[ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Big Tea

Re: [ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

Scorpaguy wrote:
22 Nov 2020, 16:20
raymondu999 wrote:
22 Nov 2020, 14:02
I think if they follow theough, Elkann/Camilleri’s stance is the correct one. But with the pressure of the nation on them, you have to check back after some time. It’s not easy to stick to your line if people are demanding heads roll
Stability is one of the factors that can lead to systematic improvement. It is a shame they could not have adopted this mindset when they had a proven fighter/winner at the wheel (Arri). IMHO, Bino has given zero reasons that he is the correct person for the job or even a person worthy of trust. His resume to date is that of having the rep as an engine guy that has overseen one illegal engine and one anemic engine.
If someone makes a mistake, how lightly is he / she to do it again? If you sack him and bring in some one who has not made that mistake, what is to stop him making it?

( Consistent mistakes, yes, it needs looking at )
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

raymondu999

Moore77 wrote:
22 Nov 2020, 16:09
raymondu999 wrote:
22 Nov 2020, 14:02
I think if they follow theough, Elkann/Camilleri’s stance is the correct one. But with the pressure of the nation on them, you have to check back after some time. It’s not easy to stick to your line if people are demanding heads roll
Question is, are those people paying?
They're not. But as we have seen in the past (not talking about Ferrari, but about other big companies) such pressure can take its toll and drive people to take decisions they wouldn't normally take
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

raymondu999

Scorpaguy wrote:
22 Nov 2020, 16:20
Stability is one of the factors that can lead to systematic improvement.
I kind of agree; but I view it the other way around. For an implemented change to lead to systematic improvement you need that stability. The following analogy comes to mind:

If you start a revolutionary change, you need to follow through else you won't see the fruits (assuming of course you're headed in the right direction)
It is a shame they could not have adopted this mindset when they had a proven fighter/winner at the wheel (Arri).
Ehh... idk if Arrivabene was the right choice. He seemed a bit flustered, but that's moot at this point. Mattiaci seemed to have a clearer plan IMO, but of course we only have the external perspective. Arrivabene seemed more like a Marchionne yes-man to me, but I think that was fine given Marchionne had a very distinct battle plan in mind.
IMHO, Bino has given zero reasons that he is the correct person for the job
Agree
or even a person worthy of trust.
Ehh... he was a great TD though. The best recent Ferraris are arguably 2017/2018... conceived under his regime. Albeit the 2019 car would have been conceived during his TD tenure too.
His resume to date is that of having the rep as an engine guy that has overseen one illegal engine and one anemic engine.
Lol savage but true, kinda
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

JordanMugen

I think the Ferrari team is doing a great job, with impressive consistent improvements! =D> Large technical changes would be wildly counterproductive IMO.

Of course, I am disappointed Binotto and others preferred Sainz to Ricciardo, but they have their reasons I suppose.
Zynerji wrote:
19 Nov 2020, 13:42
[Leclerc] can still turn out to be another Hulk/Perez/Grosjean/Bottas.
Strongly disagree, Leclerc is already leagues better than those chaps (unless Vettel is really that terrible, which is surely not the case!).
Big Tea wrote:
20 Nov 2020, 12:56
The disturbing thought there is the 'life after Ferrari' spectre. I know recently Kimi and Seb have stayed in F1 but over all it is not a good position for LeClerc to be an EX Ferrari driver.
Leclerc is an amicable fellow, other top teams will gladly take him IMO.

raymondu999

Big Tea wrote:
22 Nov 2020, 19:01
If someone makes a mistake, how lightly is he / she to do it again? If you sack him and bring in some one who has not made that mistake, what is to stop him making it?

( Consistent mistakes, yes, it needs looking at )
It depends on the management, IMO. They need to be aware that they made a mistake. If they're not, they need to be made aware of it. You'd be surprised how many people make strategic/tactical errors and never realize it.Even in workplace situations. If they've been made aware and still do it... then yes it needs to be looked at as you say.

Failure is a great teacher, but only if people properly reflect upon it.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Zynerji

JordanMugen wrote:
24 Nov 2020, 04:57
I think the Ferrari team is doing a great job, with impressive consistent improvements! =D> Large technical changes would be wildly counterproductive IMO.

