[ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Zynerji

Re: [ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

And Vettel sitting there knowing he doesnt have to go through it again...

Manfer

Manoah2u wrote:
14 Jul 2020, 02:26
I'm still baffled as to why they ditched Arrivabene, he was the perfect man there imo. Binotto was at the right place at tech, but somehow he had to be a d*ck and such an amount of d*ck that he actually got Arrivabene booted which is arguably the worst decision the big'uns' have made, and you can see how much of a d*ck he's making himself now with the results. He'll be out at the end of the year without a doubt. Ferrari really shot themselves in the foot with how they managed the Arrivabene-Binotto clash/situation and now they're back to square one. They WILL be appointing a new head, and it WILL take them time to restructure and it means that Ferrari will NOT be in any decent shape untill 2022.
I seriously wonder how LeClerc is going to cope with that in the meantime. Sainz will do just fine, but LeClerc?
I think one of the reasons for the binotto-arrivebene clash was on how the team was being handled, internally, externally and politically with the FIA. Arrivebene was way too friendly with Toto, for a rival team boss. Horner even made fun of them when Merc live streamed Ferrari’s car unveil at Brackley. There might have been an understanding to create artificial racing between Merc and Ferrari.
Last edited by Manfer on 14 Jul 2020, 12:26, edited 1 time in total.

ENGINE TUNER

Manoah2u wrote:
I'm still baffled as to why they ditched Arrivabene, he was the perfect man there imo. Binotto was at the right place at tech, but somehow he had to be a d*ck and such an amount of d*ck that he actually got Arrivabene booted which is arguably the worst decision the big'uns' have made, and you can see how much of a d*ck he's making himself now with the results. He'll be out at the end of the year without a doubt. Ferrari really shot themselves in the foot with how they managed the Arrivabene-Binotto clash/situation and now they're back to square one. They WILL be appointing a new head, and it WILL take them time to restructure and it means that Ferrari will NOT be in any decent shape untill 2022.
I seriously wonder how LeClerc is going to cope with that in the meantime. Sainz will do just fine, but LeClerc?
Arrivabene was trash, that's why they put him on the curb. He added nothing to the team and they are still suffering from his poor management now.

Vasconia

Manoah2u wrote:
I guess Sainz is not happy to leave a team which has built a better car that his future team. I am pretty sure that Ferrari will build a better one in 2021 but it is not reassuring.

wowgr8

Re: Ferrari SF1000

F1Krof wrote:
14 Jul 2020, 10:49

Last year after Mercedes dominated the first 7-8 races, we thought that was it for the season. However, they turned the tables and Ferrari became a dominant force later in the season, especially in Qualy Trim. So, let's just not give up so early.
No surprise it's a Mercedes supporter saying this, Wolff's habits rubbing off on his fans

Scorpaguy

ENGINE TUNER wrote:
14 Jul 2020, 03:44
Manoah2u wrote:
Arrivabene was trash, that's why they put him on the curb. He added nothing to the team and they are still suffering from his poor management now.
"trash" is a bit strong for a Team Principle that oversaw 3 wins in 2015, 5 wins in 2017, and 6 wins in 2018. But yes, winless in 2016. However, 14 wins in 4 seasons is something that his predecessors did not manage in all of 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, and part of 2009. His successor managed 3 wins in 2019. 2009-2014 average Ferrari WCC finish was 3.16...average under Arri was 2.25. Bino's only full season had him finish 2nd and is currently running 3rd (for an incomplete average of 2.5).

F1Krof

wowgr8 wrote:
14 Jul 2020, 10:57
F1Krof wrote:
14 Jul 2020, 10:49

Last year after Mercedes dominated the first 7-8 races, we thought that was it for the season. However, they turned the tables and Ferrari became a dominant force later in the season, especially in Qualy Trim. So, let's just not give up so early.
No surprise it's a Mercedes supporter saying this, Wolff's habits rubbing off on his fans
If you didn't know by now, the Red Star on my 'Avatar' is Nikki's star. And as far as I know Nikki's never driven a Mercedes. You comment is irrelevant and full of prejudice to say the least. But I'll let this rub on the Mods and see what they have to say.
Wroom wroom

Big Tea

Vasconia wrote:
14 Jul 2020, 08:50
Manoah2u wrote:
I guess Sainz is not happy to leave a team which has built a better car that his future team. I am pretty sure that Ferrari will build a better one in 2021 but it is not reassuring.
I'm sure the nice fat bank account will help though :mrgreen:
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

outsid3r

https://sport.virgilio.it/f1-ferrari-bi ... ISFSgHPsrs

Antonello Coletta nominated to replace Binotto if things keep going sideways

ME4ME

Can't help but feel that Leclerc basically repeating what Vettel did the week before has hurt the team more than just the imediate on track result. The team gets dragged through the mud by the media, rival teams' fans and their own fans.

