2019 Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
marmer
marmer
35
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:48 am

Re: 2019 Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team

Post Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:58 am

Wynters wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:31 am
zibby43 wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:14 am
(Part 2)

https://streamable.com/irdrs
At 1:14, a mechanic is adding a cold liquid to an inlet at the rear of the car. Does anyone know what the substance is and where it's being added to?
could it be a hot liqid with it being such a cold day?

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan
501
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:37 pm

Re: 2019 Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team

Post Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:07 am

Idle, entirely pointless, speculation: I wonder if Hamilton can repeat his feat of last year and score 400 points again. He needs 37 points to do it, which is definitely possible unless he has a couple of bad races.
Turbo says "Dumpster sounds so much more classy. It's the diamond of the cesspools." oh, and "The Dutch fans are drunk. Maybe"

User avatar
TAG
113
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:18 pm
Location: in a good place

Re: 2019 Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team

Post Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:00 am

Just_a_fan wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:07 am
Idle, entirely pointless, speculation: I wonder if Hamilton can repeat his feat of last year and score 400 points again. He needs 37 points to do it, which is definitely possible unless he has a couple of bad races.
I hadn't realized but last year he broke the single season points record Vettel had. 25 points a win goes a long way when you do it 10 times. This year Germany was his worst result but even including that he's only missed being on the podium 3 times! :wtf:

I guess at this point I'd be surprised if he didn't break 400 barrier.
Countdown to 91: 7 more victories ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

User avatar
Morteza
1894
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:23 pm
Location: Bushehr, Iran

Re: 2019 Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team

Post Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:49 pm

astracrazy wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:09 pm
Bono missing from this race and next.
He's back this weekend
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

User avatar
ME4ME
164
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:37 pm

Re: 2019 Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team

Post Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:26 pm

It's only right for him to be there when Lewis wins his 6th title =D>

User avatar
loner
46
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:34 pm

Re: 2019 Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team

Post Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:03 pm

and now time for LH to say oh six better than sex :lol:
para bellum.

User avatar
Jambier
4
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:02 am
Location: France

Re: 2019 Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team

Post Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:04 pm

Incredible job from Mercedes

This team making history...

User avatar
TAG
113
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:18 pm
Location: in a good place

Re: 2019 Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team

Post Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:16 pm

Image

a little artistic license, 6 is impressive, congratulations Lewis.
Countdown to 91: 7 more victories ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

User avatar
TAG
113
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:18 pm
Location: in a good place

Re: 2019 Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team

Post Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:45 am

Image

...and the officially licensed product instead of my own cheap and anticipated product knockoff. :)
Countdown to 91: 7 more victories ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Gator86
Gator86
0
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:29 pm

Re: 2019 Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team

Post Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:37 am

marmer wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:58 am
Wynters wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:31 am
zibby43 wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:14 am
(Part 2)

https://streamable.com/irdrs
At 1:14, a mechanic is adding a cold liquid to an inlet at the rear of the car. Does anyone know what the substance is and where it's being added to?
could it be a hot liqid with it being such a cold day?
My guess is that it is a nearly empty catch bottle to collect any excess oil coming out of a breather line while the car comes up to temperature. Amateur single seaters often have this nearly empty bottle secured to the chassis to collect the oil from a breather line while out on track.

zibby43
zibby43
270
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:16 am

Re: 2019 Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team

Post Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:02 am

Image

Image

Image

Image

User avatar
Juzh
449
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:45 am

Re: 2019 Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team

Post Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:47 pm

bottas chasing down hamilton for the win

https://streamable.com/xhvvt

Wass85
Wass85
0
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:11 pm

Re: 2019 Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team

Post Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:30 pm

Juzh wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:47 pm
bottas chasing down hamilton for the win

https://streamable.com/xhvvt
https://streamable.com/xhvvt
Amazing drive from him yesterday, the middle stint was epic. Passing a determined Hamilton twice to secure the win makes that arguably his best drive ever.

User avatar
De Jokke
2
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:51 am

Re: 2019 Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team

Post Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:21 am

Wass85 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:30 pm
Juzh wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:47 pm
bottas chasing down hamilton for the win

https://streamable.com/xhvvt
https://streamable.com/xhvvt
Amazing drive from him yesterday, the middle stint was epic. Passing a determined Hamilton twice to secure the win makes that arguably his best drive ever.
Bottas is growing, his best season so far in the merc, but passing Lewis on old tyres was not that difficult to be honest...
Mercedes AMG + Hamilton => dreamteam!

Radley
Radley
6
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:10 am
Location: San Francisco

Re: 2019 Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team

Post Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:32 am

It pains me to see VB put on airs that he's so great. There has been so many races in his 3 years at Mercedes where he has sucked.

VB can't drive his car well unless the setup is perfect.

Ricciardo would have been a much better teamate to Hamilton.

I really wanted Bettas to show some class at the end of Austin and wait a meter in front of the finish line and let Lewis cross first.