2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
LM10

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

Capharol wrote:
25 Mar 2019, 00:43
Alexf1 wrote:
24 Mar 2019, 23:01
Hope so. Because if they would have had the extra DF in Melbourne at the expense of top speed they would maybe have been a tenth or 2 faster in laptime, never believe they would have been on par with Merc in quali. So my thought is they either have a bad or unstable chassis at the moment or they deliberately did not invest in heavy Melbourne DF levels as they are not necessary for the coming GPs.
this sentence made me think….
Albert Park is a unique circuit, no measurment possible on how the season really can/will go, and they maybe knew they had enough time on there hands to be the 3rd team on the grid at the AusGP and maybe even thought 5th might be the highest they can do..... so why running high DF when it doesn't really pay off anyway..... "just lets forget about AusGP, focus on the "normal" circuits" could be the thought …. and suddenly the finished 3rd with 1 car

this might be a controverse thinking, but who really knows how RB is thinking
Didn't RBR (Newey in particular) push to make China upgrades ready for Melbourne?

Capharol

LM10 wrote:
25 Mar 2019, 00:50
Capharol wrote:
Alexf1 wrote:
24 Mar 2019, 23:01
Hope so. Because if they would have had the extra DF in Melbourne at the expense of top speed they would maybe have been a tenth or 2 faster in laptime, never believe they would have been on par with Merc in quali. So my thought is they either have a bad or unstable chassis at the moment or they deliberately did not invest in heavy Melbourne DF levels as they are not necessary for the coming GPs.
Albert Park is a unique circuit, no measurment possible on how the season really can/will go, and they maybe knew they had enough time on there hands to be the 3rd team on the grid at the AusGP and maybe even thought 5th might be the highest they can do..... so why running high DF when it doesn't really pay off anyway..... "just lets forget about AusGP, focus on the "normal" circuits" could be the thought …. and suddenly the finished 3rd with 1 car

Didn't RBR (Newey in particular) push to make China upgrades ready for Melbourne?
yes but where is the proof they used them? have we seen the parts they wanted to use for Melbourne? do we know what the upgrades looked like?
I haven'r seen those parts and hell I don't even know if they really used them.... because Sky F1 or any other reporter says they used them? did they see the part that should be used in Melbourne before or are they only thinking RB would use the part the had in Barcelona as the Melbourne part?

for the record i am only guessing but i think we all do so it's just a thought :wink:

LM10

Capharol wrote:
25 Mar 2019, 01:42
LM10 wrote:
Capharol wrote:

yes but where is the proof they used them? have we seen the parts they wanted to use for Melbourne? do we know what the upgrades looked like?
I haven'r seen those parts and hell I don't even know if they really used them.... because Sky F1 or any other reporter says they used them? did they see the part that should be used in Melbourne before or are they only thinking RB would use the part the had in Barcelona as the Melbourne part?

for the record i am only guessing but i think we all do so it's just a thought :wink:
Helmut Marko was quoted on several media telling that a very motivated Newey pushed forward China upgrades. Wether this is correct or just made up, I don't know, even though I can't imagine it being totally fake.

Claiming a thing, but not doing it is another possible option, of course. I as well couldn't catch any big changes in Melbourne.

Capharol

LM10 wrote:
25 Mar 2019, 01:55
Capharol wrote:
25 Mar 2019, 01:42
LM10 wrote:

Helmut Marko was quoted on several media telling that a very motivated Newey pushed forward China upgrades. Wether this is correct or just made up, I don't know, even though I can't imagine it being totally fake.

Claiming a thing, but not doing it is another possible option, of course. I as well couldn't catch any big changes in Melbourne.
well we all know Marko's mouth goes faster as his mind does, especcially when they hold a mic infront of him :wink:

i am not saying he is lying but i can't be sure he tells the truth sometimes

Ground Effect

I still feel Red Bull were taken aback by the progress of the engine. Maybe that's why they rushed the China upgrades after discovering what they had in their hands. It'll be interesting to see how the develop the chassis, and how well they can close the gap before version 2 of the PU, which usually comes around Canada.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Capharol

https://www.racefans.net/2019/03/25/ana ... ize-money/
Top 3 teams will lose prize money with the possible 2021 regulation, smaller teams might gain

Wouter

Capharol wrote:
25 Mar 2019, 11:53
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/hond ... ssion=true

Honda wants to try to get the first win by summer
"We're not trying to make the expectation low," said Yamamoto. "But racing is the result, what matters is the result. We can see everything in the result.

"We have to pile up the technology and performance towards the race."

He added: "Our honest feeling is that we haven't reached the level of Ferrari and Mercedes as a PU.

