[ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Xwang
Xwang

Re: [ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

GPR-A wrote:
14 Mar 2020, 18:36
bluechris wrote:
14 Mar 2020, 16:52
GPR-A wrote:With Italy in such a difficult situation with COVID-19, I am not sure how effectively team in Maranello is operating. While Mercedes and Red Bull might be making progress in less troubled UK factories, Ferrari are probably staring at being stand still. If the competition resumes after a couple of months, Ferrari might badly struggle to match the top 2 and might even struggle to fight with the Racing Point. I hope that is not the case, but can't stop thinking that might increasingly be the case.
You know, in the beginning i thought that to but think this. They have some problems with the car, the factory is in lockdown mode also... If i was them i would had stay in factory putting my ass at work to find and resolve the problems. I mean seems safe.
I don't know if this is doable because in the back of their minds they think of their families but it's a scenario.
In the interest of fairness, FIA should call off the season as Ferrari and Alpha Tauri can't work while other teams can. In times when the world is facing such a huge disaster, people need to be with their families and working towards their safety.
Perhaps FIA could give every team the possibility to choose when to do the 3 weeks stop so that Italian teams can decide to do it now, while other teams can do later in case (we hope not) similar problems arise in their countries.

Sevach
Sevach

https://www.planetf1.com/news/sebastian ... ontract-2/

Doesn't say how big the cut would be...
Honestly some pay cut is to be expected, but "drastic" + a one year only i think there'll be more negociations.

Ringleheim
Ringleheim

Sevach wrote:
30 Mar 2020, 00:38

Honestly some pay cut is to be expected, but "drastic" + a one year only i think there'll be more negociations.
Massive pay cut and only 1 year term sounds to me like Ferrari doesn't want Vettel to return.

As a Ferrari fan, I hope this is the case. Vettel's best is behind him and I'd like to see the Scuderia move in another direction.

Snatch up Ricciardo from Renault! Instant improvement over Vettel.

Jambier

The problem is we don't know if 2020 will exist
Rules changes are for 2022

So it make sense to have Vettel one more year for 2021, or 2020-2021 season if we have a super season

Let's hire RIC or SAI for 2022, but keeping Vettel for 2020/21 make senses, with little salary

Sevach
Sevach

Ringleheim wrote:
30 Mar 2020, 08:18
Sevach wrote:

Massive pay cut and only 1 year term sounds to me like Ferrari doesn't want Vettel to return.

As a Ferrari fan, I hope this is the case. Vettel's best is behind him and I'd like to see the Scuderia move in another direction.

I think the same the thing, but then again why offer him anything in this case?

ENGINE TUNER
ENGINE TUNER

Sevach wrote:
30 Mar 2020, 19:42
Ringleheim wrote:
Sevach wrote:

Vettel should be required to pay Ferrari for the seat. He's cost that team points, podiums, wins and championships and has crashed into his teammate more than any other driver that I can remember.

Travel expenses, that is the only thing I would offer him as team principal.

Ferrari should get rid of him, addition by subtraction, plus $40M plus more per year to make the car faster.

LM10
LM10

ENGINE TUNER wrote:
31 Mar 2020, 00:35
Sevach wrote:
Ringleheim wrote:

Vettel should be required to pay Ferrari for the seat. He's cost that team points, podiums, wins and championships and has crashed into his teammate more than any other driver that I can remember.

Good thing you're not the team principal then.

ENGINE TUNER
ENGINE TUNER

LM10 wrote:
31 Mar 2020, 00:37
ENGINE TUNER wrote:
Sevach wrote:

Only good for Vettel, which is clearly bad for Ferrari

LM10
LM10

ENGINE TUNER wrote:
31 Mar 2020, 00:38
LM10 wrote:
ENGINE TUNER wrote:

I'm not gonna discuss with you on this matter. I know you're an exceptionally big Vettel hater from your past posts.

Jambier

Sevach wrote:
Ringleheim wrote:
Sevach wrote:

I think this is complicated

With 2020 season probably cancelled, I think 2021 will just be what was supposed to be 2020

I mean no one will switch teams. This is not the right time to try switching from team to team, I am not even sure this is possible

So 2021 line up will be the same than 2020 I assume. 1 year contract for Vettel is logical.

