2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
TNTHead

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

Very cool to see Albon finally mixing with the front runners, and very well done by Gasly to benefit from the incidents. This was a good show with drama, action, multiple on track overtakes...

Did we see a glimpse of a coming era of domination by RB again (I know it's too early)? At least a very sweet victory indeed.

On a side note: not interested in Gasly Albon comparisons, it is what it is; both highly talented guys with Albon at RBR in 2020 and Gasly at TR. Period.

auv
auv

TNTHead wrote:
17 Nov 2019, 22:11
Very cool to see Albon finally mixing with the front runners, and very well done by Gasly to benefit from the incidents. This was a good show with drama, action, multiple on track overtakes...

Did we see a glimpse of a coming era of domination by RB again (I know it's too early)? At least a very sweet victory indeed.

On a side note: not interested in Gasly Albon comparisons, it is what it is; both highly talented guys with Albon at RBR in 2020 and Gasly at TR. Period.
If this race happened in the dawn of season, i would call it a domination. But while RBR have enough fresh engines, guyz at Mercedes are trying to complete "3 PU per year" mission.
And agreed on Albon. He is good enough. Enough for №2 driver, just like Bottas analog.

Marti_EF3

diffuser wrote:
17 Nov 2019, 22:08
For what it's worth Sainz will be tied for 6th with Gasly, Albon 11 points back. He has a real chance to take 6th with the new PU in the back.
Doesn't matter anyway. Bad luck, good luck in some races. We'll see last race.

Big Tea

Still a huge improvement on this last few years. Step by step moving forward every time
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

godlameroso

McMika98 wrote:
17 Nov 2019, 21:39
https://streamable.com/t6v46

Hamilton playing bumper cars. If anyone else did this, they would get slaughtered. The sky crew even had the nerves to blame Albon saying he left the door open. Wtf.
Wow, Hamilton is incredibly lucky to have gotten away with that one. It is a racing incident. Both were fighting for the corner, and Albon tried to make the apex. Hamilton also went a little wide so the collision was inevitable, neither driver gave an inch and it was a hard fought move, probably on the edge of legality. I'm guessing the reason neither destroyed a suspension is because they were going in a very slow corner, whereas the two Ferrari drivers collided going a fair bit faster.
Saishū kōnā

diffuser

Marti_EF3 wrote:
17 Nov 2019, 22:37
diffuser wrote:
17 Nov 2019, 22:08
For what it's worth Sainz will be tied for 6th with Gasly, Albon 11 points back. He has a real chance to take 6th with the new PU in the back.
Doesn't matter anyway. Bad luck, good luck in some races. We'll see last race.
Sorry wrong forum.

Marti_EF3

Big Tea wrote:
17 Nov 2019, 22:50
Still a huge improvement on this last few years. Step by step moving forward every time
Today I'd say deserved, but not earned. Sorry, but Albon should have been there... I'm so disappointed :(

McMika98

godlameroso wrote:
17 Nov 2019, 23:34

Wow, Hamilton is incredibly lucky to have gotten away with that one. It is a racing incident. Both were fighting for the corner, and Albon tried to make the apex. Hamilton also went a little wide so the collision was inevitable, neither driver gave an inch and it was a hard fought move, probably on the edge of legality. I'm guessing the reason neither destroyed a suspension is because they were going in a very slow corner, whereas the two Ferrari drivers collided going a fair bit faster.
He got a penalty now and is at 7th giving the podium to Sainz. Hamilton was never in a position to overtake, he never was alongside Albon and his front wheel touched Alexs rear. He was desperate as the Honda power was enough to cover drs move up the hill and in sector 1.

101FlyingDutchman

No DRS wasn’t available after the restart. Equal drag up the hill. Otherwise you would have not seen Gasly being able to hold the Merc behind

godlameroso

auv wrote:
17 Nov 2019, 22:25
TNTHead wrote:
17 Nov 2019, 22:11

If this race happened in the dawn of season, i would call it a domination. But while RBR have enough fresh engines, guyz at Mercedes are trying to complete "3 PU per year" mission.
And agreed on Albon. He is good enough. Enough for №2 driver, just like Bottas analog.
An engine went pop in a race, goes to show how hard it is to do 3 engines per season and be competitive. I think next season it will be so close that everyone is going to have to take a strategic penalty at one point or another in order to remain competitive. Next year will be so close that those first flyaway races will really set the tone of the season, if any one team dominates those early races they'll be sitting very pretty regardless of what happens later on in the season. This will pay off massively because they'll be able to switch focus to 2021 that much sooner.

Next year I see as a continuation of what we have had in the second half of 2019, races being decided by the slimmest of margins. Today Red Bull and Verstappen won because they did everything perfectly, they made less errors and had the most complete package. Verstappen finally got vindication for Hungary, where he feels he could have won it, and he did it by passing Hamilton on track.

Red Bull did everything right today, they had the pace, they had the pitstops, they had the strategy, and they had the driver to pull it off, along with the car and engine. It was a hard fought win despite the gap Verstappen maintained over Hamilton, and any little set back could have changed the outcome of the race massively. All this shows is that RB and Honda can be on equal terms with the others. Imagine next year playing out as the second half of this year has, with one team winning, then another then another, with the momentum shifting throughout the year. All races hotly contested where no one team is dominant.
Saishū kōnā

Sieper

Yes, but for that the whole RBR package needs just a tad more. They still drive with a much shallower rearwing. (Ok rake partially negates that) Now they need an almost perfect race. You can,t have that year round.

Especially If Mercedes keeps using the B team shenanigans. Last year Ocon and now Williams, WTF.

Marti_EF3

Sieper wrote:
18 Nov 2019, 00:48
Yes, but for that the whole RBR package needs just a tad more. They still drive with a much shallower rearwing. (Ok rake partially negates that) Now they need an almost perfect race. You can,t have that year round.

Especially If Mercedes keeps using the B team shenanigans. Last year Ocon and now Williams, WTF.
Yeah, I said the same when I saw it. Williams did that unsafe relase intentionally to help Mercedes. They don't lose anything to stay 2s more on the pit to let pass the leader. But they decided to be dirty and help their partners blocking Max. That's unacceptable. They need to recieve a fine, not an irrelevant 5s penalty...

LM10

Marti_EF3 wrote:
18 Nov 2019, 01:40
Sieper wrote:

Yeah, I said the same when I saw it. Williams did that unsafe relase intentionally to help Mercedes. They don't lose anything to stay 2s more on the pit to let pass the leader. But they decided to be dirty and help their partners blocking Max. That's unacceptable. They need to recieve a fine, not an irrelevant 5s penalty...
Good luck proving they have done it intentionally.

Teletha Testarossa

Marti_EF3 wrote:
18 Nov 2019, 01:40
Sieper wrote:

LOL Williams are so incompetent they are lucky if they can fit all wheels on correctly. That wasn't on purpose.
"Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence"

Bill

They do have one of the best pit stop though