"We have to go beyond [the current level]."
He also said in an interview that RBR needs another 0.2 sec with their current chassis and than they can win races.
I don't believe that is in the summer, but very soon.
The Power of Dreams!

godlameroso

.2 from engine, .2 from chassis, and RB will be challenging for wins on every track. Granted I think they'll only be able to eek out .3 closer to Mercedes this year, definitely race winner capable, but they'll need a bit of luck on their side, and they'll have to be operationally flawless. Of course some tracks will favor them more than others.
Saishū kōnā

etusch

Last 2 or 3 seasons they were faster than they at first half of that season. So expecting them to be faster make sense. If Honda can make it same or very little gap to first two engines ( not to teams because maybe Redbull is better than one of them already) they can do it this season.

Alexf1

True. Was surprised after Quali Max had such strong pace in the race. But if they have to start all GPs behind the Mercedes its gonna be tough. So what about the large Q gap in Melbourne? All 3 Qs they were about 0.6 to 0.8s off p1. Anyone know if they turner party mode on already in Q2 after Gasly scare or only in Q3? Gain from Q1 -> Q2 was 1.2s while Q2 -> Q3 was only 0.3s. Also in the race when Bottas used party mode for fastest lap he was 0.7 faster than Max fastest lap. That's huge.

etusch

If we can think that melbourne showed us who is where, then yes, it is mercedes. But I don't think what we saw in melbourne is what we will see remainder of season from point of mercedes and Ferrari. Of Course they will be strong. Hope 3 teams will fight whole season long for victories as vettel expected.

Capharol

Alexf1 wrote:
25 Mar 2019, 21:19
True. Was surprised after Quali Max had such strong pace in the race. But if they have to start all GPs behind the Mercedes its gonna be tough. So what about the large Q gap in Melbourne? All 3 Qs they were about 0.6 to 0.8s off p1. Anyone know if they turner party mode on already in Q2 after Gasly scare or only in Q3? Gain from Q1 -> Q2 was 1.2s while Q2 -> Q3 was only 0.3s. Also in the race when Bottas used party mode for fastest lap he was 0.7 faster than Max fastest lap. That's huge.
as already been mentioned before ... Melbourne is not representative for the whole season... in 2018 the gap was the same size in melbourne but in Bahrain 2018 the Ferraris were the fastest and RB only 0,2 behind (in my memory is right)

elMaestro

Capharol wrote:
26 Mar 2019, 02:21
Alexf1 wrote:
25 Mar 2019, 21:19
as already been mentioned before ... Melbourne is not representative for the whole season... in 2018 the gap was the same size in melbourne but in Bahrain 2018 the Ferraris were the fastest and RB only 0,2 behind (in my memory is right)
If my memory serves me right i think that the top 3 was quite close in qualy with Ricciardo only 2 tenths behind Hamilton. But the race was where i think Ferrari and Merc were quite equal but we never got to see what both the Redbulls could do cause they retired early on the race. Max from the collision with Hamilton and later on loosing drive, whereas Ricci with an electrical problem.

etusch

1_____5_____Sebastian Vettel_____FERRARI_____57_____1:32:01.940_____25
2_____77____Valtteri Bottas______MERCEDES_____57_____+0.699s_____18
3_____44____Lewis Hamilton_____MERCEDES_____57_____+6.512s_____15
4_____10____Pierre Gasly_____SCUDERIA TORO ROSSO HONDA_____57_____+62.234s_____12
5_____20____Kevin Magnussen____HAAS FERRARI_____57_____+75.046s_____10
6_____27____Nico Hulkenberg____RENAULT_____57_____+99.024s_____8
7_____14____Fernando Alonso____MCLAREN RENAULT_____56_____+1 lap_____6
8_____2_____Stoffel Vandoorne___MCLAREN RENAULT_____56_____+1 lap_____4
9_____9_____Marcus Ericsson_____SAUBER FERRARI_____56_____+1 lap_____2
10_____31___Esteban Ocon_______FORCE INDIA MERCEDES_____56_____+1 lap_____1
11_____55___Carlos Sainz________RENAULT_____56_____+1 lap_____0
12_____16___Charles Leclerc_____SAUBER FERRARI_____56_____+1 lap_____0
13_____8____Romain Grosjean____HAAS FERRARI_____56_____+1 lap_____0
14_____18___Lance Stroll________WILLIAMS MERCEDES_____56_____+1 lap_____0
15_____35___Sergey Sirotkin_____WILLIAMS MERCEDES_____56_____+1 lap_____0
16_____11___Sergio Perez_______FORCE INDIA MERCEDES_____56_____+1 lap_____0
17_____28___Brendon Hartley____SCUDERIA TORO ROSSO HONDA_____56_____+1 lap_____0
NC_____7____Kimi Räikkönen_____FERRARI_____35_____DNF_____0
NC_____33___Max Verstappen__RED BULL RACING TAG HEUER_____3_____DNF_____0
NC_____3____Daniel Ricciardo____RED BULL RACING TAG HEUER_____1_____DNF_____0
Race Video
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... Pk7vt.html