2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
HPD

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

Made in "Google Translation" :-#
Pierre Wache:
"The trouble on the second day seems to have been damaged by external shocks, as the detailed cause has not been investigated yet, we must firmly identify the cause and take countermeasures from now on."
"We do attacks assuming qualifying, but it's just to see the reaction of the tires.It is not a run that aims for the fastest time seriously, it's a run with fuel loaded (not an empty tank)."

Honda tested eight days, both Red Bull and Toro Rosso had no big trouble and ran a huge distance. In particular, Toro Rosso traveled for one week with a power unit for two weeks and ran a distance of about 5 race weekends. It can be seen that reliability has been sufficiently secured.

Tanabe:
"Almost 100% of what I have to do is surely there is a problem running out of the test, so please fix downwards and make an image of about 80% of the image. There is an item to do a bench test and update it (how to use it) "

"I do not know how close we are to Ferrari and Mercedes AMG, but clearly better than Renault at least, the fastest growth is the strength we never had before, none of the fastest and superior Because it is! "

Although it does not deny the expectation that "It may not reach Ferrari as the whole machine package", "It is not in a place that can not reach"

"I do not know the clear position yet, but I am not in a place where I can not catch up with anything anyhow, but I can not be happy with that."

"Because Honda is going to race, we are doing it for winning, we always have it in our hearts and fighting" (Tanabe Technical Director)

Marti_EF3

HPD wrote:
07 Mar 2019, 19:34
Pierre Wache:
"The trouble on the second day seems to have been damaged by external shocks, as the detailed cause has not been investigated yet, we must firmly identify the cause and take countermeasures from now on."
"We do attacks assuming qualifying, but it's just to see the reaction of the tires.It is not a run that aims for the fastest time seriously, it's a run with fuel loaded (not an empty tank)."

Honda tested eight days, both Red Bull and Toro Rosso had no big trouble and ran a huge distance. In particular, Toro Rosso traveled for one week with a power unit for two weeks and ran a distance of about 5 race weekends. It can be seen that reliability has been sufficiently secured.

Tanabe:
"Almost 100% of what I have to do is surely there is a problem running out of the test, so please fix downwards and make an image of about 80% of the image. There is an item to do a bench test and update it (how to use it) "

"I do not know how close we are to Ferrari and Mercedes AMG, but clearly better than Renault at least, the fastest growth is the strength we never had before, none of the fastest and superior Because it is! "

Although it does not deny the expectation that "It may not reach Ferrari as the whole machine package", "It is not in a place that can not reach"

"I do not know the clear position yet, but I am not in a place where I can not catch up with anything anyhow, but I can not be happy with that."

"Because Honda is going to race, we are doing it for winning, we always have it in our hearts and fighting" (Tanabe Technical Director)
What "second day" is talking about? When Max had to abort the race sim due a gearbox issue??

And, I never expected Tanabe to say they are ahead of Renault. I hope it's true and we can see the RB15 on the fight :D

HPD

Marti_EF3 wrote:
08 Mar 2019, 09:22
What "second day" is talking about? When Max had to abort the race sim due a gearbox issue??

And, I never expected Tanabe to say they are ahead of Renault. I hope it's true and we can see the RB15 on the fight :D
Yes, Max career.
We have to control with a better translation. But it's hard to believe that Tanabe said that.
Last edited by HPD on 08 Mar 2019, 15:44, edited 1 time in total.

Godius

Dr. Marko is not amused by Gasly's crashes, he stated that it is not yet sure if they are able to run the complete upgrade package in Melbourne. It will be a challenge to manufacture and ship them in time for the GP weekend for both cars. Largely due to lack of information gathering about the new package and the crashes that damaged all of the upgrades.

motorsport-magazin (german): Formel 1, Wegen Crashs: Red Bull zittert in Melbourne um Update

Datco

Godius wrote:
08 Mar 2019, 13:41
Dr. Marko is not amused by Gasly's crashes, he stated that it is not yet sure if they are able to run the complete upgrade package in Melbourne. It will be a challenge to manufacture and ship them in time for the GP weekend for both cars. Largely due to lack of information gathering about the new package and the crashes that damaged all of the upgrades.

motorsport-magazin (german): Formel 1, Wegen Crashs: Red Bull zittert in Melbourne um Update
Well they essentially lost almost two days of testing. They may as well arrived late like Williams to put it into perspective. So it is a massive setback compared to their competitors. I would have expected more rage from Marko by now, he seems restraint.

dren

Godius wrote:
08 Mar 2019, 13:41

Give the parts to Max and let Gasly run the incomplete package.
Honda!

dxpetrov

HPD wrote:
08 Mar 2019, 12:44
Marti_EF3 wrote:

Yes, Max's career.
We have to control with a better translation. But it's hard to believe that Tanabe said that.
Is this also a google translation?!! :wtf:

Snorked

Marti_EF3 wrote:
HPD wrote:
07 Mar 2019, 19:34
Pierre Wache:

Tanabe:

Tanabe seems to be talking about the whole package not just the engine here? So, it's not hard to believe he said this as just about everybody from their testing analysis put Red Bull in front of Renault.

Worrying that Red Bull had gear box issues on the test bench, I hope there're no issues in the opening races.

Datco

More realistic time line on expectations from Horner.

"Rome wasn’t built in a day, so while we’re expecting to make progress throughout the year, the target is very much looking at this as a two to three-year project."

http://f1i.com/news/332103-red-bull-emb ... siasm.html

etusch

We have party mode and hope we can surprise everyone
https://tr.motorsport.com/f1/news/verst ... z/4349208/

Wouter

etusch wrote:
08 Mar 2019, 20:29
Thank you @Etusch.
It's from Olav Mol [Dutch presenter], who interviewed Max after the test days. Tonight on Dutch TV.

Max: "I am realistic and optimistic, but at the moment it is just very difficult to say whether I can become world champion.
Look, if last year the first six races were different, then we could have just become second in the championship.
It depends on so many things. Then you thought about the beginning of the year that Ferrari would become world champion,
but that team was completely gone. A lot can happen during the course of a season. "

'I hope we can surprise on Saturday in Melbourne. We have a party mode and we know that it works.
Did I try it already? That has not been necessary. He does it and that's important '

"We have lost many points over the years because we made too few kilometers during the test days.
Then you found out during the races that certain things broke down. Not only in the motor area, but also in our chassis.
We have run a lot of rounds this year, so we do not have to be afraid of that now. "
The Power of Dreams!

HPD

etusch wrote:
I'm sure it will surprise even Honda fans :lol:

Wouter

HPD wrote:
08 Mar 2019, 20:55
etusch wrote:
No, because we knew that already in 2018. :lol:
The Power of Dreams!

roon

HPD wrote:
08 Mar 2019, 20:55
etusch wrote:
Surprise party mode. This an improvement over previous power units' surprise funeral mode.

Brake Horse Power

A clever marketing team would call it Red Bull Energy mode...