2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ispano6

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

Sieper wrote:
22 Nov 2019, 16:35
Bill wrote:
22 Nov 2019, 09:06
Guys you trying so hard to Albon to sell as something special but really he is not he threw away an easy podium position in Brazil.he left the door open for Hamilton to exploit whose he realized his mistakes he tried to shut it and an inevitable collision happened.he didn't match Max in qualifying in Suzuka Max had issues with the car since then he had never really reproduce those results at other tracks average 0.5 slower .

The same can be said about Redbull they talk about how articulate he is and how his input has been useful to engineers contrast to Gasly when he wanted the team to take note of his car development insight he was ridiculed for wanting Newey to build a car for him.so he was told just use Max setup.

The reason why Redbull tolerate Albon is probably is that he is laid back he doesn't ruffle furthers like now we can fight Gasly.they just want a submissive no 2
In Japan Max was in a too low power mode during qualy. In fact an even lower power mode was used than during FP2. This apparently was not a necessity but a set-up mistake. I have heard Max explain that in an Ziggo NL interview and I think it was also confirmed by RBR around that time.
He had full power in Q3. Fact check people.

https://formulaspy.com/f1/verstappen-ru ... ying-65307
Max Verstappen was disappointed
Despite looking like candidates for better starting positions, Red Bull Racing will lockout the third row of the grid for the Japanese Grand Prix, with Verstappen leading Alex Albon.

It was a problematic session for the Dutchman, who suffered from energy recovery system issues during the second part of qualifying.

However, the problems were resolved in time for Q3, and Verstappen was able to complete a ‘normal’ session, but he believed that his qualifying efforts were hampered by the amount of downforce being applied via the car’s setup.

“Qualifying wasn’t amazing and P5 is not what we hoped for, so I’m happy that we have the race straight away now to try and make a good result out of it,” said Verstappen.

“I had a problem with the boost energy in Q2 but that was all fine in Q3. I think maybe we were not aggressive enough and it wasn’t ideal not having a slipstream down the straights as we are running so much downforce.

“It’s very windy out there, especially in the second sector and on the main straight but that was the same for everyone so there is nothing to complain about. I’m a bit disappointed now but I have confidence that the race can be much better so that is the focus.”

Team-mate Albon enjoyed one of his best Red Bull qualifying performances yet after setting a perfectly identical time to Verstappen to line up in sixth.

Albon only starts behind his team-mate due to setting his lap time after Vertappen, but he was nevertheless buoyed by his own improved performance.

“It was a cleaner run in qualifying for me this time so I’m happy with that,” said Albon.

“I don’t know where the time from the cars in the top four came from, they seem to have made a step but personally speaking, I’m happy. It’s a nightmare losing yesterday’s track action and the conditions today with the wind aren’t ideal.

“The car is completely different but it’s the same for everyone. You could see the changing wind in Q1 and it was like that every lap so it was sketchy stuff, but that’s the way it is.”

El Scorchio

Sieper wrote:
Bill wrote:
Guys you trying so hard to Albon to sell as something special but really he is not he threw away an easy podium position in Brazil.he left the door open for Hamilton to exploit whose he realized his mistakes he tried to shut it and an inevitable collision happened.he didn't match Max in qualifying in Suzuka Max had issues with the car since then he had never really reproduce those results at other tracks average 0.5 slower .

The same can be said about Redbull they talk about how articulate he is and how his input has been useful to engineers contrast to Gasly when he wanted the team to take note of his car development insight he was ridiculed for wanting Newey to build a car for him.so he was told just use Max setup.

The reason why Redbull tolerate Albon is probably is that he is laid back he doesn't ruffle furthers like now we can fight Gasly.they just want a submissive no 2
In Japan Max was in a too low power mode during qualy. In fact an even lower power mode was used than during FP2. This apparently was not a necessity but a set-up mistake. I have heard Max explain that in an Ziggo NL interview and I think it was also confirmed by RBR around that time.
Albon has done a tremendous job so far. It's really not fair to compare him to Max at this point, who has almost five full seasons under his belt and 3.5 seasons in the RBR 'senior' team, while it's still Albon's first full season, and he's been thrown right in the deep end where both Kyviat and Gasly both drowned. Of course he's not going to be able to match Max.

Give the young man some time.

Sieper

El Scorchio wrote:
22 Nov 2019, 17:25
Sieper wrote:
Bill wrote:

Albon has done a tremendous job so far. It's really not fair to compare him to Max at this point, who has almost five full seasons under his belt and 3.5 seasons in the RBR 'senior' team, while it's still Albon's first full season, and he's been thrown right in the deep end where both Kyviat and Gasly both drowned. Of course he's not going to be able to match Max.

Please have a read through this topic, even today I have given my opinion on Albon (and it is (very) positive). I was just replying to Bill's post, and then only about Japan. By the way, @ Ispano, I am (well almost, memory is memory)100% certain I have seen Max on TV telling he had less power in Q3 than even in FP2. In any case, Japan was an outlier.

