2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Writinglife

Re: 2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

My feeling is Vettel is very consistent when the car is in the sweet spot for his driving style. It's when the car isn't under him that he appears to start to have problems and when things go wrong, he's more prone to errors. He's proven he can come back from mishaps in the race, but occasionally he suffers from the red mist and will blame others for his own mistakes. This shows that also has a anger management issue that appears from time to time when in the car and the pressure is really on. There have been several instances where he was lucky to receive very light punishments for this behaviour.

The earlier comments regarding Vettel playing politics within the team are accurate. and Ferrari, traditionally, are not good at handling these combinations.

Vettel is completely capable of winning another championship, if the car and team are to his liking. Sadly, Ferrari's leadership since the Schumacher era are not as stable as they once were. Their influence over the FIA also appears to have diminished considerably in the last decade. However, they are far from being outside of the top 3 and are fully able to win.

Please bear in mind that this is just a personal opinion and doesn't detract from the fact that vettel is a proven champion with RBR.

.poz

S.F. will not renew Maurizio Arrivabene contract as TP. Mattia Binotto, actual technical director will take Arrivabene place.

BwajSF

.poz wrote:
07 Jan 2019, 11:00
S.F. will not renew Maurizio Arrivabene contract as TP. Mattia Binotto, actual technical director will take Arrivabene place.
This was coming...Maurizio Arrivabene did his job well managing ferrari from the slupms of 2014 to being it to levels of 2017 n 2018.. but lacked the final nail in the coffin to win the championship.. Its Nice to have a change which is just an adjustment of the role..rather than having a completely new person in taking time to learn the team etc..

Mattia has grown from the lower ranks in this team and the team is his home n everyone knows him inside the team.. As a Fellow TIFOSI i support the decision of the team completely..

P.S. Maurizio is 62.. its about time we get our young guys out ...

lio007

hm...maybe Simone Resta has to come back from Sauber.

MtthsMlw

Also some reports that Laurent Mekies will be the new technical director.

F1NAC

That would be strong and young lineup there... I' ve thought that he would replace Clear as Clear will be CL race engineer.. who will then fill this position?

lio007

LM10

So, Mattia Binotto is team principal as well as technical boss now?

lio007

LM10 wrote:
07 Jan 2019, 19:48
Seems to be the case...a big task if you ask me.

aleks_ader

lio007 wrote:
07 Jan 2019, 19:54
LM10 wrote:
07 Jan 2019, 19:48
Seems to be the case...a big task if you ask me.
Not if you had around right people. This is pretty young technical and sporting leadership. Maybe Mattias more pragmatic approach will do wonders to this team. Has he support from his fellow engineers? I could see it has. I draw many parallels to Mauro Foghierri in 70s. This technical department is brave and pretty innovative last seasons. Yes they just mess up the ending of this season. But that is fine line between price or punishment for "pushing the boundaries" of car design.
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

TAG

Arrivederci Arrivabene.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

Sevach

Arrivabene Maleritorno

Sorry terrible Italian, awful joke.

bill shoe

Crazy. Pains me to give credit to an ex Marlboro marketing rep, but Arrivabene clearly turned that team around and had it running consistently better than either of his two predecessors. The only shortcoming of Ferrari 2018 was that they were not quite-quite-quite as good as the Mercedes team. And the Mercedes F1 team, including the engine group, is probably an all-time great human technical organization.

f1316

bill shoe wrote:
08 Jan 2019, 02:09
Crazy. Pains me to give credit to an ex Marlboro marketing rep, but Arrivabene clearly turned that team around and had it running consistently better than either of his two predecessors. The only shortcoming of Ferrari 2018 was that they were not quite-quite-quite as good as the Mercedes team. And the Mercedes F1 team, including the engine group, is probably an all-time great human technical organization.
Or did Marchionne turn it around, only for things to suddenly crumble when he was no longer around to lead?

GrandAxe

The timing of the change of technical director seems somewhat odd. One would have expected it to come at the end of the season, before Arrivabene's plans for the new season had any chance of hardening. This is a hectic period with the unveiling of the 2019 car only a month away, yet suddenly the captain of the ship is changing. If Arrivabene had given any of the drivers in the new lineup (or any other team members) his personal assurances, that is also out the window.

I hope this is not a sign of confusion and wish Ferrari the best for 2019.