2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
loner

Re: 2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

para bellum.

Jambier

Great victory again :D

I hope there will be a another in USA and maybe Mexico

anzakerw

Remember on this day, Ferrari beat the Mercs on HARD tires. Brilliant, brilliant race. Well done Leclerc :D

Jambier

I'm actually very surprised with the pace of LEC in hard.

But it was the good pick, I think with medium he would have finished behind at least Bottas

gdanielwesley

Jambier wrote:I'm actually very surprised with the pace of LEC in hard.

But it was the good pick, I think with medium he would have finished behind at least Bottas
I don't think the pace was that good, the mercs were unable to pass due to Ferraris straight line speed...had the mercs taken the lead they would have gone into the distance...

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

e30ernest

Wow great job Leclerc! He soaked up that pressure really well. Impressive drive IMO. I love how he's now putting his elbows out.

As for Vettel... I made a joke that he'll spin off as soon as he got near enough to Bottas to make a pass and one lap later.... :D I honestly feel sorry for the guy. He's clearly not in the right head space these past few races. I hope he bounces back.
gdanielwesley wrote:
08 Sep 2019, 19:53
Jambier wrote:I'm actually very surprised with the pace of LEC in hard.

I don't think the pace was that good, the mercs were unable to pass due to Ferraris straight line speed...had the mercs taken the lead they would have gone into the distance...

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk
Yeah Ferrari's straight-line speed meant the Mercs were pushing more than they would have through the corners so they ate up their tires more. If we're honest, Spa and Monza were going to be damage limitation tracks for the Mercs this year, and IMO they've maximized what they could get from these two. While they always aim to win, I'm guessing that they would be happy with what they took home from those 2 races.

Scorpaguy

Had Big Red not been unlucky in Bahrain, Vet not gotten mugged by the FIA in Canada, and Lec not left the inside Barn Door open in Austria...2019 would simply be a bit disappointing. With Spa and Monza...at least it is not disastrous. One thing that Big Red can take solace in is the supposed engine gains of RB...they looked positively anemic today.

selvam_e2002

GPR -A wrote:
08 Sep 2019, 17:58
selvam_e2002 wrote:
08 Sep 2019, 17:38
Leclerc he is good where the care is good on the track. If the car is not suitable for a track, he is not performing. Take an example, monoco, AZERBAIJAN etc...

If Ferrari want to Win WDC and WCC, you need a all rounder driver.

It is better to bring back Alonso.
Leclerc was the fastest driver in Baku, until he made that crucial mistake in Q2. Otherwise, he was poised to win that one. Monaco, it was the team that screwed him in qualifying, where once again he looked stronger. Would he have beaten Lewis, can't guarantee, but a podium was certainly possible with his speed.

I like Alonso a lot. But any driver in a Ferrari, to beat Lewis and Mercedes combination is really tall order, even if the cars are equal. Even if Alonso comes back, he could fight at best, but it's not a certainty that he can beat the Lewis/Mercedes combo. Unless, Ferrari manages to build a car that is more than 3 tenths faster than Mercedes ON ALL CIRCUITS! If they do build a car like that, then Leclerc can do the job and it is not necessary to have Alonso!

The rate at which Leclerc is improving, I don't think Ferrari would look beyond him for a team leader. I would be happy to see Alonso back at Ferrari, but practically speaking, that is NOT going to happen.
Okay. I agree with you most of the feedback but, if Ferrari could prepare a car equal to Mercedes then there is a chance to beat Hamilton/Mercedes with strong driver in Ferrari.

I don't think we need 3 tenths > than mercedes. Equal car with Good driver can beat them.

Lecrec performance > Bottas

If Alonso with ferrari in 2020 then

Alonso == Hamilton.

some one need to put pressure on them to make mistake

so there is a chance 100% to win WDC and WCC in 2020 and beyond.

johnny vee

In an alternate universe where Alonso was in the Ferrari in 2018 I reckon he wouldn't have made the mistakes that Vettel made in the 1st half when Ferrari had the faster car over Mercedes. I'm not bashing Vettel, but I truly think Alonso could have given Ferrari a WDC last year. My option is Vettel needs the fastest car to win, just like Hamilton.

Ferrari must bring back Alonso.
"Because you didn't come here to make the choice, you've already made it. You're here to try to understand why you made it. I thought you'd have figured that out by now." The Oracle, Matrix Reloaded

ALO_Power

Juzh wrote:
08 Sep 2019, 17:06
ALO_Power wrote:
08 Sep 2019, 14:36
Do we know why Leclerc lifted off before the finish line on his pole lap? He lost some time there.
timing graphic is wrong. lap ends just before he lifts.
I guess the timing is wrong also on the start of the lap. So the start/finish line in qualifying in Monza is the first one under the podium, right?

Juzh

ALO_Power wrote:
09 Sep 2019, 10:17
Juzh wrote:
08 Sep 2019, 17:06
ALO_Power wrote:
08 Sep 2019, 14:36
Do we know why Leclerc lifted off before the finish line on his pole lap? He lost some time there.
timing graphic is wrong. lap ends just before he lifts.
So the start/finish line in qualifying in Monza is the first one under the podium, right?
yes

Jambier

johnny vee wrote:
09 Sep 2019, 10:11
In an alternate universe where Alonso was in the Ferrari in 2018 I reckon he wouldn't have made the mistakes that Vettel made in the 1st half when Ferrari had the faster car over Mercedes. I'm not bashing Vettel, but I truly think Alonso could have given Ferrari a WDC last year. My option is Vettel needs the fastest car to win, just like Hamilton.

Ferrari must bring back Alonso.
I'm an Alonso fan, but not sure this is the good idea.
They have Leclerc now.

But there is big question mark on the second drive. They can't have a Vettel in that kind of mood, performance.
There is a big question on who should they have in the second Ferrari...

RIC would be an excellent choice :D

santos

I really doubt that they will ditch Vettel before the end of the contract. And if they did, for sure is not Alonso.

Jolle

santos wrote:
09 Sep 2019, 12:41
I really doubt that they will ditch Vettel before the end of the contract. And if they did, for sure is not Alonso.
If he doesn't regain control of the team as a first driver, there will undoable be talks about his role next year. PM likes to have a WC but Leclerc is developing like crazy. Ferrari probably wants to break open his contract and offer him a "one year Kimi deal" instead of the privileges and money he gets now.

GPR-A

Ferrari has two options. One is slightly expensive, but a really good one, which is Ricciardo. Great team man, has a charm to get along even with a fiesty team mate and unquestionable race craft with really good one lap pace and brings a lot of experience. He has an exit clause in his Renault contract if a Merc or Ferrari offer come by, Renault has to let him go.

Russell is the second one. If Mercedes is not serious about offering Russell a race seat in the next couple of years, then it is better to let him go to Ferrari. He had only one target at Williams and that is to beat his team mate and he has done that with aplomb and with quite a margin. So far, has kept it clean and not got thrown away the car. Worthy of a top team drive.