El Scorchio

Sieper wrote:
22 Nov 2019, 18:18
El Scorchio wrote:
22 Nov 2019, 17:25
Sieper wrote:

Please have a read through this topic, even today I have given my opinion on Albon (and it is (very) positive). I was just replying to Bill's post, and then only about Japan. By the way, @ Ispano, I am (well almost, memory is memory)100% certain I have seen Max on TV telling he had less power in Q3 than even in FP2. In any case, Japan was an outlier.
You'll excuse me for not reading through 6000 posts ;)

I think I was replying to Bill really, rather than you- despite quoting you too, so apologies for that, if it looks like I'm picking you out rather than what Bill had said! It's possible I thought it was just the one post from Bill rather than that and your post underneath.

Bill

I think problem with some you guys are over hypeing and overselling Albon like he is Lewis taking on the mighty Alonso in his rookie year . I think you need perspective and acknowledge shortcomings and let the results speak for themselves and be what they are

Sieper

No prob, Albon seems rightly in the RBR seat (certainly when keeping to the RBR policy of only own program drivers) and I too expect him to grow further next year. They all do, expecially when starting out in the F1. The talent is there imho. Bill does have a point in so far that he must increase his pace. Otherwise just nice racecraft will not bring you anywhere.

El Scorchio

Bill wrote:
22 Nov 2019, 18:30
I think problem with some you guys are over hypeing and overselling Albon like he is Lewis taking on the mighty Alonso in his rookie year . I think you need perspective and acknowledge shortcomings and let the results speak for themselves and be what they are
Again, having not read through 6000 posts, I can't say other people aren't overhyping him, but you can't say he hasn't done a great job and coped very well thus far in what is a very tough job in F1- second driver at Red Bull against a team mate who is undoubtedly one of the top three drivers in the sport.

He's had to adapt to two new cars this season and hit the ground running in both. Sure he left the door open against Hamilton, but it's not his fault Hamilton then ran into him and cost him 3rd place. That aside he's been top 6 in every race for RBR so far. Could you ask for much more against 4 seasoned pros, and Leclerc, who is in a better car?

It would be wrong to just say 'He's going to be great' or 'future world champion' but he's shown more than enough to prove he belongs. It's really unfair to even judge him against Verstappen until next season. And if you take the view that Verstappen is a brilliant driver with that team basically built around him, then it's zero shame to not manage to beat or equal him.

We should really just celebrate that there are some genuinely talented youngsters coming through on merit, of which he is definitely one, rather than the bleaker outlook a few years ago when it was just rich kids or kids with massive sponsorship deals buying seats in the sport.

McMika98

Bill wrote:
Max is at another level driving a car set around him. Alonso has always been overrated, he never had one lap pace of Hamilton but was consistent. Max would spank prime Alonso this year, had he joined midway. Albon might not be as quick but his racecraft is Hamiltonesque if not better.

Marti_EF3

Bill wrote:
It's you comparing him to Max. And saying (despite he's a rookie and made a car swap midseason) he needs to up his game and be on the same level than Max. Come on, drivers like Max or Lewis are a rare example, most needs a bit of time to adapt. And with all, he has adapted well to the car, and next season having a proper adaptation with the tests, I'm sure he will be near. Maybe you should look with a little more perspective. I was one of that was saying Gasly needed time to adapt, but Albon only needed a few races and without testing. He don't get stuck behind midfield cars like Gasly, and I think it's a matter of time he can mix with the top guys. Who are a lot more experienced, and some of them have an innate talent for driving. But nothing prevents to be there with hard work and experience (Button wasn't brilliant like Ham, Max or Leclerc, but he reached top level later) It's my opinion, don't get me wrong

PlatinumZealot

McMika98 wrote:
22 Nov 2019, 20:25
Bill wrote:
Max is at another level driving a car set around him. Alonso has always been overrated, he never had one lap pace of Hamilton but was consistent. Max would spank prime Alonso this year, had he joined midway. Albon might not be as quick but his racecraft is Hamiltonesque if not better.
All indications are pointing to Max being at a levelslightly above jenson button in qualy speed. Not sure u can say he would spank Alonso. Lets see who Max pairs up with in 2021 first.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

langedweil

PlatinumZealot wrote:
22 Nov 2019, 23:10
All indications are pointing to Max being at a levelslightly above jenson button in qualy speed. Not sure u can say he would spank Alonso. Lets see who Max pairs up with in 2021 first.
What on earth is that based on then !?
HuggaWugga !

aral

Here we go again ! What have Alonso and Hamilton to do with RBR ?
Feel free to discuss the team as it exists in 2019, but other speculation about who in another team would beat another in another team are irrelevant. Stay on topic, please !

loner

Albon was in the middle of the heat with Ferrari and LH last part in Brazil he should carry on this experiences and convert it to a more talented style and improve his race pace ,he has a good shot in yas marina since Bottas will start race either with an old PU or with a grid penalty.
i doubt there will be any dynamite Ferrari strait speed anymore and it will be good to see him upping his game against one of them.
para bellum.

diffuser

aral wrote:
23 Nov 2019, 14:18
Feel free to discuss the team as it exists in 2019, but other speculation about who in another team would beat another in another team are irrelevant. Stay on topic, please !
Not sure if you were referring to my post...I was using them as a driver teaming metaphor for "epic" that IMHO Max,Albon aren't.

aral

diffuser wrote:
23 Nov 2019, 17:40
aral wrote:
23 Nov 2019, 14:18
Not sure if you were referring to my post...I was using them as a driver teaming metaphor for "epic" that IMHO Max,Albon aren't.
Reply from aral. Happy to say that it was not in reference to your post, but was referring to a couple of other off topic posts