Of course, I am disappointed Binotto and others preferred Sainz to Ricciardo, but they have their reasons I suppose.
Zynerji wrote:
Strongly disagree, Leclerc is already leagues better than those chaps (unless Vettel is really that terrible, which is surely not the case!).
Big Tea wrote:
The disturbing thought there is the 'life after Ferrari' spectre. I know recently Kimi and Seb have stayed in F1 but over all it is not a good position for LeClerc to be an EX Ferrari driver.
I'm sure Charles is a fine fellow. But his best results so far came in a car of questionable legality.

Seb is his own problem. Comparisons to him become apples and oranges when deeper issues are considered.

I hope that LeClerc proves out to be a True Wizard, but I have not seen anything "exceptional" from Charles at this point in his career like we did from Hamilton, Vettel and Verstappen.

Wouter

Please vote for Seb!! Stand is Seb 50.3% and Bottas 49.7%. #Movember For a good cause.

The Power of Dreams!

Big Tea

What about real 'tash's like Rosberg (snr) and Mansel ?

Wouter

Binotto only to be present in ‘difficult times’

Ferrari team principal Mattia Binotto has confirmed he won’t be with the team at the upcoming Bahrain Grand Prix.

The Ferrari boss remained at the team’s Maranello base for the Turkish Grand Prix, though he did have the ability to talk to the drivers over team radio, which he did after the race when Charles Leclerc was venting over an error that saw him drop from P2 to P4 on the final lap.

Reports had emerged that Binotto again wouldn’t be with the Scuderia in Bahrain, round 15 of 17 in the 2020 season, and now Binotto himself has confirmed the news.

“I am happy that I do not need to be at the circuit. My role is to be present in difficult times,” he said in an interview with Sky Sports, as quoted by Motorsport.com.

“I knew the car was better and these results are welcome and I will not be at the next GP [in Bahrain]. Our drivers will do well. Our car has improved and they are more comfortable behind the wheel.

“Overall, we showed we have a competitive car. This is the most important thing, because it means that we understand which direction to go. The car has improved and that is a good sign.”
https://www.planetf1.com/news/mattia-bi ... rain-gp-2/
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Big Tea wrote:
25 Nov 2020, 13:13
Does this answer your question? :)

The Power of Dreams!

Big Tea

Wouter wrote:
25 Nov 2020, 13:47
Big Tea wrote:
Does this answer your question? :)

Not really, sort of goes over my head, but i accept it. :D

Scorpaguy

Big Tea wrote:
...after thorough scrutiny, it appears that Vet's is actually but a poor xerox copy of Mansell's tash. Nigel wins this contest hands down.

In related news, Nigel Mansell claims he never had to worry about swallowing dusty food.

Wouter

Come on people .... Vote please. Only 37 min left and Bottas is getting closer. 51.1% --- 48,9% <--- for Bottas now.

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ 4.27 p.m. It is closed now. Seb wins!

The Power of Dreams!

MachineCo.
MachineCo.

Zynerji wrote:
24 Nov 2020, 13:57
JordanMugen wrote:
24 Nov 2020, 04:57

Zynerji wrote:
Big Tea wrote:
I'm sure Charles is a fine fellow. But his best results so far came in a car of questionable legality.

Seb is his own problem. Comparisons to him become apples and oranges when deeper issues are considered.

I hope that LeClerc proves out to be a True Wizard, but I have not seen anything "exceptional" from Charles at this point in his career like we did from Hamilton, Vettel and Verstappen.

Really? Beating a 4x WDC 2 years in a row is not exceptional, it's just run of the mill? 7 pole positions in his first year at Ferrari. But if you believe he hasn't shown he's the real deal driving this year's Ferrari, then you're one very tough critic. But there's some pretty knowledgeable F1 people that rate him in the same upper echelon as Hamilton & Max.

raymondu999

Zynerji wrote:
24 Nov 2020, 13:57
While this is true; I don't think the legality of the car affected the quality of his driving skill. He was given, in an algebraic analogy, "Equipment X" - but what results he pulled out would be seen relative to Equipment X. It's like an equation where both sides are divided by the same denominator. It cancels out, IMO.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法