? That may have prompted Marko to realize that Mercedes has come to the same conclusion.

Capharol

rogazilla wrote:
08 Nov 2019, 19:39
That's not how I read that sentence. Mercedes had researched it but did not send in an official request. RBR Honda probably did the same research and logged the official request. It does not mean RBR has the research from Mercedes.

It would make sense because Toto mentioned that they know what Ferrari is doing and will implement as soon as they can in a previous article? That may have prompted Marko to realize that Mercedes has come to the same conclusion.
pls don't break the illusion from some users that RB is "fishy" :wink: 8)