2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wynters

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

Capharol wrote:
19 Jan 2020, 21:31
lapped in two races by your teammate in equal cars
Equal cars? Who has equal cars? Can you imagine the following conversation taking place in any of the teams?

"We've got this great idea. We've tested it in the wind tunnel and in the sim and it gives us more than a second a lap."

"A second a lap? Wow! Okay, let's put it on the cars immediately!"

"Ah. Well, we'll only get enough parts manufactured for one car by the next race weekend. Shall we put it on our lead driver's car?"

"Only enough parts for one car?"

"Yeah."

"Then, no. We wait until both cars are totally equal, even if it means losing a nearly guaranteed race win. It wouldn't be fair to our explicitly number 2 driver otherwise."

"Are you sure, sir? I mean, the sponsorship boost from winning a race, alone, will be worth-"

"I said, It. Wouldn't. Be. Fair."

Sieper

That is all good and well, but that is then valid for every team and which other driver lapped his teammate twice?

Bill

I car compare anything I just go with what drivers say from the interviews they make with various news networks ,but it's all in the past let's see what happens with new season.

Capharol

Wynters wrote:
21 Jan 2020, 13:27
Capharol wrote:
19 Jan 2020, 21:31
lapped in two races by your teammate in equal cars
Equal cars? Who has equal cars? Can you imagine the following conversation taking place in any of the teams?

"We've got this great idea. We've tested it in the wind tunnel and in the sim and it gives us more than a second a lap."

"A second a lap? Wow! Okay, let's put it on the cars immediately!"

"Ah. Well, we'll only get enough parts manufactured for one car by the next race weekend. Shall we put it on our lead driver's car?"

"Only enough parts for one car?"

"Yeah."

"Then, no. We wait until both cars are totally equal, even if it means losing a nearly guaranteed race win. It wouldn't be fair to our explicitly number 2 driver otherwise."

"Are you sure, sir? I mean, the sponsorship boost from winning a race, alone, will be worth-"

"I said, It. Wouldn't. Be. Fair."
You are exaggerating and you know that because such updates aren't worth over 1s or more per lap.... So I just not going deeper into this discussion with you