2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
SmallSoldier
85
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:54 am

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post by SmallSoldier » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:46 pm

That’s Motorsport... Today it wasn’t simply Mclaren’s day.

But the team is still improving versus previous season and our chances in France should be good to once again fight for Q3 and hopefully a better race then.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SmallSoldier
85
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:54 am

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post by SmallSoldier » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:49 pm

FittingMechanics wrote:
Xero wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:43 pm
Nothing wrong with the strategy. That forced early stop meant it was always going to be a big ask. Just ran out of tyres. On the plus side, pace was really good, made a lot of overtakes. Shame, it's a missed opportunity.
Yeah, 67 laps on hard tires was way too much, but they couldn't have done anything different.
At one point during the race, Sainz was 9 seconds behind Gasly and 11-12 seconds in front of Kvyat... I guess that was the right time to push as hard as possible to try and get a big enough gap to come out in front of Kvyat (or pretty close behind) in fresh Medium tires, which would have allowed him to make the pass.

What that would have meant is probably forgetting about 9th and settling for 10th... Guess the team chose to try and get that 9th position... Worth the risk I guess for just 1 point difference.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Darth-Piekus
14
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:27 pm
Location: Greece

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post by Darth-Piekus » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:55 pm

I feel really bad for Vettel today. Such an irony seeing Ferrari not being the favorite of the FIA anymore now that Max Mosley left. Vettel now knows how Lewis felt when that win in Spa back at 2008 was stolen from him.

Alonso Fan
43
User avatar
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:21 pm

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post by Alonso Fan » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:01 pm

Darth-Piekus wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:55 pm
I feel really bad for Vettel today. Such an irony seeing Ferrari not being the favorite of the FIA anymore now that Max Mosley left.
I know it's off topic but I don't feel sorry for him.

He didn't even attempt to stay off the racing line, no left input on the wheel at all. Maybe if he had attempted to steer left while rejoining the track and then understeered into the racing line and caused hamilton to brake, perhaps then the stewards would have looked at the incident differently.

The fact is he didn't even make an attempt to avoid the racing line

He said on the radio himself, 'if I went left he would have got past'. That shows he could have gone left he's just making an excuse

Having said that I'm not sure he deserved a 5 second penalty but I think it was his fault and he could have done it better.
Last edited by Alonso Fan on Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MVRC - SHM Racing

SmallSoldier
85
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:54 am

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post by SmallSoldier » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:01 pm

Darth-Piekus wrote:I feel really bad for Vettel today. Such an irony seeing Ferrari not being the favorite of the FIA anymore now that Max Mosley left. Vettel now knows how Lewis felt when that win in Spa back at 2008 was stolen from him.
I do too... But, I don’t think in conspiracy theories and “favoritisms”... Inconsistency, yes... But, not purposely helping a team.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Darth-Piekus
14
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:27 pm
Location: Greece

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post by Darth-Piekus » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:02 pm

So whats the Constructors standings now?

Emag
17
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:56 pm

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post by Emag » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:03 pm

Darth-Piekus wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:02 pm
So whats the Constructors standings now?
McLaren 4th 30 points
Renault 5th 28 points

SmallSoldier
85
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:54 am

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post by SmallSoldier » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:04 pm

Alonso Fan wrote:
Darth-Piekus wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:55 pm
I feel really bad for Vettel today. Such an irony seeing Ferrari not being the favorite of the FIA anymore now that Max Mosley left.
I know it's off topic but I don't feel sorry for him.

He didn't even attempt to stay off the racing line, no left input on the wheel at all. Maybe if he had attempted to steer left while rejoining the track and then understeer Ed into the rwxing line and caused hamilton to brake, perhaps then the stewards would have looked at the incident differently.

The fact is he didn't even make an attempt to avoid the racing line

He said on the radio himself, 'if I went left he would have got past'. That shows he could have gone left he's just making an excuse

Having said that I'm not sure he deserved a 5 second penalty but I think it was his fault and he could have done it better.
No, if you are going through the grass you don’t “turn the wheel”, you want to try and keep it as straight as possible since it will be way worst.

And I will have to hear the radio again, because I understood that he said “if he would have gone on the left, he would have passed”... Meaning that Lewis could have overtaken him through the left.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bauc
71
User avatar
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:03 am
Location: Skopje, Macedonia

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post by bauc » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:06 pm

A race to forget, we had the pace for points but SAI went into the pit too early due to overheating problem and NOR retired, it just was not our day today.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Alonso Fan
43
User avatar
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:21 pm

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post by Alonso Fan » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:06 pm

SmallSoldier wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:04 pm
Alonso Fan wrote:
Darth-Piekus wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:55 pm
I feel really bad for Vettel today. Such an irony seeing Ferrari not being the favorite of the FIA anymore now that Max Mosley left.
I know it's off topic but I don't feel sorry for him.

He didn't even attempt to stay off the racing line, no left input on the wheel at all. Maybe if he had attempted to steer left while rejoining the track and then understeer Ed into the rwxing line and caused hamilton to brake, perhaps then the stewards would have looked at the incident differently.

The fact is he didn't even make an attempt to avoid the racing line

He said on the radio himself, 'if I went left he would have got past'. That shows he could have gone left he's just making an excuse

Having said that I'm not sure he deserved a 5 second penalty but I think it was his fault and he could have done it better.
No, if you are going through the grass you don’t “turn the wheel”, you want to try and keep it as straight as possible since it will be way worst.

And I will have to hear the radio again, because I understood that he said “if he would have gone on the left, he would have passed”... Meaning that Lewis could have overtaken him through the left.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
If you turn the wheel on the grass in that kind of car you'll most likely understeer (as long as you don't give it any throttle whatsoever) , I. E. No harm done but attempt to avoid shown.

I can prove it on a simulator like AC with the RSS formula hybrid but we'll leave that for another thread
MVRC - SHM Racing

Darth-Piekus
14
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:27 pm
Location: Greece

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post by Darth-Piekus » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:08 pm

I am just waiting for some specific neighsayers to appear and tell us how much Mclaren sucks for not dominating the other midfields for just one race. I wonder how much time will it take.

Alonso Fan
43
User avatar
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:21 pm

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post by Alonso Fan » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:10 pm

Pace was good this race, next races give us something to look forward to.

But my they've chucked away soo many points this year already, whether through mechanical failure or driver error.
MVRC - SHM Racing

Emag
17
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:56 pm

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post by Emag » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:10 pm

It will be hard to keep 4th until the end of the season, because Renault is not a weak team. However there are many races to go, I am sure both McLaren and Renault will continue developing their cars, so it will be a matter of who invests more and who has more potential for development in the end.

GhostF1
154
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:11 am

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post by GhostF1 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:14 pm

NiyolHuayra wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:29 pm
Where are all those HAAS and Torro Rosso are faster then McLaren now?
Kvyat has your answer.

Mansell89
18
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:21 pm

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post by Mansell89 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:16 pm

Think McLarens race was cooked due to their tyre choices for the weekend unfortunately.