2019 Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Morteza
1698
User avatar
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:23 pm
Location: Bushehr, Iran

Re: 2019 Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team

Post by Morteza » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:34 pm

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

atanatizante
30
User avatar
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:33 pm

Re: 2019 Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team

Post by atanatizante » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:35 am

Seems they will shift towards solid-state technology battery now which is a good step forward ...
Now whether is lithium-ion or another tech it has to be seen ...

https://twitter.com/MercedesBenz/status ... 6390293504
"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

ringo
225
User avatar
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:57 am

Re: 2019 Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team

Post by ringo » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:38 pm

For Sure!!

digitalrurouni
17
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:50 pm

Re: 2019 Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team

Post by digitalrurouni » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:05 pm

ringo wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:38 pm
Jackie strikes again! :mrgreen:

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/35252/ja ... ettel.html
With all due respect to Sir Jackie Stewart...he needs to shut up. His jealousy is showing.

Jozsusz
-6
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:09 am

Re: 2019 Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team

Post by Jozsusz » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:17 pm

ringo wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:38 pm
Jackie strikes again! :mrgreen:

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/35252/ja ... ettel.html
This guy...
At least LH doesn't spin in every third race...

Phil
390
User avatar
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:22 pm

Re: 2019 Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team

Post by Phil » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:26 pm

He has got a point, in that a drivers pure performance against other drivers is masked by the car and team around him. But this was never any different with any of the other mentioned drivers in that they too, had different machinery. The only true picture we will ever get is the competition between two drivers competing in the same team with equal treatment. But in the end, Formula 1 is a team and constructors sport. Nothing new here Sir Jackie Steward.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

dans79
191
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:33 pm
Location: USA

Re: 2019 Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team

Post by dans79 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:11 pm

Man he is really starting to show his age, with his increasingly flippant comments.

ringo
225
User avatar
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:57 am

Re: 2019 Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team

Post by ringo » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:33 pm

I think his main problem is that he thinks he is the best ever, and only an older driver than him would be considered to be equal or a wee bit better than him and that's Jim Clark and Fangio. But to not stray from the topic, i think because of the results up to this point of the championship Mercedes are being labeled as the dominant car on the grid.
I think the W10 is far from dominant, and there is more to come from redbull and ferrari.
If they were dominant they would not have to worry about double pitstops and undercut in their strategy. Mercedes are ahead by a small margin on car performance, and get most of their advantage from operations and team chemistry.
Jackie seems to be predicting a 6xWDC for Hamilton and so he has to be super negative. But i think it is too early for him to start hollering out. He should wait until the US Grand Prix to enter the scene.
For Sure!!

Just_a_fan
441
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:37 pm

Re: 2019 Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team

Post by Just_a_fan » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:29 am

Phil wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:26 pm
He has got a point, in that a drivers pure performance against other drivers is masked by the car and team around him. But this was never any different with any of the other mentioned drivers in that they too, had different machinery. The only true picture we will ever get is the competition between two drivers competing in the same team with equal treatment. But in the end, Formula 1 is a team and constructors sport. Nothing new here Sir Jackie Steward.
The only person you are really competing against on equal terms is your team mate. Unless you're a designated number 1 driver, of course.

Look at Stewart's team mates and you won't find three world champions amongst them. Likewise Schumacher or Vettel. Indeed, Stewart only raced with a World Champion team mate once and that was Graham Hill in 65 and 66. Hill beat him both years. Cevert might have been a future champion but sadly died before he really developed.

The fact remains that Hamilton has only been bested twice by his team mate in his F1 career. Once by Button in Hamilton's year of self-destruction and once by Rosberg when he took the title. Rosberg then promptly retired because he knew he couldn't do it again. Alonso got the same number of points but finished third in the standings behind Hamilton in the latter's rookie year.

