2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
PhillipM
PhillipM

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Nobody is going to go all that fast probably until the end of P3 or even qualifying - the track is too green and with the light rain it's gone greasy and it's not rubbering in yet, that's why everyone is sliding all over the place

Nivedanm
Nivedanm

Norris was also running with high fuel. They wanted to practice with full fuel load for practicing starts on the grid after the session. There was also word about starting long runs. I suspect they tried new bits on both cars in FP1, will focus on long runs in FP2 and will do qualm sims only at the end of FP2.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

I heard Eddie Jordan is at it again. Read on the autosport forum he claims to have some interesting news about McLaren, which he’ll save till Sunday. He says they’ll hate him for sharing, but he’ll do it anyway.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

bauc

Ground Effect wrote:
12 Jul 2019, 13:48
I heard Eddie Jordan is at it again. Read on the autosport forum he claims to have some interesting news about McLaren, which he’ll save till Sunday. He says they’ll hate him for sharing, but he’ll do it anyway.
Ahh Eddie, what are you up to now? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

martinbeiker
martinbeiker

bauc wrote:
12 Jul 2019, 14:00
Ground Effect wrote:
Ahh Eddie, what are you up to now? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Williams Renault and McLaren Mercedes perhaps?

bauc

From motosport live

Earlier, we spotted McLaren mechanics carrying what seemed to be a new floor through the pitlane, presumably mumbling "to me, to you" in their heads as they avoided the hustle and bustle of the paddock.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

PhillipM
PhillipM

I'm afraid these days it'd just be "To me, to me" - RIP Barry.

McL-H
McL-H

Ground Effect wrote:
He hates McLaren so much, he'll take any chance he gets to hit us. I can't blame him, as it must have been a hell for Eddie to see McLaren doing so well these last few races.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

McL-H wrote:
12 Jul 2019, 15:23
Ground Effect wrote:
He hates McLaren so much, he'll take any chance he gets to hit us. I can't blame him, as it must have been a hell for Eddie to see McLaren doing so well these last few races.
Well, according to the post, he used the word “gem”, which makes it sound positive? But you never know with Jordan. He’s revealed some major scoops and also some big nothing burgers, so there’s no guarantee whatever he says will be accurate.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

No word on Lando taking the B Spec?

Xero

Ground Effect wrote:
12 Jul 2019, 16:18
No word on Lando taking the B Spec?

Nope, only a handful of new MGU-Ks taken this weekend.

Xero

Pace looks decent again this weekend. The soft tyres not looking great at this stage, so I wonder if there's enough pace to get to Q3 on the mediums? Would be tight, but maybe worth a punt on the first Q2 run, and having them bail on the second run on softs if it works out. Track still looking pretty green though, so it could all change.

M840TR
M840TR

Xero wrote:
12 Jul 2019, 16:38
Pace looks decent again this weekend. The soft tyres not looking great at this stage, so I wonder if there's enough pace to get to Q3 on the mediums? Would be tight, but maybe worth a punt on the first Q2 run, and having them bail on the second run on softs if it works out. Track still looking pretty green though, so it could all change.
I think neither driver ran all the upgrades as well, so there might be even more pace in it despite being 0.4 sec ahead of P9.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Xero wrote:
12 Jul 2019, 16:38
How did their race pace stack up against the rest of the midfield?

Xero

Ground Effect wrote:
12 Jul 2019, 16:58
How did their race pace stack up against the rest of the midfield?
Was hard to judge from watching, and the laptimes haven't been published yet from the FIA. Will keep checking.