Had the drivers behaved they would've likely finished 7/8th or thereabouts. Maybe worse, but they'd atleast been in the top ten, participated in the race, done some overtaking and could've argued to need time to understand their new aero package. All panic wouldn't have broken lose. Now instead Binotto faces the ax.

wowgr8

F1Krof wrote:
14 Jul 2020, 17:29

If you didn't know by now, the Red Star on my 'Avatar' is Nikki's star. And as far as I know Nikki's never driven a Mercedes. You comment is irrelevant and full of prejudice to say the least. But I'll let this rub on the Mods and see what they have to say.
My apologies, I took your (in my opinion) unreasonable optimism and assumed you were a Mercedes fan downplaying their dominance like Wolff loves to do. Ferrari are losing 0.7s on the straights alone, there's no way they're recovering that in a season, and no way they do it from one season to another either, unless they use some dubious methods

TechAddict

Don’t you guys think that if Ferrari knows they are down like 50+ hp on engine (and they would know for sure) they would do everything they can to get the upgrade rules changed? No way they will accept possible 4 years of beeing that much underpowered, with no prospect on victories!

A question though, these new upgrade rules on engine for the next 4 years, were they agreed before or after FIA and Ferrari agrrement late last year? If Ferrari knew they had to remove performance form the fuel system, they would not have agreed to the slim chances to upgrade.

My point is that even if I also do think that Ferrari lost some power, on qualy at least, I also do believe that the straight line speed is mostly drag. They have done something totally wrong with aero.
We all remember that McLaren thought that their speed deficite came from an underpowered Honda, but they were still slow with the Renault.

Jolle

TechAddict wrote:
15 Jul 2020, 08:20
Don’t you guys think that if Ferrari knows they are down like 50+ hp on engine (and they would know for sure) they would do everything they can to get the upgrade rules changed? No way they will accept possible 4 years of beeing that much underpowered, with no prospect on victories!

A question though, these new upgrade rules on engine for the next 4 years, were they agreed before or after FIA and Ferrari agrrement late last year? If Ferrari knew they had to remove performance form the fuel system, they would not have agreed to the slim chances to upgrade.

My point is that even if I also do think that Ferrari lost some power, on qualy at least, I also do believe that the straight line speed is mostly drag. They have done something totally wrong with aero.
We all remember that McLaren thought that their speed deficite came from an underpowered Honda, but they were still slow with the Renault.
If they are 50 HP down because the rest made a jump and they didn’t, then it would be logical to do some political things indeed. If on the other hand did something suspiciously illegal and for the sake of the sport the governing body swept it under the carpet for you. Then you are on the naughty chair and would be very careful what to object to...

6 of 12

Is it possible, do you think, that the secret FIA-Ferrari-Deal includes some agreement that all Ferrari PUs have to use ~50hp less for a couple of races as a punishment for sneakily cheating last year? Because the Ferrari PU is so slow (all teams) that it is almost comical.
No, Kimi, no. You will not have the drink.

F1Krof

6 of 12 wrote:
15 Jul 2020, 12:04
Is it possible, do you think, that the secret FIA-Ferrari-Deal includes some agreement that all Ferrari PUs have to use ~50hp less for a couple of races as a punishment for sneakily cheating last year? Because the Ferrari PU is so slow (all teams) that it is almost comical.
This would be even more scandalous than the assumption that they have cheated last year.

Allthough I agree on the suspicion that this FIA deal has something to do with the slump.

I do believe that it has to do with the change on the architecture, but also their chasis' issue of producing too much drag. But as I remember from the pre-season testing they were in par and if not better than Merc and RBR on the last sector. That' why I'm saying that I still have hope they could turn things around. I just cannot fathom Mattia giving up, he proved it last year that they can turn things around and they will this year too.

Lets wait until Friday and see if I'm correct for saying that they will be at least the 3rd best car on Hungaroring.
Wroom wroom