BUT. There is a big BUT. We don't even know if all F1 teams will be here next year.
So if I was Ferrari, I'll be waiting for September to see what happen

izzy
izzy

Ringleheim wrote:
Sevach wrote:

istr a few mistakes from Danny as well, and generally him being a bit more normal now he's not in that superbraking Red Bull. He'd be a great No2, if he wants that role, but then so would Seb who was faster than Charles in several races after all

and the way i see it is, if it's true at all, Ferrari basically asking Seb if he wants to be a No2/ 'equal No1', and if he says yes it could take the pressure off, not trying to be Baby Schumi superstar any more, and then he could be the greatest No2 since Jenson. He's generally a better racer than Valtteri, it could finally give Ferrari a better driver pair than Mercedes

Sevach
Sevach

Jambier wrote:
31 Mar 2020, 10:44

I mean no one will switch teams. This is not the right time to try switching from team to team, I am not even sure this is possible

I disagree, if a guy on a mid grid team has the chance to jump to Ferrari i'm sure he takes it, and it absolutely is possible.
There's nothing wrong with changing teams 1 year before the big rule changes, Hamilton went to Mercedes in 2013.

ENGINE TUNER
ENGINE TUNER

izzy wrote:
31 Mar 2020, 11:21

istr a few mistakes from Danny as well, and generally him being a bit more normal now he's not in that superbraking Red Bull. He'd be a great No2, if he wants that role, but then so would Seb who was faster than Charles in several races after all

and the way i see it is, if it's true at all, Ferrari basically asking Seb if he wants to be a No2/ 'equal No1', and if he says yes it could take the pressure off, not trying to be Baby Schumi superstar any more, and then he could be the greatest No2 since Jenson. He's generally a better racer than Valtteri, it could finally give Ferrari a better driver pair than Mercedes
what races was faster at? Canada, but he threw it off track, maybe Hungary? Maybe Japan, which LEC barely has any experience on. LEC was pretty much faster across the whole season. The reason why Seb wouldn't be a good number 2 driver is the same reason that he wouldn'tbe a good number 1 driver, because he won't stop crashing into things, specificallyhis teammate.

Vettel is not a better driver than Bottas, vettel might be slightly faster, and even that is questionable, but he makes far more large mistakes than Bottas.

ENGINE TUNER
ENGINE TUNER

LM10 wrote:
31 Mar 2020, 00:53
ENGINE TUNER wrote:
31 Mar 2020, 00:38
LM10 wrote:

I'm not gonna discuss with you on this matter. I know you're an exceptionally big Vettel hater from your past posts.
I don't hate vettel as a human being, I just hate how he constantly messes up my viewing pleasure as an F1 fan. For example silverstone, we all got to watch LEC and VER go at it for several laps without crashing, as soon as vettel enters a wheel to wheel battle he goes and destroys the party. Watching crashes is not entertainment for me, especially when he takes out other good car/drivers. To be fair VER needs to cut down his crashing as well.

izzy
izzy

ENGINE TUNER wrote:
01 Apr 2020, 02:43
what races was faster at? Canada, but he threw it off track, maybe Hungary? Maybe Japan, which LEC barely has any experience on. LEC was pretty much faster across the whole season. The reason why Seb wouldn't be a good number 2 driver is the same reason that he wouldn'tbe a good number 1 driver, because he won't stop crashing into things, specificallyhis teammate.

Vettel is not a better driver than Bottas, vettel might be slightly faster, and even that is questionable, but he makes far more large mistakes than Bottas.
Seb does make too many stupid mistakes it's true, and Brazil was ridiculous, but he is pretty quick and a much better overtaker than Valtteri. He was closer to his teammate percentage wise than anybody else, he outscored him 11 times, and if Ferrari want the WCC that is what they need. So my thinking is that if he stops trying quite so hard to be a superstar, which he isn't of course, then he might be able to cut out the stupid mistakes and then he's the closest to the No1 in each of the top teams. So if he's up for that No2 role, he could be great for Ferrari