2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.

wickedz50

Re: 2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Why build an answerless car in first place? stick to what you know than trying to experiment and fail miserably trying to solve the riddle that is self created. The guy in charge of this ferrari team is as incompetent like this TD, such statements are embaressment to the entire FIAT org, 12 years of trying and failing shamelessly...take a break Ferrari...quit F1 and join Formula E...may be that puzzle you can solve and not this one

McMika98

Blame the poor setup on reserve sim driver Hartley who is too slow. Last year they gained seconds overnight. Cant find the direction on a track where they have tons of data, that is poor. I dont think its the car or aero, its just a slow sim driver messing up the setup. Ocon on the otherhand is excelling.
Last edited by McMika98 on 12 May 2019, 22:36, edited 1 time in total.

LM10

I've read the italian article on Motorsport of Binotto's words after the race and there was no such a sentence. He didn't tell anything about downforce, tyre management, balance or concept. He just told that both drivers complained about understeer in slow corners. They're aware of the car being incompetitive in slower corners, but they don't have answers yet.

dtro

wickedz50 wrote:
12 May 2019, 22:27
Why build an answerless car in first place? stick to what you know than trying to experiment and fail miserably trying to solve the riddle that is self created. The guy in charge of this ferrari team is as incompetent like this TD, such statements are embaressment to the entire FIAT org, 12 years of trying and failing shamelessly...take a break Ferrari...quit F1 and join Formula E...may be that puzzle you can solve and not this one
Well in Mattia's defense, he was more of a behind the scenes kind of dude. The guy in his spot last year was fired because he was too mean to the journos. He would've probably chugged down a cigarette and just blew smoke up their ..... Seems a bit off to blame their struggle on one dude. Hell he ain't even driving the car. Vettel lacks motivation when it seems to matter and lacks competence when it seems to matter as well. LeClerc is still at best a diamond in the rough. The last guy that won them a WDC was replaced immediately.

Frankly, they deserve this. Mattia didn't fire Kimi as far as I recall. 8)

McMika98

LM10 wrote:
12 May 2019, 22:36
I've read the italian article on Motorsport of Binotto's words after the race and there was no such a sentence. He didn't tell anything about downforce, tyre management, balance or concept. He just told that both drivers complained about understeer in slow corners. They're aware of the car being incompetitive in slower corners, but they don't have answers yet.
On channel 4 Binotto said the same thing, he said its understeering at slow corners which he thinks is due to the tyres. When asked about Monaco abd their slow corners he was positive in that they will have softer tyres so might not have the issue there.

LM10

wickedz50 wrote:
You must have missed 2017 when it was Mercedes not understanding the car and admitting it. What's embarrassing about that?

Scorpaguy

Bino seems a bit delusional. First he needs to comprehend he is racing the RB's (and getting beaten)...the Merc's are out of reach. A podium was possible today with common sense strategy calls made at the proper time...not 4-5 laps late. Their strategy in races 1, 3, and 5 seems chaotic and confused.

As for their supposed engine advantage...i am not buying that. On par with others i would say...i fear the lack of downforce induced drag just makes it seem fast on the straights. Those supposedly "good" numbers do not show up until mid/end of the straight...i do not see a grunt/leap out of corners (albeit which their speed is slower anyway).

I know i have said this before, but Arri was the man for the job this year, he is a fighter. As for now, some one needs to tell Bino:
1. to fight the RBs, not the Mercs

2. to tell Seb to realize the WDC and WCC are over, they are fighting for their reputation at this point...so sit down, shut up, and follow team orders-fastest car/driver gets the nod.

3. to tell Lec, the Ferrari is a might ways better than the Sauber...so sit down, shut up, and follow team orders-fastest driver gets the nod

This could be a very embarrassing year.

LM10

Scorpaguy wrote:
12 May 2019, 22:52
As for their supposed engine advantage...i am not buying that. On par with others i would say...i fear the lack of downforce induced drag just makes it seem fast on the straights. Those supposedly "good" numbers do not show up until mid/end of the straight...i do not see a grunt/leap out of corners (albeit which their speed is slower anyway).
Ferrari don't have a lack of downforce. They are at least on par with Mercedes in high speed corners. I don't know what you need there, if not downforce.
As for Barcelona, look at the size their rear wing had.

dans79

LM10 wrote:
12 May 2019, 23:41
Scorpaguy wrote:
Ferrari don't have a lack of downforce. They are at least on par with Mercedes in high speed corners. I don't know what you need there, if not downforce.
almost every car on the grid has enough downforce in high-speed corners. Lack of downforce shows up in slow speed corners, and top speed on the straits.
197 104 103 7

TAG

LM10 wrote:
12 May 2019, 22:40
wickedz50 wrote:
You must have missed 2017 when it was Mercedes not understanding the car and admitting it. What's embarrassing about that?
It's easier to admit when you've won three on the trot. Ferrari don't have that luxury.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

LM10

dans79 wrote:
12 May 2019, 23:56
LM10 wrote:
12 May 2019, 23:41
Scorpaguy wrote:
almost every car on the grid has enough downforce in high-speed corners. Lack of downforce shows up in slow speed corners, and top speed on the straits.
However, lack of downforce is just one of many other possible options making you slow in slow speed corners. Or do you think Mercedes was lacking downforce in 2017 and first half of 2018? I don't think so.

LM10

TAG wrote:
13 May 2019, 01:24
LM10 wrote:
12 May 2019, 22:40
wickedz50 wrote:
It's easier to admit when you've won three on the trot. Ferrari don't have that luxury.
Mercedes was having trouble understanding the tyres and car after rule changes. Now it's Ferrari.
If anything, it's embarrassing to admit such a thing having won and shown the world that you're a title winning team. But in my opinion, it's not embarrassing in any direction.

LM10

Vettel on team radio:

Vettel: "Are we on different strategies?"
Engineer: "Yes, we are."
Vettel: "Well, what are we doing then?"

You were not the only one asking yourself, Seb...