2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Zynerji

Re: 2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

dans79 wrote:
28 May 2019, 20:19
Big Tea wrote:
28 May 2019, 20:08
izzy wrote:
28 May 2019, 20:03

well it's someone reporting someone reporting a rumour that something might happen, so i'd say not to trust it. i mean Seb might, obviously, and he might not, obviously :)
I can see him wanting to go back to RBR???
His Ferrari contract runs through 2020! To go back to RBR he would have to buy out his contract, or sit out a year. Both scenarios are very unlikely!
That's what everyone said about Kimi in 2009...

Manoah2u

Big Tea wrote:
28 May 2019, 20:08
izzy wrote:
28 May 2019, 20:03
selvam_e2002 wrote:
28 May 2019, 19:20
There is a news in gptoday that Vettell going to quit f1 end of this year. Not sure whether we can trust it or not.
well it's someone reporting someone reporting a rumour that something might happen, so i'd say not to trust it. i mean Seb might, obviously, and he might not, obviously :)
I can see him wanting to go back to RBR???
RBR doesn't want him, they have Verstappen, and Albon is going to replace Gasly's seat next year without a single doubt. hell, if he goes on like this, he might even take Gasly's seat midseason and they'd do a Kvyat on Gasly.

Vettel should have gone to Mercedes, like Alonso should have. They both have made big career mistakes after having fantastic success. I can see Vettel going the exact same route as Alonso if he doesn't calls it quits in F1 before that.
Either way, he indeed has nowhere to go. Only Mercedes is an option for him, but Mercedes won't feel the same.

They have Hamilton-Bottas which works absolutely perfectly, better even than Hamilton Rosberg, which was an amazing pairing looking at it a few years on. Hamilton does want to go to Ferrari, but there has to be some changes there first. A switch offcourse could perhaps happen, but then still, i think if Hamilton is to leave Mercedes,
then Toto and co are probably first and foremost looking to replace him with either Verstappen or Ocon before Seb.
In another twist Hamilton switches seats with LeClerc and Vettel gets his ass handed to him.

Hamilton would be perfect for Ferrari. But hey, that's for 2021 at the best.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

dans79

Zynerji wrote:
28 May 2019, 20:25
What? this sentence makes no sense.
197 104 103 7

Zynerji

dans79 wrote:
28 May 2019, 20:40
Zynerji wrote:
Everyone said it would be unlikely that Ferrari would buy Kimi out of 2010, but it happened.

You said it would never happen to Sebastian, I was pointing out that it has happened before.

dans79

Zynerji wrote:
28 May 2019, 21:37
dans79 wrote:
28 May 2019, 20:40
Zynerji wrote:
Everyone said it would be unlikely that Ferrari would buy Kimi out of 2010, but it happened.

You said it would never happen to Sebastian, I was pointing out that it has happened before.
I said he (Seb), would have to buy his contract out if he wanted to go back to RBR.

That's not anywhere close to Ferrari paying to make a drive go away because they wanted a different top driver who also brought a major sponsor (Santander) with him. Not to mention Kimi sat out 2 years.

Ferrari fired Prost and still paid him a substantial amount of money to sit out 92, so no competitor could employee him.

Unless someone shells out 45+ million, I see no realistic way Seb drives for any team but Ferrari before 2021.
197 104 103 7

Schuttelberg

Don't see the point of Vettel going back to Red Bull. I think he will either go home, or stay and try to win a title with the reds.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

munudeges

Zynerji wrote:
Different circumstances. Santander paid for that.

munudeges

izzy wrote:
28 May 2019, 20:15
Ferrari had James Allison, Jock Clear, Pat Fry, they tried to get Adrian Newey and Andy Cowell.....
Of course they did, and once they've got themselves some success and they feel they're heading in the right direction these people get pushed out politically and the message is "Thanks, we'll take it from here." It's exactly what happened to James Allison and exactly why they find themselves all at sea right now. It's exactly what happened post Jean Todt.

.....and they've hardly ever had an Italian driver, even one, so i don't think we can say they're too madly nationalistic can we?
There aren't any Italian drivers. Certainly no good ones.

wickedz50

Schuttelberg wrote:
29 May 2019, 10:54
Don't see the point of Vettel going back to Red Bull. I think he will either go home, or stay and try to win a title with the reds.
I agree Vettel will stay put and try winning a title with Ferrari, not many star drivers apart from Micheal managed to win big with Ferrari. Lewis like Senna may not ever drive a Ferrari so this status quo 2nd for Ferrari will likely to continue.

