2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
LM10

Re: 2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

GPR -A wrote:
28 Sep 2019, 15:49
Anyone else thinks they need Hamilton OR Verstappen in Ferrari? :)
Why? At some point it’s necessary to have a number 1 driver, if you want to be world champion. Leclerc and one of those drivers would likely make it harder to name a number 1 driver.

321apex

GPR -A wrote:
Leclerc's performance illustrates how much Vettel tends to "leave on the table" during his time at Ferrari. Alonso on the other hand was delivering more than the car potential at his disposal. Repeat Alonso at Maranello would along with Leclerk create a formidable pairing.

gdanielwesley

321apex wrote:
GPR -A wrote:
Leclerc's performance illustrates how much Vettel tends to "leave on the table" during his time at Ferrari. Alonso on the other hand was delivering more than the car potential at his disposal. Repeat Alonso at Maranello would along with Leclerk create a formidable pairing.
Vettel does not seem to have the drive to win, he has just lost it. Unless you put lec in the same car against max or ham you would not know if he is really good or Vettel has lost his speed.

When Alonso joined Ferrari I thought it was the holy grail like the time with ms in Ferrari. But it wasn't to be.

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

321apex

gdanielwesley wrote:
29 Sep 2019, 04:24
321apex wrote:
GPR -A wrote:
Vettel does not seem to have the drive to win, he has just lost it. Unless you put lec in the same car against max or ham you would not know if he is really good or Vettel has lost his speed.

When Alonso joined Ferrari I thought it was the holy grail like the time with ms in Ferrari. But it wasn't to be.

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk
Not wanting to read anybody's mind, objectively Leclerc is showing that the king has no clothes. Imagine Leclerc next year when he has 1 full season under his belt. If Vettel stays on at Scuderia in 2020, Leclerc will be mopping pavement making Vet no longer employable if you think 2019 is bad enough. Additionally, look at Kimi, current Leclerc perf. puts him in pretty bad light when he used to sweat and still play distant second fiddle to Vet, who himself is not (no longer, or perhaps never was) a top flight driver. So does Kimi like Leclerc?

loner

i don't get it why they wanted SV to give what he earned to CL ? why the team order?!!
para bellum.

Pany

Please Leclerc stop crying like a baby

Unf

loner wrote:
29 Sep 2019, 15:04
i don't get it why they wanted SV to give what he earned to CL ? why the team order?!!
LeCry said that was the plan - give a tow for Seb to be sure that he overtake Ham, and then switch again.

loner

Unf wrote:
29 Sep 2019, 15:06
loner wrote:
29 Sep 2019, 15:04
LeCry said that was the plan - give a tow for Seb to be sure that he overtake Ham, and then switch again.
oh i see in this case SV should of give it back.
para bellum.

ME4ME

Another great race by Vettel. He still has it in him, yet he needs to deliver consistently.

I feel that Leclerc's sense of entitlement has gone to his head. He needs to understand that there is more to it than great performance on a saturday. He'll learn, just like he did after Austria.

MtthsMlw

ME4ME wrote:
29 Sep 2019, 15:13
Another great race by Vettel. He still has it in him, yet he needs to deliver consistently.

I feel that Leclerc's sense of entitlement has gone to his head. He needs to understand that there is more to it than great performance on a saturday. He'll learn, just like he did after Austria.
Well today he had no chance to deliver, Ferrari didn't want him to win. His MGU-K (or ES/CE) issue just lost him P2.
Hoping they can do the last races on his first MGU-K so he doesn't get a penalty.

flexcon

Pany wrote:
29 Sep 2019, 15:05
Please Leclerc stop crying like a baby
The internet has accelerated the higher use of inflammatory language. It's unfortunate.

The man's heart rate is probably at 160 with balls of steel testosterone running through him, probably more of a man than you could ever attempt to be.

Was he Whinging a bit? Yes. Yes, he was.
Was he Crying like a baby? Absolutely not.

AMG.Tzan

Vettel was great today i have to say! Don't know what the strategy was, to give the place back or not but...Vettel's pace after getting the lead was really strong and he had no reason to give the place back since Leclerc was nowhere near him at all! It really reminded me of the Red Bull days where he was able to open a gap at the start of the race and get out of DRS range really quickly!

Leclerc on the other hand wasn't able to even follow Vettel closely...maybe that was what he was told to do but even after that he wasn't able to get by Bottas! I was expecting him to pass at least Bottas! Maybe he set up the car too much for Qualifying i don't know...
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

Jolle

AMG.Tzan wrote:
29 Sep 2019, 15:28
Vettel was great today i have to say! Don't know what the strategy was, to give the place back or not but...Vettel's pace after getting the lead was really strong and he had no reason to give the place back since Leclerc was nowhere near him at all! It really reminded me of the Red Bull days where he was able to open a gap at the start of the race and get out of DRS range really quickly!

Leclerc on the other hand wasn't able to even follow Vettel closely...maybe that was what he was told to do but even after that he wasn't able to get by Bottas! I was expecting him to pass at least Bottas! Maybe he set up the car too much for Qualifying i don't know...
The best and only reason he needed was that it was order by his boss.

FrukostScones

Jolle wrote:
29 Sep 2019, 17:54
AMG.Tzan wrote:
29 Sep 2019, 15:28

The best and only reason he needed was that it was order by his boss.
LOL.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

GPR-A

Gary Anderson said a couple of years back that, "For Ferrari, everything is a surprise!". It continues to be true. The ability to think and handle dynamic situations is almost NIL. Binotto's close alliance with Vettel is stopping him from making hard racing decisions and their strategy team is not as decisive as James Vowels at Mercedes is. Vettel is a racing driver and he would be driven by his instincts to make good use of any opportunity that comes his way. If he can't be that, then he should sit at home.

As a racing driver, he did what any hard core racing driver would have in both Singapore and in Sochi. He is definitely not the same Vettel that he was in his Red Bull years and seems to have lost a bit of that edge in qualifying and Leclerc is top notch and he is doing what Vettel used to do in Red Bull. Every top racing driver, moving in his 30s loses a bit of one lap pace and Hamilton currently is an exception.

Ferrari have done an excellent job once again after 2017, in terms of having a car that is clearly the class of the field and a young driver who is doing full justice to what the car deserves. But they continue to be ordinary in terms of racing operations. They can't be so naive in handling these situations if they really want to win the championships. For now, it would be OK as they are not contenders for any title, but for next year, they should bring an UPGRADE in the racing skills.