2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wass85

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

Just_a_fan wrote:
15 Nov 2019, 00:00
Wass85 wrote:
14 Nov 2019, 18:22
Max is the fastest driver in F1 IMO and arguably the best. Lightning fast on a Saturday and just as quick on a Sunday.
The best know when NOT to fight. He might be fast / the fastest but he won't be the best until he learns when to back off rather than go all in.
Like I said that's easier to do when you have the fastest car. Lewis made plenty of mistakes when he drove for McLaren and now look at him. Max will iron those out when he has the right machinery IMO. He has the speed and ability to dominate the sport given the car.
Last edited by Wass85 on 15 Nov 2019, 00:10, edited 1 time in total.

dans79

Just_a_fan wrote:
The best know when NOT to fight. He might be fast / the fastest but he won't be the best until he learns when to back off rather than go all in.
As the saying goes, "discretion is the better part of valor"!

Edit: several Sun Tzu proclamations are also very relevant in this case!
197 104 103 7

godlameroso

Like knowing yourself and your enemy and you need not fear the outcome of 1,000 battles.
Saishū kōnā

GPR-A

Wass85 wrote:
15 Nov 2019, 00:03
Just_a_fan wrote:
Wass85 wrote:
14 Nov 2019, 18:22
Max is the fastest driver in F1 IMO and arguably the best. Lightning fast on a Saturday and just as quick on a Sunday.
Like I said that's easier to do when you have the fastest car. Lewis made plenty of mistakes when he drove for McLaren and now look at him. Max will iron those out when he has the right machinery IMO. He has the speed and ability to dominate the sport given the car.
Even palmer could do that if the Machinery is miles ahead. Alonso has showed the world how to be the best driver of his generation while driving sub par cars for most part of his career.

When the car is good, people easily dismiss the driver like they do with Vettel and Hamilton. You can only be BEST when you do wonders with less than capable cars. Max has that opportunity and he is throwing it away.

ispano6

Bill wrote:
14 Nov 2019, 18:15
Which team in the top three does Redbull have advantages over in the corners. These is just myth that Redbull always build the best chassis even when it's pretty clear to everyone watching that the car is unstable at the rear in high speed corners.Redbull got pole in Mexico because they were quicker than merc on the straights by 0.2 and the corners were predominantly mid high speed corners their strength.

Redbull was 1 second slower than Mercedes in Barcelona how do you come up with these stuff of corner strength.Pretty much all Max errors are made at the start of a race so that were he needs to fix.
Shortest wheelbase and Max's statements about where he can make up time.

Wass85

GPR -A wrote:
15 Nov 2019, 03:58
Wass85 wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:

Even palmer could do that if the Machinery is miles ahead. Alonso has showed the world how to be the best driver of his generation while driving sub par cars for most part of his career.

When the car is good, people easily dismiss the driver like they do with Vettel and Hamilton. You can only be BEST when you do wonders with less than capable cars. Max has that opportunity and he is throwing it away.
Remind me again how many championships did Alonso win with sub cars?

Max is throwing nothing away, you will see how good he is when he has a car capable of winning the title.

Bill

Success in f1 not measured by just championships.number of points scored count too.Alonso won in 2005 when mclaren was clearly the fastest car. And in 2006 Ferrari was quicker plus the mass damper thing set Renault back.

LM10

Wass85 wrote:
15 Nov 2019, 07:44
GPR -A wrote:
Wass85 wrote:

Max is throwing nothing away, you will see how good he is when he has a car capable of winning the title.
If Max drives the best car and wins the championship the only thing we will know about him will be that he’s better than his team mate.
I know you’re a Bottas fan, but I must say that even Bottas would have been champion this season, if there had not been Hamilton. Simple proof: He secured at least second place already 4 races before end.

Wass85

LM10 wrote:
15 Nov 2019, 09:13
Wass85 wrote:
GPR -A wrote:

If Max drives the best car and wins the championship the only thing we will know about him will be that he’s better than his team mate.
I know you’re a Bottas fan, but I must say that even Bottas would have been champion this season, if there had not been Hamilton. Simple proof: He secured at least second place already 4 races before end.
Well that's all we know on Hamilton then yeah? He only has to beat Bottas remember.

To say how long Max has been driving single seater his career has been astonishing.

GPR-A

Wass85 wrote:
GPR -A wrote:
Wass85 wrote:

I already said. People like you have two nice positions to take. If a driver is winning championships, then "It's Car!" and if the driver isn't winning, but has put up championship campaigns where though he didn't win the championship, but was chosen team principal's driver for so many season, you say, "Oh how many championships did he win?". I know that is how it works as the qualitative analysis doesn't make sense to you. The day Max wins the championship, I will use your stuff. "Oh it's just car" as anyone could win in that car. So that puts people like you in perspective.

But remind me again, how many championships has Max won, for which you think he is "Good", "Best" and all?

Juzh

Looking at last year's car and how it behaved around interlagos, it was just a beast. Insane balance and incredible turn in at pretty much all speeds. No wonder verstappen was able to destroy everyone during the race. It'll be interesting to see if this year's car can get anywhere close to this. While it's definitely a very fast car, it has a tendency to be twitchy at times in low-medium speed corners, unlike last year. Honda engine though is on a different level compared to renault, so straight line speed is another thing to look at for.

verstappen q3 lap brazil 2018 1.07.778 - sound is messed up, this was the first race in which f1tv video stream was actually working fine
https://streamable.com/0lnnn

Singapore2008

can you please stop arguing who is best? Or take it outside, beat the crap out of each other and the winner is right? That makes just as much sense as this...

LM10

Juzh wrote:
15 Nov 2019, 12:59
Looking at last year's car and how it behaved around interlagos, it was just a beast. Insane balance and incredible turn in at pretty much all speeds. No wonder verstappen was able to destroy everyone during the race. It'll be interesting to see if this year's car can get anywhere close to this. While it's definitely a very fast car, it has a tendency to be twitchy at times in low-medium speed corners, unlike last year. Honda engine though is on a different level compared to renault, so straight line speed is another thing to look at for.

verstappen q3 lap brazil 2018 1.07.778 - sound is messed up, this was the first race in which f1tv video stream was actually working fine
I've not yet thanked you for all your hard work with these videos. It's like a special feature here. So, thank you and keep it going please!

Wouter

GPR -A wrote:
15 Nov 2019, 14:15
SO for as long as he doesn't win, you have no case arguing Max is "Best" and other drivers are crap, despite having multiple championships OR just own up that you are just trolling because that's what you do the best.

Can you please stop now?! This is going in circles. Send a PM when you will discus further please.
The Power of Dreams!

Wass85

Max will be hard to beat this weekend, is it just me that thinks the Red Bull sounds the best car on the grid.