I think Hamilton's record shows his level, and I think it's above Vettel. And Schumacher. Oh, and Stewart.
Turbo says "Dumpster sounds so much more classy. It's the diamond of the cesspools." oh, and "The Dutch fans are drunk. Maybe"

astracrazy
50
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:04 pm

Re: 2019 Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team

Post by astracrazy » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:20 am

Nice post, 100% agree. I cant stand Stewart though.

selvam_e2002
-3
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:52 am

Re: 2019 Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team

Post by selvam_e2002 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:15 pm

Just_a_fan wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:29 am
Phil wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:26 pm
He has got a point, in that a drivers pure performance against other drivers is masked by the car and team around him. But this was never any different with any of the other mentioned drivers in that they too, had different machinery. The only true picture we will ever get is the competition between two drivers competing in the same team with equal treatment. But in the end, Formula 1 is a team and constructors sport. Nothing new here Sir Jackie Steward.
The only person you are really competing against on equal terms is your team mate. Unless you're a designated number 1 driver, of course.

Look at Stewart's team mates and you won't find three world champions amongst them. Likewise Schumacher or Vettel. Indeed, Stewart only raced with a World Champion team mate once and that was Graham Hill in 65 and 66. Hill beat him both years. Cevert might have been a future champion but sadly died before he really developed.

The fact remains that Hamilton has only been bested twice by his team mate in his F1 career. Once by Button in Hamilton's year of self-destruction and once by Rosberg when he took the title. Rosberg then promptly retired because he knew he couldn't do it again. Alonso got the same number of points but finished third in the standings behind Hamilton in the latter's rookie year.

I think Hamilton's record shows his level, and I think it's above Vettel. And Schumacher. Oh, and Stewart.
If the car good Hamilton delivering. If not see what happen when he work with Button....
I don't believe Rosberg cleanly beaten Hamilton. Rosberg got his team support in 2016 to get the championship. He cannot get same help from team again in 2017 so he did not compete it again with Hamilton.

In 2007 Alonso won two races before hamilton won in canada(his first race win). It was a bad mistake by team Melaren to support Hamilton instead of Alonso. It was similar story which happened to Hamilton in 2016. The difference is Rosberg won but in 2007 Alonso equals point with Hamilton. It was Melaren to loose the championship in 2007.

The real talent of Hamilton will come into picture if Alonso joins Ferrari for 2020 then you will see how Hamilton react and handle each and every race. Alonso can do better job than Vettel and lecrec to get WDC and WCC for ferrari in 2020. I am expecting him to Join Ferrari in 2020.

to talk about Vettel, take a look at ricciardo how he beaten Vettel in RB but when he joins Renault, he is struggling to adopt the car. He also mentioned that 'RBR is easy to drive'. So, it applies to Vettel as well. If the car is not good Vettel cannot drive to his or Car's max potential. Now he is facing challenge with new comer Lecrec.
I think the same thing happen to Max in RBR as well. If he go to different F1 team in future then only we can see his true potential. Time will till who is better driver.

Note: Sainz Beat Max frequently in RBR sister team.

I am just sharing my thoughts.

NathanOlder
112
User avatar
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:05 am
Location: Kent

Re: 2019 Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team

Post by NathanOlder » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:16 am

Yeah, see what happens in 2009 , 2011 , he still wins races.....

Alonso is gone, He was beaten by Hamilton in equal cars. Why would we need him to come back for Lewis to prove himself #-o
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0

Does anyone play F1 2019 on Ps4, would love to set up a league.

zeph
57
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:54 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: 2019 Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team

Post by zeph » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:25 am

NathanOlder wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:16 am
Alonso is gone, He was beaten by Hamilton in equal cars.
Was he? That’s not what I remember.

Phil
390
User avatar
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:22 pm

Re: 2019 Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team

Post by Phil » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:59 am

Of course he was. It’s somewhat of a miracle that they ended up on equal points. What did it take? China GP? Glitch in the last race? That championship should have been done and dusted with races to spare.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

selvam_e2002
-3
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:52 am

Re: 2019 Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team

Post by selvam_e2002 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:26 am

I hope we can see Alonso in F1 after claiming triple crown by this may and Joins Ferrari. It helps Libery as well to get more viewers in F1. It should be very interesting to watch/see battle of Alonso Vs Hamilton instead of Hamilton vs Vettel. I hope still F1 fans love to see those two(ham and alonso) fight on track in F1.

It is all speculation. Lets wait and see.....