2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Scorpaguy

Re: 2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Ferrari in a shambles?

IMHO...hardly. Funny tho...now that Big Red has some performance, folks seem to be acting like the sky is falling because 2 F1 drivers MAY be having a few squabbles. Hmmmm...

Bino and brass making good, strategic calls.

A car that is wicked fast in the straights...and now pretty darn fast in corners.

2 F1 drivers fussing over who gets to lead/win races...and actually winning.

Good grief, if we had this in Australia, we would have all been griping about how lame the competition was. If I were given a meet/greet with any F1 driver...Vet would be FAR down the list, yet he gets treated like a pariah here. As far as I know he won 4 titles...albeit in what some deem a superior car, but it was HE that won...not his teammate or another driver. Ham has won multiple titles in a superior car, yet no one calls him shite....Shumi as well (not that I am comparing talents).

Again, IMHO, Bino is actually getting some restful sleep for the first time in some bit.

Zynerji

Scorpaguy wrote:
08 Oct 2019, 03:25
Ferrari in a shambles?

IMHO...hardly. Funny tho...now that Big Red has some performance, folks seem to be acting like the sky is falling because 2 F1 drivers MAY be having a few squabbles. Hmmmm...

Bino and brass making good, strategic calls.

A car that is wicked fast in the straights...and now pretty darn fast in corners.

2 F1 drivers fussing over who gets to lead/win races...and actually winning.

Good grief, if we had this in Australia, we would have all been griping about how lame the competition was. If I were given a meet/greet with any F1 driver...Vet would be FAR down the list, yet he gets treated like a pariah here. As far as I know he won 4 titles...albeit in what some deem a superior car, but it was HE that won...not his teammate or another driver. Ham has won multiple titles in a superior car, yet no one calls him shite....Shumi as well (not that I am comparing talents).

Again, IMHO, Bino is actually getting some restful sleep for the first time in some bit.
It always amazes me that on these forums, Vettels 4 titles are attributed to the car, but Hamilton's 5 and impending 6th are solely attributed to him.

I wonder if the German language forums have the invert of this English site?

timbo
timbo

MissionWinnow logo is cursed.

basti313
basti313

Scorpaguy wrote:
Good grief, if we had this in Australia, we would have all been griping about how lame the competition was.
I am still not sure where this comes from. For me it is clear that Merc took out a lot of pace to make the car bullit proof, gentle to the tires and easy to drive. It is just remarkable that two very different drivers, with Bottas not being on the level of Ham in Q, mostly finish Q3 within one or two tenth of a second...
It would be interesting how quick this Merc would be if it would be build on pace like the Ferrari. Or the other way round...how much would the Ferrari be behind if it would be as reliable and easy to drive as the Merc?
Scorpaguy wrote:
If I were given a meet/greet with any F1 driver...Vet would be FAR down the list, yet he gets treated like a pariah here.
Do you know much more about him than how he behaves in competition on a race track? For me it would be even difficult to make a list. 90% of them are just guys that are educated in driving schools on the money of rich parents or car manufacturers since they can walk....although I signed up for the meet and great with Kimi and Gio in Singapore... ;)
Last edited by turbof1 on 05 Nov 2019, 14:15, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed parts irrelevant to Ferrari team thread
Don`t russel the hamster!

marmer
marmer

Phil wrote:
11 Oct 2019, 14:32
2 times world champion, by many regarded as the best and complete driver who slaughtered every single team mate in f1 he ever had, bar Hamilton?

The reigning world champion in Button?

Rosberg who beat was a close match in qualifying and won a championship against Hamilton, even if maybe luck helped a bit too?
Button actually did quite well against Hamilton. Who went on to do well as he could at McLaren with Alonso later.

loner

another brain fart from CL refusing to pit with damages FR i believe LH got some debris from him.
para bellum.

ispano6

Leclerc is treading a dangerous line.

dans79

loner wrote:
13 Oct 2019, 09:41
another brain fart from CL refusing to pit with damages FR i believe LH got some debris from him.
He got more than a little damage.

https://streamable.com/eb8is
197 104 103 7

wickedz50
wickedz50

ispano6 wrote:
13 Oct 2019, 10:21
In the racing seat with racing instinct the mind will hardly reach normally, I am sure some retrospection is needed, the guy is yet to mature fully, hopefully he will calm down in 2020, we dont have many ice cold drivers on the grid at this moment, may be he needs to drink some vodka with Kimi to cool his temperment under racing,

ispano6

wickedz50 wrote:
13 Oct 2019, 10:33
ispano6 wrote:
In the racing seat with racing instinct the mind will hardly reach normally, I am sure some retrospection is needed, the guy is yet to mature fully, hopefully he will calm down in 2020, we dont have many ice cold drivers on the grid at this moment, may be he needs to drink some vodka with Kimi to cool his temperment under racing,
He should be disqualified. He ignored safety orders. He could have killed Hamilton. Those pieces could have been ejected into the spectators. I was there trackside.

Leclerc is using Max's bump into him at Austria as an excuse to drive dangerously. Max's move in Austria was not even dangerous.
Last edited by ispano6 on 13 Oct 2019, 10:39, edited 1 time in total.

MtthsMlw

ispano6 wrote:
13 Oct 2019, 10:34
wickedz50 wrote:
ispano6 wrote:
He should be disqualified. He ignored safety orders. He could have killed Hamilton. Those pieces could have been ejected into the spectators. I was there trackside.
The team failed to pit him directly, he doesn't see the damage to his FW and he didn't feel it as well.
When the team told (in time) him to pit he pitted.

ispano6

MtthsMlw wrote:
13 Oct 2019, 10:38
ispano6 wrote:
wickedz50 wrote:

The team failed to pit him directly, he doesn't see the damage to his FW and he didn't feel it as well.
Please... he ignored orders.

MtthsMlw

ispano6 wrote:
13 Oct 2019, 10:40
MtthsMlw wrote:
ispano6 wrote:

Watch the onboard. He was told really late to pit on the first lap - maybe he reacted like half a second to late, on the second he was told really late to stay out and finally on the third lap he pitted.

dans79

MtthsMlw wrote:
ispano6 wrote:
wickedz50 wrote:

regardless of what he felt or when the team told him, he should have gotten a Black flag the first time he went down the main Strait. The FIA claims to be an organization that puts heavy emphasis on safety, yet they routinly fail to actually prove it.
197 104 103 7

ispano6

MtthsMlw wrote:
13 Oct 2019, 10:44
ispano6 wrote:
13 Oct 2019, 10:40
MtthsMlw wrote:

Watch the onboard. He was told really late to pit on the first lap - maybe he reacted like half a second to late, on the second he was told really late to stay out and finally on the third lap he pitted.
Well perhaps there needs to be intervention by a common sense authority, like a virtual safety car. He went two laps with the broken wing. Listen to the team radio.