2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Big Tea

Re: 2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Capharol and gibells.

I mean as far as Ferrari are concerned and getting value from him. The name of Senna did carry some weight in his early years and until he is shown not to have it (if that ever becomes the case) he will be a valuable asset to Ferrari's PR department. He can do much to make a visit to a Ferrari sales jolly more attractive even if he has never driven a F1 car.
I think they can happily spend 5-10 million on him on the off chance he makes it, as they would only have to shell out on pop stars and other celebrities instead without the 'jackpot' option at the end
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Sevach
Sevach

Capharol wrote:
19 Jan 2019, 23:20
Manoah2u wrote:
19 Jan 2019, 20:22
GPR -A wrote:
19 Jan 2019, 17:47
It's official. Mick Schumacher joins Ferrari as a junior driver.

Ferrari adds Schumacher to F1 junior programme
interesting. i would have expected Mick to go with Mercedes or RedBull instead. perhaps even renault.
this is a bold move. he's gonna be under a magnifying glass anyway, but with Ferrari, that'gonna be even double.
Michael has a bigger history with Ferrari as with any other team, so no real suprise here
(although i would have liked to see him in 1 team with Hamilton or Verstappen)
He did team up with Verstappen :lol:

Different eras...

Capharol
Capharol

:lol: :lol:
Sevach wrote:
22 Jan 2019, 18:47
Capharol wrote:
19 Jan 2019, 23:20
Manoah2u wrote:
19 Jan 2019, 20:22

interesting. i would have expected Mick to go with Mercedes or RedBull instead. perhaps even renault.
this is a bold move. he's gonna be under a magnifying glass anyway, but with Ferrari, that'gonna be even double.
Michael has a bigger history with Ferrari as with any other team, so no real suprise here
(although i would have liked to see him in 1 team with Hamilton or Verstappen)
He did team up with Verstappen :lol:

Different eras...
:lol: :lol: 8)
(you know i meant Mick)

Vasconia

gibells wrote:
22 Jan 2019, 10:19
Big Tea wrote:
21 Jan 2019, 16:47

The name will still have a big pull even if Mick never makes it. He will be an asset to Ferrari irrespective of his on track performance. Win-win.
Hmm, I'm not so sure. It's all very romantic, but I'm thinking along the lines of Bruno Senna here. It's obvious his name has opened doors for him, but unless he can show the ravenous hunger his father showed, I'm pretty sure the door might kick him on the way out.
Indeed, being a Schumacher gives you the chance of receiving more atention and having some doors opened. But to go through those doors you need results(F3 win) and if he wants to go to F1 and stay there he will need results. So step by step.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

offtopic, probably deserving it's own topic, but - What more is to come btw?

there was Damon Hill, son of Graham Hill, both successfull. unfortunately we'll never know what would have happened to Josh Hill, Damon's son.
there was Jaques Villeneuve, son of Gilles Villeneuve. both successful. Is there a younger Villeneuve on it's way?
there was Nico Rosberg, son of Keke Rosberg, both successful.
there was Bruno Senna, nephew of the super-legendary Ayrton Senna, only Bruno gained zero success in F1.
there was Piquet Jr, son of the very successfull Nelson Piquet jr, but junior didn't have his father's talent.
there was Michael Andretti, the very untalented son of Mario Andretti,
there were Jack and Gary brabham, far from the talent of Jack Brabham,
there was Joylon Palmer, the even less talented son of the already non-talented Jonathan Palmer,
there was aswell Marcus Winkelhock, son of Manfred Winkelhock, with the son only driving 1 f1 race.
there was, if i recall right, also Kazuka Nakajima and his dad whose name i have forgotten.

there's Kevin Magnussen, the not really successfull son of the not so really successfull Jan Magnussen.
there is Max Verstappen, more successfull son of the lesser successfull Jos Verstappen.
there's Carlos Sainz Jr., son of Carlos Sainz sr.

There's now Mick Schumacher coming up, son of the legendary Michael Schumacher,
and if i'm not mistaken also Ralf Schumacher, the not-so-legendary but still pretty good brother of Michael, his son is on his way?
there's Guiliano Alesi on it's way, son of Jean Alesi, a pretty darn good F1 driver but never got the success he possibly should have reached.
there's Pietro Fittipaldi, the grandson of successfull Emmerson Fittipaldi, also making his way up the ranks.
Pedro Piquet, Nelson's other son i believe is also coming up the lines.

so are there more coming up than these 5 and can we expect a name revival in F1 in the near future?

i know Prost's son wasn't talented enough to enter the ranks of F1.
But who more are we missing?
Didn't Rubens have a son, aswell as Kimi?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Capharol
Capharol

Manoah2u wrote:
23 Jan 2019, 18:41
Didn't Rubens have a son, aswell as Kimi?
the son of Rubens you mean Eduardo probably, yes he started last year or so

kebab
kebab

Manoah2u wrote:
23 Jan 2019, 18:41
and if i'm not mistaken also Ralf Schumacher, the not-so-legendary but still pretty good brother of Michael, his son is on his way?
Ralf's son is David and he's taking part in the Asian F3 Winter seri, and if you watched the seri you could say that David is not fast and nowhere near his father level. Perhaps it's due to the reason that David is not into racing by his choice.

Morteza

So now they have Wehrlein and Hartley as simulator drivers, very interesting.
https://twitter.com/Motorsport/status/1 ... 2703669248
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

here ya go
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

wesley123
wesley123

This is gonna be the year of awful, illogical liveries I guess. At least Mission Winnow is much less visible this way
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

sebastian.vidu
sebastian.vidu

wesley123 wrote:This is gonna be the year of awful, illogical liveries I guess. At least Mission Winnow is much less visible this way
Everytime I read it is mission minnion

Sent from my HTC One M9PLUS using Tapatalk

F1NAC

Lol :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

NathanOlder

So the SF90.... to me the paint looks like my first car. A 1992 Ford Fiesta in Radiant Red. The paint had faded as it had been it sun too long. SF90 should have been what they put on it, Sun Factor 90 to protect the paint 😂
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

NathanOlder

That picture speaks volumes to me. Golden boy in the middle. Mr let down stuck out on the side.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC