[ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
bonjon1979
bonjon1979

Re: [ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

Sounds like the postponed start to the season has done them a favour. I'm pretty sure they'd be well out of the title race by now.

jumpingfish

bonjon1979 wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 12:24
Sounds like the postponed start to the season has done them a favour. I'm pretty sure they'd be well out of the title race by now.
I don't know what to think. Even Williams which has no money, said they will bring updates for Austria, and Ferrari wouldnot.
In January or February Turrini wrote engineers in Maranello don't like what they see in windtunnel. Probably, Ferrari still build/configure their new simulator. I raised old interviews from February and what there was:

13 February 2020
Carlo Vanzini about SF1000 : "What we know, there is almost a half of second faster for example in Budapest.."

19 February 2020
Charles Leclerc: We want to see if the numbers we have in terms of simulation are similar to the numbers we now have on track. The correlation is extremely important between track and the factory.
Because in the end, all the work on a new car is done in the factory. If this data doesn’t correlate it’s quite a big problem. Now we just want to see the same numbers and then we’ll start to work.
https://the-race.com/formula-1/ferrari- ... alse-dawn/

26 February 2020
At the SF1000’s launch, Mattia Binotto revealed that Ferrari had created the SF1000 with the aim of “trying to look for maximum aero performance and maximise the downforce level”. And Leclerc confirmed that it was mission accomplished on that front, when asked where the car was best.
“I think the biggest strength is the speed around the corners. I think on that, we have achieved our goal. Then we need to wait and see for the overall performance of the car, but… we are going around the corners quicker than we did last year, so that's positive. But we need to keep working on this car to unlock a bit more performance.”
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... pMI4K.html

Is it a bluff or did they build a jalopy? Will see on Saturday Image

PlatinumZealot

Have to start development over from scratch. So they did six months of work in three.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Jaisonas
Jaisonas

Well thats a d*ck move by ferrari
Wow. Vettel is very clear on the subject of the contract: "I was very surprised to get the call from Mattia that Ferrari has no intention of going ahead with me. There was never an offer."

Shader

Midfield battles will be a pain.

Jolle
Jolle

Does anybody know if PM renewed their contract yet?

Jolle
Jolle

With possibly one of the worst qualifying results since Alesi and Berger were in the car, on pace at least, I wonder or more hope, if the management can still follow trough on the renewal of the team heading for 2022.
If they want to take further action, it’s got to be quick and swift, else 2022 and beyond is in danger as well.

donskar
donskar

Sure, it's "early days," but sadly,is there any solution other than a significant restructuring? And that will guarantee at least another year of failure while the new team/structure sorts itself out. History tells a sad story: there is no reason to believe Ferrari can beat Mercedes in the foreseeable future. I'm a Ferrari fan.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

fritticaldi

Ferrari's weakest link is their technical staff and of course their wind tunnel which gives contradicting data. Its remarkable how a team with such a big budget manage to produce a car which is .9 seconds slower than the previous model. Even their customer teams , Alfa Romeo and Haas have performed badly.

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

Once F1 fitted two more sensors, they lost the power 10km in straight and they already have an aero issue with car. So it is the real picture of ferrari.

It will take years to fix it as there are restriction and homologue of certain parts from

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

Thank God Vettel left Ferrari. It is a good decision from Ferrari instead of Vettel. :D

Wrong thread
Last edited by 214270 on 05 Jul 2020, 11:11, edited 1 time in total.
Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

jumpingfish

When AMD switched from Ferrari to Mercedes in February, I thought it was a bad sign: AMD had been on Ferrari cars for so many years. Now Weichai is gone too. :(

Ringleheim
Ringleheim

jumpingfish wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 13:30
bonjon1979 wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 12:24
I don't know what to think. Even Williams which has no money, said they will bring updates for Austria, and Ferrari wouldnot.
In January or February Turrini wrote engineers in Maranello don't like what they see in windtunnel. Probably, Ferrari still build/configure their new simulator. I raised old interviews from February and what there was:

13 February 2020
Carlo Vanzini about SF1000 : "What we know, there is almost a half of second faster for example in Budapest.."
https://youtu.be/ysdetfAzjkA

19 February 2020
Charles Leclerc: We want to see if the numbers we have in terms of simulation are similar to the numbers we now have on track. The correlation is extremely important between track and the factory.
Because in the end, all the work on a new car is done in the factory. If this data doesn’t correlate it’s quite a big problem. Now we just want to see the same numbers and then we’ll start to work.
https://the-race.com/formula-1/ferrari- ... alse-dawn/

26 February 2020
At the SF1000’s launch, Mattia Binotto revealed that Ferrari had created the SF1000 with the aim of “trying to look for maximum aero performance and maximise the downforce level”. And Leclerc confirmed that it was mission accomplished on that front, when asked where the car was best.
“I think the biggest strength is the speed around the corners. I think on that, we have achieved our goal. Then we need to wait and see for the overall performance of the car, but… we are going around the corners quicker than we did last year, so that's positive. But we need to keep working on this car to unlock a bit more performance.”
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... pMI4K.html

Is it a bluff or did they build a jalopy? Will see on Saturday http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/icq/unknown.gif
They built a jalopy. Ferrari is lost right now.

Will be curious to see what the Hungary updated car looks like. If not radically improved, I'd like to fire everyone in the aero department, and Binotto himself.

Jolle
Jolle

jumpingfish wrote:
05 Jul 2020, 06:49
When AMD switched from Ferrari to Mercedes in February, I thought it was a bad sign: AMD had been on Ferrari cars for so many years. Now Weichai is gone too. :(
The lucky thing for Ferrari is that it has no impact on their budget. They outsourced all their sponsoring to PMI, and get a flat fee from them. What is worrisome, that with changing times and the (more then a little hint) of foul play with the fuel flow sensor. Sponsors don’t like this, like ING left Renault mid season when crashgate came out.