Phil

Or he'll just stay put period. Enjoy the ride, enjoy the salary, enjoy driving for the most prestigious team in F1, perhaps the planet until his contract runs out until he might leave F1 or... sign an extension.

Even if he is beaten by Leclerc - who cares? Alonso was beaten by Lewis. Lewis was beaten by Rosberg. Kimi was beaten by pretty much everyone at some point. Just because at one point or another, your team-mate might be better/stronger, doesn't mean he'll remain that or that it's some certainty that is unchangeable. If that logic had prevailed, Rosberg would never have won a championship. (And please, for the love of god, do not bring up Lewis's technical issues etc, we know all that already).
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

izzy

munudeges wrote:
29 May 2019, 12:21
izzy wrote:
28 May 2019, 20:15
Ferrari had James Allison, Jock Clear, Pat Fry, they tried to get Adrian Newey and Andy Cowell.....
Of course they did, and once they've got themselves some success and they feel they're heading in the right direction these people get pushed out politically and the message is "Thanks, we'll take it from here." It's exactly what happened to James Allison and exactly why they find themselves all at sea right now. It's exactly what happened post Jean Todt.

.....and they've hardly ever had an Italian driver, even one, so i don't think we can say they're too madly nationalistic can we?
There aren't any Italian drivers. Certainly no good ones.
James Allison chose to leave, after his wife died and because Arrivabene kept looking over his shoulder setting him targets and he didn't believe in targets. Jock Clear is still there. Pat Fry got kicked out along with Nikolas Tombazis (who is Greek) and Fernando Alonso in 2014 because of the failure, not success. They kicked out Italian Aldo Costa to make way for the Brit in the first place.

Yes there aren't any great Italian drivers atm and they have tried with Giovinazzi but still their drivers have been Germans, Finns, French, Brits, whatever. So i don't think you can say Ferrari are rabidly nationalistic and that's the cause of their problems. If anything they've tried going international to solve their problems, and now they have a Swiss guy running it

munudeges

izzy wrote:
29 May 2019, 12:58
James Allison chose to leave, after his wife died and because Arrivabene kept looking over his shoulder setting him targets and he didn't believe in targets.
That's the official 'reason', not that there ever really was one, but I'm afraid if you are going to believe official reasons at face value then Formula 1 is going to perpetually confuse you I'm afraid as will Ferrari's continued lack of any kind of ability to compete with Mercedes, let alone win. They had a bunch of idiots in the background who thought they could ride on the coat-tails of what he had put in place and in typical Ferrari fashion said 'we'll take it from here'. Marchionne decided to listen to the political idiots in the team rather than his Technical Director.

Look where James Allison is now relative to Ferrari. Ferrari like their scapegoats, but what always rankles with them is seeing a bunch of foreigners coming into the team and having any kind of success. They always believe they can stand on the shoulders of others once the work appears to have been done. Unless that is purged from the team by uplifting it out of Maranello then nothing will ever change.

santos

munudeges wrote:
29 May 2019, 15:35

Look where James Allison is now relative to Ferrari.

Where is he? Did he build a team and won a championship? No, he is at a team that was already winning when he arrived.
So where was he before going to Ferrari? At team that was winning championships? No. It's about a team, not one guy.

GPR-A

santos wrote:
29 May 2019, 15:48
munudeges wrote:

Where is he? Did he build a team and won a championship? No, he is at a team that was already winning when he arrived.
So where was he before going to Ferrari? At team that was winning championships? No. It's about a team, not one guy.
Sure it's about a team, but someone thought it's an individual who builds a car.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=27429&p=778842&hil ... on#p778842

santos

GPR -A wrote:
29 May 2019, 16:15
santos wrote:
29 May 2019, 15:48
munudeges wrote:

Sure it's about a team, but someone thought it's an individual who builds a car.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=27429&p=778842&hil ... on#p778842

https://i.screenshot.net/6mzj1iw
Damn, you must have a lot of free time to dig old posts. I remind writting that. I was pissed with speach that he did about Ferrari at the time. But still, i don't think that Ferrari became worst without him.