2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Manoah2u

Re: 2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

MtthsMlw wrote:
30 Sep 2019, 10:18
321apex wrote:
30 Sep 2019, 09:59
Jambier wrote:
30 Sep 2019, 09:30
Do you think they can keep Vettel ?

- He doesn't respect the start agreement.
- MGU K fails, they asked him to go to pits.. instead is creating a SC making LEC lose.

I mean, the guy is not a very talented driver, he makes many mistakes, manage to lose 2018, now is beaten by his teamate and do not respect anymore any order by the team

On top of that, he cost a huge amount of money for the team
Agree. He surely knew his stopping on the track would result in safety car and compromising the advantage his teammate's has had.
His car was electrically unsafe, no need to risk anything so you stop immediately. He parked in a way his car could be easily pushed back but as it was unsafe Marshalls couldn't touch it (VSC needed as it would take longer) - see the red light blinking under the t-cam and near the HALO.
are people still talking about this completely invented hate spewing nonsense?

the TEAM literally asked him on the radio to stop the car immediately, Vettel himself wanted to go to the pits.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Capharol

Binotto said:
Undercut was not for swapping position - I call BS - because why bring in LEC and wait 3 laps to pit VET and not pit him the next lap? this was the only way, LEC could close the gap in those 3 laps (4-6s), and IMO, Ferrari was hoping the S would drop off hard.

he claims, the team has a luxury position with LEC & VET - I call BS - he has the same problem as Merc had with ROS/HAM, in Singapore it didn't hurt them, due to track layout, but in Sochi it was noticable and (ofc thanks to VSC/SC) Mercedes took advantage of it (big time)

my conclusion (and this is my opinion, like it or not)
the problems at Ferrari were actually already visible at the start of the season (teamorders in favour of VET), as of Monza the problems starts to show themselves, because at the start of the season it wasn't that obvious, but now they have the best package (LEC not given the tow, radio-rant Singapore an now Sochi)

again this is my opinion on how i see it .....
Last edited by Capharol on 30 Sep 2019, 16:54, edited 1 time in total.

LM10

321apex wrote:
30 Sep 2019, 09:59
Jambier wrote:
30 Sep 2019, 09:30
Do you think they can keep Vettel ?

- He doesn't respect the start agreement.
- MGU K fails, they asked him to go to pits.. instead is creating a SC making LEC lose.

I mean, the guy is not a very talented driver, he makes many mistakes, manage to lose 2018, now is beaten by his teamate and do not respect anymore any order by the team

On top of that, he cost a huge amount of money for the team
Agree. He surely knew his stopping on the track would result in safety car and compromising the advantage his teammate's has had.
Maybe you two should inform yourselves or keep attention next time. Even on normal broadcast the radio message from the team to Vettel was audible and they told him to stop the car immediately.

e30ernest

dominaze wrote:
30 Sep 2019, 13:01
Leclerc should calm down a bit. I mean, pre-race agreement or not, such things should not be publicly disclosed. That's the team sheer intimacy, you don't have to be vocal about it on the radio. Ferrari is still recovering from years of internal issues, it doesn't need to deal with fans and media right now.
While I agree with you that airing that out wasn't going to be good for the team, I think Leclerc was right to raise that. Leclerc needs to make Ferrari know that he is not letting Vettel or the team push him over. Talking about that over the radio would apply pressure to the team and it seems he was successful given how much discussion it has raised in the media and among the fans.

To me this is a kid asserting his position in the team not as a number 2 driver, but as an equal number 1.

Big Tea

e30ernest wrote:
01 Oct 2019, 01:29
dominaze wrote:
Leclerc should calm down a bit. I mean, pre-race agreement or not, such things should not be publicly disclosed. That's the team sheer intimacy, you don't have to be vocal about it on the radio. Ferrari is still recovering from years of internal issues, it doesn't need to deal with fans and media right now.
While I agree with you that airing that out wasn't going to be good for the team, I think Leclerc was right to raise that. Leclerc needs to make Ferrari know that he is not letting Vettel or the team push him over. Talking about that over the radio would apply pressure to the team and it seems he was successful given how much discussion it has raised in the media and among the fans.

