[ 2020 ] Scuderia Alpha Tauri - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wouter

Re: [ 2020 ] Scuderia Alpha Tauri - Honda

The Power of Dreams!

ispano6

Love the driver suits, they look like astronauts on a mission to Alpha Tauri.

AMG.Tzan

Congrats to Alpha Tauri! =D>

Show them how to make a great livery!! Better than Toro Rosso i believe...it also promotes Honda better in my opinion because of the extensive use of white!

This is how Mclaren should have been in the Honda years...but instead of blue, use black and red! :wink:
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Helmut Marko last night in Salzburg:

Marko: "Red Bull is about three to six months ahead of the sister team"

The new AlphaTauri Formula 1 team will receive more direct support from Red Bull Racing, as far as the rules allow.

"There is a transformation and an upgrade from junior to sister team," Tost begins. "Everything that is permitted and to the extent that our capacities are sufficient is also provided at AlphaTauri."

AlphaTauri will increasingly resemble Red Bull

However, there will not be four identical cars on the grid. The rules of the current Formula 1 stop this. Marko did say that the AT01 will look a lot like the RB15 of 2019. The AT01 will also take over many aspects of the new RB16 the further we get in the season.

"There will probably be a difference between Red Bull and AlphaTauri," says Marko. “Red Bull is about three to six months ahead of the sister team. A major evolution has taken place at Red bull and this can only be recorded at AlphaTauri around the middle of the season at the earliest. "

Marko admits that some parts that Red Bull radically redesigned for 2020, such as the nose and front suspension, are unlikely to be seen on the sister car. This is due to the difficulty in adapting them to an older concept.
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

And action! Misano.

The Power of Dreams!

JordanMugen

AMG.Tzan wrote:
15 Feb 2020, 02:13
Show them how to make a great livery!! Better than Toro Rosso i believe...it also promotes Honda better in my opinion because of the extensive use of white!
I don't understand why people like the livery so much, the livery looks rather plain yet messy to me. I particularly dislike the "Fits Body and Mind" text, that looks "rather naff" as the English would say.
Alpha Tauri wrote: AlphaTauri is a stand-alone fashion brand founded out of Red Bull that offers innovative fashion technologies integrated with high-quality and uniquely designed styles. The brand combines textile innovations, purposeful design and premium materials to add value to both body and mind.

What makes AlphaTauri unique is the combination of: Innovation and purposeful design, Pioneering technologies, Premium fabrics and materials.

This level of cutting-edge technology, combined with aspirational fashion silhouettes, is what AlphaTauri stands for. AlphaTauri – Fits Body and Mind
https://alphatauri.com/en-au/about/

Huh? :wtf: From what I can see, they sell neither stylish high-end Italian fashion nor technology-orientated sportswear. Their clothes seem to be neutral everyday smart casual clothes along the lines of Uniqlo, ZARA, Esprit and so on. The clothes don't seem to match the brand definition at all. :?:

I also don't understand why Red Bull only want to promote Alpha Tauri and not Red Bull at all. IMO something like this concept, that smartly progresses the existing Toro Rosso livery identity with new Alpha Tauri elements, would have been much more logical:

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

dren

Wouter wrote:
15 Feb 2020, 10:40
Helmut Marko last night in Salzburg:

Marko: "Red Bull is about three to six months ahead of the sister team"

The new AlphaTauri Formula 1 team will receive more direct support from Red Bull Racing, as far as the rules allow.

"There is a transformation and an upgrade from junior to sister team," Tost begins. "Everything that is permitted and to the extent that our capacities are sufficient is also provided at AlphaTauri."

AlphaTauri will increasingly resemble Red Bull

However, there will not be four identical cars on the grid. The rules of the current Formula 1 stop this. Marko did say that the AT01 will look a lot like the RB15 of 2019. The AT01 will also take over many aspects of the new RB16 the further we get in the season.

"There will probably be a difference between Red Bull and AlphaTauri," says Marko. “Red Bull is about three to six months ahead of the sister team. A major evolution has taken place at Red bull and this can only be recorded at AlphaTauri around the middle of the season at the earliest. "

Marko admits that some parts that Red Bull radically redesigned for 2020, such as the nose and front suspension, are unlikely to be seen on the sister car. This is due to the difficulty in adapting them to an older concept.
Let's see how Gassly does with last years Red Bull.
Honda!

ajprice

One thing that the Alpha Tauri livery has done is put the logo over the whole side of the car. The sidepods are blended in that much now that it's a fairly flat surface from airbox to floor.

https://twitter.com/jonrowlandson/statu ... 28673?s=19

Bill

But is it last year Rbr it got parts from last Car but the aerodynamic is uniquely alphatauri

nzjrs

Bill wrote:
15 Feb 2020, 16:53
But is it last year Rbr it got parts from last Car but the aerodynamic is uniquely alphatauri
Yes

Bill

No No

nzjrs

Bill wrote:
15 Feb 2020, 17:30
No No
Sorry your complete lack of punctuation must have confused me

etusch

There is an onboard video on AT Facebook page, good for listening pu sound.