[ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Big Tea

Re: [ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

outsid3r wrote:
13 Aug 2020, 10:32
Racer X wrote:
11 Aug 2020, 05:13
godlameroso wrote:
11 Aug 2020, 04:12

Da Hulk of course.
You guys really don't think they would bring up some one who won't threaten Sainz next year? Like Kimi'? Or even Gio.... (Hope not)...
So looks like there was an issue with Vettel's car after all. If he gains some ground in Spain I'm sure all the rumours about not finishing the season will go away...

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... Q5CVQ.html

Edit: I really hope he does well... the media have been dragging him through the mud for a few weeks now, the guy deserves a break
After watching one of the youtube talking heads analysing Vettel's race I agree with him his race was stitched up.

Yes he messed up, but was coming back through the field quite well, was called into the pit very early to accommodate the other Ferrari, put on a very short stint on the softer tyre, which meant he had to finish on the hard, and was fed out behind a train.

He could easily have got good points if left out, switched to hard then a finishing chase on the softer.
Can not blame him for being unhappy with them.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

subcritical71

No disrespect to teams as they will almost always act in their own interest, but during free practice today the sky pundits mentioned that Matteo only asks that the FIA are transparent.... no f’ing way that can be true! Tell me that was a joke.

Lucky

Lucky

bucker

What was Leclerc thinking driving with no seatbelts today?

Big Tea

bucker wrote:
16 Aug 2020, 19:58
Thinking his race was over. Oh, it was :mrgreen:
The way that car stopped he was probably looking for the closest toilet and undid the belts ready
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

MtthsMlw

On the radio he said his seat belt came loose when he tried to restart the engine.
I think the button to do so is located inside the cockpit and not on the steering wheel.

Mchamilton

bucker wrote:
16 Aug 2020, 19:58
pretty sure he said he started to remove them when the car wouldnt restart, but continued to try to start it and it fired, so then he had to come in to have them redone

Moore77

Oh boy, my favorite team is now operating like a back marker. Especially the way they are mismanaging Vettel's races is a serious embarrassment. Who could have imagined that the fall would be so bad! I hope it can't go any further lower. :shock:
Gangdom: Pom, Tom, Loverboy, Boomer.

bucker

Ferrari looks like it is their first year in motorsport.

Scorpaguy

Vet vs. Bino/Team Big Red gets more strange every week! I thought Vet was about to ask for a "radio check" today. What is next, they send him out with a half tank of fuel!?!? Once they fired Arri...I just do not understand anything this team does. I realize they are crapcanning Vet...for reason or not...but this seems to approach overt sabotage (almost like they do not want to see him get another ride). At this point I only see him staying out of spite...should make for a good book though.

Schuttelberg

In the time Binotto has been TP, we have seen Ferrari drivers get out of line on track more than once, race starts fixed, pit stops manipulating results within the team, a TD that has left them nowhere and an alienated driver for one full season.
Ferrari might come good in 2022, but it will take a lot of convincing for me that Binotto is a good TP.

P.S - Vettel's strategy made no sense today. Why did he pit on the same lap as Charles when he started on M tyres? Even if he was struggling for pace on them, the logical thing was to leave him out. They suddenly decided to innovate with his strategy or give it some thought once Charles retired.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

falonso81

They suddenly come on the radio and tell him with like 18-20 laps to go "we are thinking of going to the end on this tyre". Vettel said "i asked you about this before". You don't send your driver out on softs with almost 40 laps to go and tell him halfway to go to the end. It is a miracle that he managed it so well.

Deadpool

The current relationship between Ferrari and Vettel can seem confusing and unfair to Vettel. I dont think that it can work like this until the end of the season. However, I doubt that it is just an irrational whim of someone from Ferrari and that there is no deeper story in the background that would explain all that and the sudden dismissal of the former Ferrari favorite. It is evident that Ferrari suffered a big blow last year. It could not pass without information from within. Maybe, just maybe, someone wanted to give himself a place in the winning team because he thought that in the current one he didn't get the attention he thinks he deserves, so he talked a little more. Maybe the current employer found out because there are spies everywhere. Maybe the current events are just the result of much bigger turmoil under the carpet. Maybe the driver lineups for 2022 will give some hint ... I'm not claiming I'm just saying maybe ...

edit:

Of course, there is always the possibility that the whole team ate spoiled lasagna so that they really don't know what they are doing :wtf:

mafeotul

Deadpool wrote:
17 Aug 2020, 10:51
The current relationship between Ferrari and Vettel can seem confusing and unfair to Vettel. I dont think that it can work like this until the end of the season. However, I doubt that it is just an irrational whim of someone from Ferrari and that there is no deeper story in the background that would explain all that and the sudden dismissal of the former Ferrari favorite. It is evident that Ferrari suffered a big blow last year. It could not pass without information from within. Maybe, just maybe, someone wanted to give himself a place in the winning team because he thought that in the current one he didn't get the attention he thinks he deserves, so he talked a little more. Maybe the current employer found out because there are spies everywhere. Maybe the current events are just the result of much bigger turmoil under the carpet. Maybe the driver lineups for 2022 will give some hint ... I'm not claiming I'm just saying maybe ...
I highly doubt Ferrari's power trick was known by the drivers. Even if they were somehow involved, they would automatically invalidate their own results in the eyes of the competition at least. Imagine this conversation: " hey, we have a dodgy as hell engine, wanna know how we do it?" And that for a seat. Charles was pretty much signed away for longer time before he was announced. And Sebastian can't get more money, only at Mercedes. I honestly don't believe this situation came from the drivers. To assume such thing seems to much like a man with a white van, giving candies out, if you get my drift, just to random for F1. This most likely is a mole inside the Ferrari camp. Someone with Technical knowledge, probably someone embedded deeply within. Maybe the engine plans were done years ahead, with limited deployment over time, as to not rise suspicion. I mean they overtook the Merc Pu early in 2018 if i am not mistaken. What's to say the entire development platform wasn't a 5 year plan. Build that on wrong ideeas ( wrong does not mean illegal ). Anyone within the last 5 years could have been slowly getting information, leaking information, waiting for the right time. it's probably illegal what they did, hence the settlement.

And to answer the Sebastian "dilemma". It's a clear end of the road. Performance will not be there, as trust that should go both ways is simply not there.