2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
langedweil

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

No, not really ... very little driving for the bulls. Gas did a few runs, Ves only 7 laps or so ? Perhaps the chassis change disnt work out as easy ?
HuggaWugga !

IvailoStefanovBG

Sayeman wrote:
16 Mar 2019, 06:19
Things arent looking good after fp3
I thing the engine was massively detuned compared to yesterday. I guess Honda do not want to risk just ahead of qualifying.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Whatever issues they're having look like car problems, setup or balance maybe? Or maybe the China upgrades that were brought forward aren't working well on this track? Kvyat is looking good in his STR.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

langedweil wrote:No, not really ... very little driving for the bulls. Gas did a few runs, Ves only 7 laps or so ? Perhaps the chassis change disnt work out as easy ?
He actually did 19 laps... 2 more than Gasly, 3 more than Kvyat... His fastest lap was on the soft (red) tires, so it wasn’t tire related either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

godlameroso

What a shame for the mothership actually slower than the B team, terrible performance from Gasly, Kvyat may end up taking his place.
Saishū kōnā

restless
restless

Gasly P17... what fail, I didn't see if he ever made 2nd attempt ot they were too confident?

gandharva

New Torpedo for RBR soon! Nah, clearly team error. They did not send him out a second time. Probably miscalculated track improvements.

godlameroso

Good deal from Verstappen, although .8 down the gap is .1 greater than it was last year. At least he can't get stuck behind Alonso.

Last year Aus quali gap was .715, it's .834 this year.
Last edited by godlameroso on 16 Mar 2019, 09:08, edited 1 time in total.
Saishū kōnā

restless
restless

Well, P4 for Max is not bad at all, better than I expected :O
More shame to team strategy :/

Jerrycobra
Jerrycobra

Based on this Q3 session RBR is mixing it with Ferrari, not too bad I guess. One thing to note though is Max didn't do a personal best sector on his final Q3 run.

ispano6

Max could have strung together a lap to put him 3rd. His last lap sector1 was yellow, so there was a tiny bit more there.
Great job by Max to put it on the 2nd row, let's hope he can avoid contact [-o<

Gasly is going to need a safety car but he can start on the harder compound, but with Albon and Kvyat both in front. Albon put together a good lap too, lets hope he keeps it on the track and can score some points.

Godius

ispano6 wrote:
16 Mar 2019, 09:11
Max could have strung together a lap to put him 3rd. His last lap sector1 was yellow, so there was a tiny bit more there.
Great job by Max to put it on the 2nd row, let's hope he can avoid contact [-o<

Gasly is going to need a safety car but he can start on the harder compound, but with Albon and Kvyat both in front. Albon put together a good lap too, lets hope he keeps it on the track and can score some points.
There was also a weird thing going on with Max in the pit lane just before his final run in q3. The car went into anti-stall or something like that, it took them quite a while to ge the car going again. Maybe his tire temperatures dropped a bit to much to attack right away.

gandharva

"We got caught out by track evolution and it cost us a lot."

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/gasl ... y/4353686/

Team fail...

Fulcrum
Fulcrum

Aside from the gaffe the team made with Gasly, I think Red Bull shouldn't be too discouraged. Mixing it with the Ferrari drivers in the first race with the new engine is an accomplishment in itself.

Granted, they are significantly behind Mercedes, but I think that reality reflects more negatively on Ferrari than Red Bull.

etusch

İt is too early for saying that someone behind Mercedes. It looks like this track well suited for mercedes car.
Last edited by etusch on 16 Mar 2019, 10:18, edited 1 time in total.