2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Midi

Re: 2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Espresso wrote:
29 Jul 2019, 10:00

//

To end Charles..what a bloody remark to first (seemingly) take the blame. Then secondly decide to blame it on the circuit..."Whats a dragstrip doing there...if it was normal asfalt I could have got back on track."

Wake up Charles...If you take the blame 100%....don't find any stupid excuse.
off-track=off-track, no other excuse. Next year in Zandvoort......no asfalt, you can blame the FIA and the Italian track architects for that....
Yes Charles made a few mistakes and the final one cost him his race but its not that no one else made mistakes and in my opinion he clearly stated he was to blame in the first place. So no reason to overreact.

Jambier

Leclerc is the future of Ferrari; no doubt

He is making rookies mistake... Like Verstappen did.
But this is only his first half season in a Ferrari

Give the boy a bit of time. I'm sure by the end of 2020 we will see a much different driver, leading the Scuderia.

Midi

On topic, please let the rumours of Aldo Costa returning to Ferrari be true. I think under the management of Binotto he could be a very strong asset to the team.

Big Mangalhit

Espresso wrote:
This thread is getting rusty....

And Charles need some anger management and learn some skills from Seb.

lol he was actually so calm and composed especially for his age. Just compare Vet crash last year with Lec this year in what they said and body language and how Vet made stupid mistake almost every race after that cause he his a driver that needs to be ahead to stay in control and doesn't know how to chase that well as the other top drivers.

Also his comments on the strip were after seeing that something like 6 cars did exactly the same, including Hamilton (I guess also a terrible wet driver by your logic) in the best car of the grid while the race was on a safety car period and LEC was still walking on the track. So yeah I would agree with him it was actually dangerous. Can you imgaine walking on the track and seeing another car hit the barrier you are next to!!!!

waynes

Espresso wrote:

learning fast 8)

more bothered about Leclercs mental strength. Seems to get "down" quite easily, and whilst i understand he's still young he needs to stop being so hard on himself.

Espresso

Midi wrote:
29 Jul 2019, 10:17
Espresso wrote:

//

To end Charles..what a bloody remark to first (seemingly) take the blame. Then secondly decide to blame it on the circuit..."Whats a dragstrip doing there...if it was normal asfalt I could have got back on track."

off-track=off-track, no other excuse. Next year in Zandvoort......no asfalt, you can blame the FIA and the Italian track architects for that....
Yes Charles made a few mistakes and the final one cost him his race but its not that no one else made mistakes and in my opinion he clearly stated he was to blame in the first place. So no reason to overreact.
Not overreacting, just reacting. and well you left out the crucial part of the quote:
"Second Charles seems to make the same mistake repeatedly. And this fault is enhanced by this rain race in Hockenheim.
Clutching to his "dry race conditions accustomed fastest racing line". It was so clear he couldn't/wouldn't adapt his racing line or driving style. Hopefully he get's his wake up call and improve from here on.
"

Charles repeatedly, in that corner, went out a bit wide....and got lucky saving the car. After the third incident I stopped counting. I thought...he know's its slippery there. Don't get out of bounce there...
But he kept doing it and that last one was just one to much.
He had many chances (to learn) to take a 'more safe racing line' through that corner...
My point is and was...he doesn't learn from his own mistakes.

Yes at first Charles took the blame. But then he started flaming the Hockenheim circuit and saying that without that dragstrip he would have made the mistake and continued racing and would have not crashed the car.
No other explanation possible thats an attempt to revoke his excuse and just blame it on something else. 8)

Other then that....admit all other drivers together in the last 3 seasons have not cursed "so much, so loud and so often" as Charles has done this season. You just annot compare his explosions to any other driver.
And as @waynes mentioned so clear, that's a chapter in life he has to learn to become WDC.

And for the record: 'Yes Charles happiness explosions can just be as extreme' :wink:
Do you feel the need to post, comment or criticize in this forum?
Please substantiate (why, how, what) your reply!
This is no twitter or chatbox but a forum.

Stay friendly and keep away bashing, trolling & baiting from our wonderful technical forum. --> Forum Guide

Midi

Espresso wrote:
29 Jul 2019, 11:07
Not overreacting, just reacting. and well you left out the crucial part of the quote:
"Second Charles seems to make the same mistake repeatedly. And this fault is enhanced by this rain race in Hockenheim.
Clutching to his "dry race conditions accustomed fastest racing line". It was so clear he couldn't/wouldn't adapt his racing line or driving style. Hopefully he get's his wake up call and improve from here on.
"

Charles repeatedly, in that corner, went out a bit wide....and got lucky saving the car. After the third incident I stopped counting. I thought...he know's its slippery there. Don't get out of bounce there...
But he kept doing it and that last one was just one to much.
He had many chances (to learn) to take a 'more safe racing line' through that corner...
My point is and was...he doesn't learn from his own mistakes.

