[ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wouter

Re: [ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

turbof1 wrote:
04 Mar 2020, 12:40
We are splitting off the controversy topic into a separate thread: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=28896

Please only debate about it in that topic. The goal is to centralize the discussion.
Sorry, I will delete my post, I didn't know that topic was existing..
The Power of Dreams!

Morteza

I have always loved their posters for each GP
Artist: Matteo Spirito
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

El Scorchio

Do they alternate which driver is on each poster? Just curious.

dtro
dtro

Vettel names car Lucilla- executed around her 33rd birthday after a failed coup. I think Vettel is warning us...

JPBD1990
JPBD1990

dtro wrote:
12 Mar 2020, 05:50
Vettel names car Lucilla- executed around her 33rd birthday after a failed coup. I think Vettel is warning us...
Maybe it’s more about the failed coup than the execution 8)

dtro
dtro

JPBD1990 wrote:
12 Mar 2020, 08:49
dtro wrote:
12 Mar 2020, 05:50
Maybe it’s more about the failed coup than the execution 8)
:P Feelin salty

Ringleheim
Ringleheim

OK, so you are running the Ferrari F1 team. The F1 season is not officially slated to begin until May, and we all know that it probably won't start in May either. The entire season or a huge chunk of it may simply not exist this year.

In the meantime, you have the 2021 project being worked on.

Considering there is no 2020 F1 for another few months, and there might not be any at all, wouldn't the prudent thing be to kind of gamble a little bit and basically divert all resources, funding, and manpower to next year's car NOW? Especially with budget caps in place next year, every penny you spend this year on next year's car is a bonus.

Seriously, Ferrari. Abandon this year's dog of a car and for God's sake, come up with something clever for next year. Where is the innovation we used to see from you? Come up with the next clever thing that everyone in the paddock must chase after and which gives you a .3 second jump on the field next year.

Divert everything to next year and do it NOW. This year may well not exist, and if it does, it's going to be a partial, Mickey Mouse sort of season anyway.

Macklaren
Macklaren

Ringleheim wrote:
13 Mar 2020, 17:35
OK, so you are running the Ferrari F1 team. The F1 season is not officially slated to begin until May, and we all know that it probably won't start in May either. The entire season or a huge chunk of it may simply not exist this year.

Considering there is no 2020 F1 for another few months, and there might not be any at all, wouldn't the prudent thing be to kind of gamble a little bit and basically divert all resources, funding, and manpower to next year's car NOW? Especially with budget caps in place next year, every penny you spend this year on next year's car is a bonus.

Seriously, Ferrari. Abandon this year's dog of a car and for God's sake, come up with something clever for next year. Where is the innovation we used to see from you? Come up with the next clever thing that everyone in the paddock must chase after and which gives you a .3 second jump on the field next year.

Divert everything to next year and do it NOW. This year may well not exist, and if it does, it's going to be a partial, Mickey Mouse sort of season anyway.
Yeah, I'm sure every team is thinking of doing this. Logical. Only risk is if the FIA pushes out the new regs by a year to 2022 to give teams more time and financial space to cope. Then you're giving up 1.5 seasons by switching away now.

Ringleheim
Ringleheim

Macklaren wrote:
13 Mar 2020, 17:53
Ringleheim wrote:

Yeah, I'm sure every team is thinking of doing this. Logical. Only risk is if the FIA pushes out the new regs by a year to 2022 to give teams more time and financial space to cope. Then you're giving up 1.5 seasons by switching away now.
I don't think there's any chance that "2021" becomes "2022". Too much politics involved and too many resources expended already around that argued over, and agreed upon, introduction date.

If I'm Ferrari, I take an educated guess that the current 2020 season is effectively over already and push everything to next year's car. Of course, that assumes gains are to be made by doing things that way. They obviously have budgets and manpower for both projects. I do assume, however, that benefits would be gained by focusing entirely on next year.

It's also worth remembering that the team that comes out of the box, next year, and gets the formula right, might enjoy an advantage that lasts for 5 years or more, with everyone else trying to play catch up.

So in that sense, 2021 is definitely worth a lot more than 2020.

Get it right this year and you enjoy 1 championship. Get it right next year and you might enjoy 5 or 6 or .....

Ringleheim
Ringleheim

Morteza wrote:
11 Mar 2020, 13:20
I have always loved their posters for each GP
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ES0sDXZWoAAdLSC.jpg:large
Artist: Matteo Spirito
Lovely poster!

wowgr8
wowgr8

Ringleheim wrote:

I don't think there's any chance that "2021" becomes "2022". Too much politics involved and too many resources expended already around that argued over, and agreed upon, introduction date.

If I'm Ferrari, I take an educated guess that the current 2020 season is effectively over already and push everything to next year's car. Of course, that assumes gains are to be made by doing things that way. They obviously have budgets and manpower for both projects. I do assume, however, that benefits would be gained by focusing entirely on next year.

It's also worth remembering that the team that comes out of the box, next year, and gets the formula right, might enjoy an advantage that lasts for 5 years or more, with everyone else trying to play catch up.

So in that sense, 2021 is definitely worth a lot more than 2020.

Get it right this year and you enjoy 1 championship. Get it right next year and you might enjoy 5 or 6 or .....
No chance of the championship this year I wish they'd see that, Binotto said we aren't even in a position to challenge for wins. To win a championship we'd have to have a car better than Mercedes, not equal or less than, and from the beginning of the year. This year will be a mess anyway but if after 3 races we're 4 tenths off divert all resources to next year's car

GPR-A

With Italy in such a difficult situation with COVID-19, I am not sure how effectively team in Maranello is operating. While Mercedes and Red Bull might be making progress in less troubled UK factories, Ferrari are probably staring at being stand still. If the competition resumes after a couple of months, Ferrari might badly struggle to match the top 2 and might even struggle to fight with the Racing Point. I hope that is not the case, but can't stop thinking that might increasingly be the case.

bluechris

GPR-A wrote:With Italy in such a difficult situation with COVID-19, I am not sure how effectively team in Maranello is operating. While Mercedes and Red Bull might be making progress in less troubled UK factories, Ferrari are probably staring at being stand still. If the competition resumes after a couple of months, Ferrari might badly struggle to match the top 2 and might even struggle to fight with the Racing Point. I hope that is not the case, but can't stop thinking that might increasingly be the case.
You know, in the beginning i thought that to but think this. They have some problems with the car, the factory is in lockdown mode also... If i was them i would had stay in factory putting my ass at work to find and resolve the problems. I mean seems safe.
I don't know if this is doable because in the back of their minds they think of their families but it's a scenario.

mmred
mmred

bluechris wrote:
14 Mar 2020, 16:52
GPR-A wrote:With Italy in such a difficult situation with COVID-19, I am not sure how effectively team in Maranello is operating. While Mercedes and Red Bull might be making progress in less troubled UK factories, Ferrari are probably staring at being stand still. If the competition resumes after a couple of months, Ferrari might badly struggle to match the top 2 and might even struggle to fight with the Racing Point. I hope that is not the case, but can't stop thinking that might increasingly be the case.
You know, in the beginning i thought that to but think this. They have some problems with the car, the factory is in lockdown mode also... If i was them i would had stay in factory putting my ass at work to find and resolve the problems. I mean seems safe.
I don't know if this is doable because in the back of their minds they think of their families but it's a scenario.
Today Production was stopped for Two weeks

GPR-A

bluechris wrote:
14 Mar 2020, 16:52
In the interest of fairness, FIA should call off the season as Ferrari and Alpha Tauri can't work while other teams can. In times when the world is facing such a huge disaster, people need to be with their families and working towards their safety.