2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
SmallSoldier

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

That’s Motorsport... Today it wasn’t simply Mclaren’s day.

But the team is still improving versus previous season and our chances in France should be good to once again fight for Q3 and hopefully a better race then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SmallSoldier

FittingMechanics wrote:
Xero wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 21:43
Nothing wrong with the strategy. That forced early stop meant it was always going to be a big ask. Just ran out of tyres. On the plus side, pace was really good, made a lot of overtakes. Shame, it's a missed opportunity.
Yeah, 67 laps on hard tires was way too much, but they couldn't have done anything different.
At one point during the race, Sainz was 9 seconds behind Gasly and 11-12 seconds in front of Kvyat... I guess that was the right time to push as hard as possible to try and get a big enough gap to come out in front of Kvyat (or pretty close behind) in fresh Medium tires, which would have allowed him to make the pass.

What that would have meant is probably forgetting about 9th and settling for 10th... Guess the team chose to try and get that 9th position... Worth the risk I guess for just 1 point difference.

Darth-Piekus

I feel really bad for Vettel today. Such an irony seeing Ferrari not being the favorite of the FIA anymore now that Max Mosley left. Vettel now knows how Lewis felt when that win in Spa back at 2008 was stolen from him.

Alonso Fan

Darth-Piekus wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 21:55
I feel really bad for Vettel today. Such an irony seeing Ferrari not being the favorite of the FIA anymore now that Max Mosley left.
I know it's off topic but I don't feel sorry for him.

He didn't even attempt to stay off the racing line, no left input on the wheel at all. Maybe if he had attempted to steer left while rejoining the track and then understeered into the racing line and caused hamilton to brake, perhaps then the stewards would have looked at the incident differently.

The fact is he didn't even make an attempt to avoid the racing line

He said on the radio himself, 'if I went left he would have got past'. That shows he could have gone left he's just making an excuse

Having said that I'm not sure he deserved a 5 second penalty but I think it was his fault and he could have done it better.
Last edited by Alonso Fan on 09 Jun 2019, 22:03, edited 2 times in total.
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

SmallSoldier

Darth-Piekus wrote:I feel really bad for Vettel today. Such an irony seeing Ferrari not being the favorite of the FIA anymore now that Max Mosley left. Vettel now knows how Lewis felt when that win in Spa back at 2008 was stolen from him.
I do too... But, I don’t think in conspiracy theories and “favoritisms”... Inconsistency, yes... But, not purposely helping a team.

Darth-Piekus

So whats the Constructors standings now?

Emag

Darth-Piekus wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 22:02
So whats the Constructors standings now?
McLaren 4th 30 points
Renault 5th 28 points

SmallSoldier

Alonso Fan wrote:
Darth-Piekus wrote:
I feel really bad for Vettel today. Such an irony seeing Ferrari not being the favorite of the FIA anymore now that Max Mosley left.

He didn't even attempt to stay off the racing line, no left input on the wheel at all. Maybe if he had attempted to steer left while rejoining the track and then understeer Ed into the rwxing line and caused hamilton to brake, perhaps then the stewards would have looked at the incident differently.

He said on the radio himself, 'if I went left he would have got past'. That shows he could have gone left he's just making an excuse

Having said that I'm not sure he deserved a 5 second penalty but I think it was his fault and he could have done it better.
No, if you are going through the grass you don’t “turn the wheel”, you want to try and keep it as straight as possible since it will be way worst.

And I will have to hear the radio again, because I understood that he said “if he would have gone on the left, he would have passed”... Meaning that Lewis could have overtaken him through the left.

bauc

A race to forget, we had the pace for points but SAI went into the pit too early due to overheating problem and NOR retired, it just was not our day today.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Alonso Fan

SmallSoldier wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 22:04
Alonso Fan wrote:
Darth-Piekus wrote:

He didn't even attempt to stay off the racing line, no left input on the wheel at all. Maybe if he had attempted to steer left while rejoining the track and then understeer Ed into the rwxing line and caused hamilton to brake, perhaps then the stewards would have looked at the incident differently.

No, if you are going through the grass you don’t “turn the wheel”, you want to try and keep it as straight as possible since it will be way worst.

And I will have to hear the radio again, because I understood that he said “if he would have gone on the left, he would have passed”... Meaning that Lewis could have overtaken him through the left.

If you turn the wheel on the grass in that kind of car you'll most likely understeer (as long as you don't give it any throttle whatsoever) , I. E. No harm done but attempt to avoid shown.

I can prove it on a simulator like AC with the RSS formula hybrid but we'll leave that for another thread
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Darth-Piekus

I am just waiting for some specific neighsayers to appear and tell us how much Mclaren sucks for not dominating the other midfields for just one race. I wonder how much time will it take.

Alonso Fan

Pace was good this race, next races give us something to look forward to.

But my they've chucked away soo many points this year already, whether through mechanical failure or driver error.
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Emag

It will be hard to keep 4th until the end of the season, because Renault is not a weak team. However there are many races to go, I am sure both McLaren and Renault will continue developing their cars, so it will be a matter of who invests more and who has more potential for development in the end.

GhostF1

NiyolHuayra wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 21:29
Where are all those HAAS and Torro Rosso are faster then McLaren now?
Kvyat has your answer.

Mansell89

Think McLarens race was cooked due to their tyre choices for the weekend unfortunately.