To me this is a kid asserting his position in the team not as a number 2 driver, but as an equal number 1.
He had to at least mention it, otherwise when he complained after the race they could have said they were waiting for him to ask and thought he he was not ready yet. ( yeh, I know, but it removed that possibility )
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

RZS10

dominaze wrote:
Ferrari [...] doesn't need to deal with fans and media right now.
Good point, but since they're now forced to air their dirty laundry in public it's very weird that they choose to tell a different story every few hours which surely doesn't help with their credibility ...

During the race it became obvious that they planned to give Vettel the tow and wanted to switch positions should he also get past Charles, they also said they would switch the positions later in the race.

After the race they claimed it all went according to plan (the team radio suggests otherwise).

Now Binotto says that the undercut and place swap was not planned (so ... what was the plan?)

jumpingfish

Main plan A could be: overtake Hamilton, then Lec 1st, Seb 2nd. Plan B: Seb 1st, Lec 2nd and swap during few laps, but Vettel broke it. After that team said - Plan C and changed on pitstops. Imho

wickedz50

RZS10 wrote:
01 Oct 2019, 14:11
dominaze wrote:
Ferrari [...] doesn't need to deal with fans and media right now.
Good point, but since they're now forced to air their dirty laundry in public it's very weird that they choose to tell a different story every few hours which surely doesn't help with their credibility ...

During the race it became obvious that they planned to give Vettel the tow and wanted to switch positions should he also get past Charles, they also said they would switch the positions later in the race.

After the race they claimed it all went according to plan (the team radio suggests otherwise).

Now Binotto says that the undercut and place swap was not planned (so ... what was the plan?)
As Ferrari fans lets not burden up Binotto for answers to these situations, let the man concentrate on things he does best, we need a killer car with a monster engine in 2020. Lec and Vet should both sort these amateur things themselves over a drink. First let Binotto and team devote 100% time to build the 2020 beast, then drive as a team to deliver 2020 WCC. Once both accomplished race each other graciously for the WDC.

Capharol

How Ferrari really turned the tables on rivals

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/tech ... l/4551127/

dans79

I guess Charles really really wants Seb's #1 status.

https://www.grandprix.com/news/leclerc- ... on-f1.html
Charles Leclerc's former girlfriend has revealed that the Ferrari driver "left me" in order to focus on his Formula 1 career.
"He wants to devote himself only to Ferrari."
197 104 103 7

e30ernest

dans79 wrote:
01 Oct 2019, 18:51
I guess Charles really really wants Seb's #1 status.

https://www.grandprix.com/news/leclerc- ... on-f1.html
Charles Leclerc's former girlfriend has revealed that the Ferrari driver "left me" in order to focus on his Formula 1 career.
"He wants to devote himself only to Ferrari."
Lewis did the same thing when he broke off his relationship with Nicole IIRC.

It's not bad though. It would be unfair to their partners if they cannot commit to that relationship. Good for us fans though since that gives us drivers totally committed to the sport.

Wouter

Leclerc has a new girlfriend: the beautiful Charlotte Siné.
The Monegasque is the daughter of Emmanuel Siné, general manager of the Société des Bains de Mer.
For her, Leclerc said goodbye to his old flame, the fascinating Neapolitan Giada Gianni.
Between one GP and another, interest in Charlotte Siné has grown more and more to become love. Thus, Leclerc
decided to leave the young Neapolitan who admitted the end of the relationship with the Ferrari driver.
https://www.gazzetta.it/Formula-1/23-09 ... 7040.shtml
The Power of Dreams!

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

ScrewCaptain27

Mission Winnow is making a comeback for Suzuka:
(Article in Italian) https://f1ingenerale.com/f1-mission-win ... uzuka/?amp
"Stupid people do stupid things. Smart people outsmart each other, then themselves."
- Serj Tankian

izzy

ScrewCaptain27 wrote:
07 Oct 2019, 15:40
Mission Winnow is making a comeback for Suzuka:
(Article in Italian) https://f1ingenerale.com/f1-mission-win ... uzuka/?amp
yes what a shame.
" winnowing good from bad, truth from fiction to make decisions that deliver better"
:roll: just as the vaping crisis gets going with 19 deaths in the US and talk about lungs like world war mustard gas victims