Yes at first Charles took the blame. But then he started flaming the Hockenheim circuit and saying that without that dragstrip he would have made the mistake and continued racing and would have not crashed the car.
No other explanation possible thats an attempt to revoke his excuse and just blame it on something else. 8)

Other then that....admit all other drivers together in the last 3 seasons have not cursed "so much, so loud and so often" as Charles has done this season. You just annot compare his explosions to any other driver.
And as @waynes mentioned so clear, that's a chapter in life he has to learn to become WDC.

And for the record: 'Yes Charles happiness explosions can just be as extreme' :wink:
[/quote]

Ok if you are that upset about it I cannot help you.

I agree he has still a lot to learn but I feel his "explosions" after mistakes have always been because he was angry with himself. He should be given time to develop just as Verstappen has done.

One could argue if Ferrari or any other top team is the place to do this learning but I think in the current F1 this is the only place to learn fast. Look at Ocon, quite talented driver but his career is not progressing at all at the moment.

Capharol

Midi wrote:
29 Jul 2019, 11:35

Ok if you are that upset about it I cannot help you.

I agree he has still a lot to learn but I feel his "explosions" after mistakes have always been because he was angry with himself. He should be given time to develop just as Verstappen has done.

One could argue if Ferrari or any other top team is the place to do this learning but I think in the current F1 this is the only place to learn fast. Look at Ocon, quite talented driver but his career is not progressing at all at the moment.
well that could be due to not driving a F1 car this year .... :wink: 8) :lol:

Wouter

Espresso wrote:
This thread is getting rusty....

Hockenheim. What a great drive from Seb. I'm happy how showed of his skills. I just love the way he bounced back.

First of all guiding the F4 drivers (including his little brother) through his paddock/Ferrari motor home at light speed and then answering zero questions to the press.
Amazing absent of media skills. Seb would have taken his time to do this.

Second Charles seems to make the same mistake repeatedly. And this fault is enhanced by this rain race in Hockenheim.

Well said @Espresso! =D>
The Power of Dreams!

Jolle

I don't think this is a weekend to blame Leclerc.

Ferrari had a bad weekend only saved by the fact other teams and drivers had a worse weekend. Both their cars broke down during qualifying and Vettel did had a solid drive to become second, but to be honest, he still was the last car of the works teams that stayed out of trouble. if Hamilton, Bottas and Leclerc wouldn't have crashed, he would be in P5.

If Ferrari uses this race as a sign that all their troubles are behind them, they are greatly mistaken.

Leclerc has the speed, he has that special ability that Hamilton and Verstappen also have, where he can race wheel to wheel while at full speed and just like Verstappen and Hamilton, it will take some experience to find his boundaries.

marvin78

Plus Ferrari made several mistakes at Pitstops. It cost Vettel and Leclerc positions.

gdanielwesley

marvin78 wrote:Plus Ferrari made several mistakes at Pitstops. It cost Vettel and Leclerc positions.
But for a change they were aggressive..it was very unusual to see them making bold decisions, but then again they had nothing to loose with Vettel.

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

Jolle

gdanielwesley wrote:
29 Jul 2019, 16:22
marvin78 wrote:Plus Ferrari made several mistakes at Pitstops. It cost Vettel and Leclerc positions.
But for a change they were aggressive..it was very unusual to see them making bold decisions, but then again they had nothing to loose with Vettel.

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk
But to be honest, with all the safety cars and being in a Ferrari, would a place lower than ahead of the midfield be a loss after qualifying?

Espresso

Midi wrote:

Lol, can't find the articles back, but two F1 pundits did remark last month that Red Bull should have taken time with Max and put him to fast in F1. And argued Red Bull should take an example of Ferrari and the way they guided Charles into a Ferrari seat only when he was ready for it.

I guess that conclusion is at the least questionable.

Charles is a hothead with a self-destructive character piling the pressure on himself. And sadly enough Ferrari is not a 'driver development arena' like Red Bull. I don't get the feeling he gets guided. He should get some effective anger management.
In my opinion he should take some wise advise from Rosberg or study how Rosberg did it to grow a sustainable chance of building a successful career in F1.
Do you feel the need to post, comment or criticize in this forum?
Please substantiate (why, how, what) your reply!
This is no twitter or chatbox but a forum.

Stay friendly and keep away bashing, trolling & baiting from our wonderful technical forum. --> Forum Guide

Capharol

Espresso wrote:
29 Jul 2019, 23:18
Midi wrote:

Lol, can't find the articles back, but two F1 pundits did remark last month that Red Bull should have taken time with Max and put him to fast in F1. And argued Red Bull should take an example of Ferrari and the way they guided Charles into a Ferrari seat only when he was ready for it.

I guess that conclusion is at the least questionable.

Charles is a hothead with a self-destructive character piling the pressure on himself. And sadly enough Ferrari is not a 'driver development arena' like Red Bull. I don't get the feeling he gets guided. He should get some effective anger management.
In my opinion he should take some wise advise from Rosberg or study how Rosberg did it to grow a sustainable chance of building a successful career in F1.
oh come on.... Verstappen wasn't any different, calling a steward "Moron", threatining the press to "Butthead someone", pushing and shoving Ocon ..... Drivers are humans and humans have emotion, it is even proven that it is bad not to let out your frustation .... so please let Leclerc be as he is or are we telling you to change ?