2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ScottR267

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

http://www.sportspromedia.com/news/mcla ... ponsorship

Petrobras looking to terminate early their sponsorship. Surely McLaren to go back to/continue to use BP/Castrol fuel and oil?

charliesmithhd

Ground Effect

ScottR267 wrote:
17 May 2019, 14:56

Petrobras looking to terminate early their sponsorship. Surely McLaren to go back to/continue to use BP/Castrol fuel and oil?
They never switched, the plan was to switch this year, but they announced before the start of the season it would be delayed.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

trinidefender

ScottR267 wrote:

I'm surprised it took this long. As soon as Bolsonaro came into office he spoke about cutting government spending and specifically mentioning the state company Petrobras. I thought that this would have happened less than a month after he came into power.

Ground Effect

trinidefender wrote:
17 May 2019, 15:29
ScottR267 wrote:

I'm surprised it took this long. As soon as Bolsonaro came into office he spoke about cutting government spending and specifically mentioning the state company Petrobras. I thought that this would have happened less than a month after he came into power.
It was always a shaky deal in my mind... It’s a bit disappointing. Which other Technical partner could they possibly find now?
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?

Macklaren

Ground Effect wrote:
17 May 2019, 15:37
trinidefender wrote:
ScottR267 wrote:

It was always a shaky deal in my mind... It’s a bit disappointing. Which other Technical partner could they possibly find now?
With the works Renault team still somewhat on the
back foot, I wouldn't be surprised if Castrol wants a big sticker on the Mclaren

ScottR267

Ground Effect wrote:
17 May 2019, 15:26
ScottR267 wrote:

They never switched, the plan was to switch this year, but they announced before the start of the season it would be delayed.
According to the article the team were using their transmission oil....

ScottR267

Macklaren wrote:
17 May 2019, 16:06
Ground Effect wrote:
trinidefender wrote:

back foot, I wouldn't be surprised if Castrol wants a big sticker on the Mclaren
Did they not over the last year sign a longer term deal with Renault?

M840TR

Carlos on Spain performance:
I was struggling with the rear of the car in the last sector for the first stint of the race, and I had to defend from Daniel Ricciardo. I just didn’t have the same feeling I had on Friday
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... U0sSs.html

SmallSoldier

Ground Effect wrote:
ThePapayaJaguar wrote:
17 May 2019, 12:49
So Ivan retweeted this article: https://extraconfidencial.com/noticias/ ... do-alonso/ .

Using Google translate:

"It would be expected that this feature would have pushed them on the Montmeló track , but this was not the case due to misunderstandings with the setup. The adjustments of each circuit were poorly calculated and both drivers complained about a lack of general performance, already solved."

"This they know in McLaren because in the two days of testing after the Grand Prix of Spain , without pressure, without hurry, without limitations of time on the track, they managed to reduce the records in a second. The car is better than it looks; What they lack is knowledge and development of what they have built."
Interesting article... But being a Spanish outlet, it’s not surprising that they’re being positive, but I hope they are with good reason and a good performance is on the cards for Monaco.
I wonder if Key will fully be focused on the 2020 car, while Fry, Stella and some of the design team concentrate on updates for the 2019 car.
I don’t know if they have inside information, but it would make sense for the team to have gotten the setup wrong with the amount of updates they brought to Barcelona and no real time to understand them on track... It would be interesting to have had sector times from Barcelona to compare C2 and C3 performance in the last sector.

Monaco will be an interesting one if the update actually helps the team improve in slow corners, since the apparent speed in the straights that they have showed in the last few races won’t be a factor there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OviJohn

Good to consider that the guy that wrote that article is very knowledgeable and reputed in the F1 circles here in Spain.

In my opinion, his assessments have always been fair and objective.

RonDennis

ScottR267 wrote:

Good luck looking. :lol:

Macklaren wrote:
17 May 2019, 16:06
Ground Effect wrote:
trinidefender wrote:

They won't.

ThePapayaJaguar

_cerber1 wrote:
17 May 2019, 13:16
Ground Effect wrote:
17 May 2019, 13:11
Ivan Roldan I believe, McLaren aerodynamicist.
Thank! =D>
Yeah, it's Mr. Roldan. I thought you guys knew him! Follow him on Twitter.

Dipesh1995

ThePapayaJaguar wrote:
17 May 2019, 23:39
_cerber1 wrote:
17 May 2019, 13:16
Ground Effect wrote:
17 May 2019, 13:11
Ivan Roldan I believe, McLaren aerodynamicist.
Thank! =D>
Yeah, it's Mr. Roldan. I thought you guys knew him! Follow him on Twitter.
Dr. Roldan* :)

Ground Effect

OviJohn wrote:
17 May 2019, 21:28
Good to consider that the guy that wrote that article is very knowledgeable and reputed in the F1 circles here in Spain.

In my opinion, his assessments have always been fair and objective.
That’s good to know, thanks.