[ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
TAG

Re: [ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

aral wrote:
24 May 2020, 19:59
The signing of riccardo is really a mystery unless they want a name to attract certain sponsors?
riccardo signed for 10m$ , whereas he was on 20m$ from renault. ok, there is a 400k bonus for a podium, but he will have to be on the podium for every race in a year, to get close to what he was getting with renault ! And that is a HUUUUGGE ask .
Given the amount of year's Ricciardo has been in the sport now he's got to have a 20 or 25 million dollar net worth IMO if not higher. To someone looking to win a championship or to build a team that can win him a championship when you're already wealthy, a ten million reduction in salary, well worth it. He's got to feel that McLaren with a Mercedes engine can be a better platform to build around than Renault.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

maxxer

proteus wrote:
24 May 2020, 19:29
shotzski wrote:
24 May 2020, 12:16
proteus wrote:
24 May 2020, 09:46
I wonder how were they able to sign Ricciardo if they are completely out of cash? Noone with sane mind would sign a double digit million driver if you dont have the money.

To me it looks like more as an opportunity to get some free cash compensation, since loss of sales has happened, but since the lockdown is slowly being lifted, cars will start to roll out of the factories soon.

Mclaren cars are a well seeked commodity and a well established brand, so i dont see a problem with regaining momentum. Maybe some cuts will be needed though.
Maybe they have already projected a significant rebound in sales/cash flow come 2021, which by then Daniel's contract would start?
The biggest problems of european and american banks is that they are loaning money which they dont have, the biggest problem of companies on the other side is predicting sales and growth which didnt happen jet. Thats why chinese are owning half of the world economy. They can have 10 years of crisis and they will get trough it, while we get it for few months and half of the companies are in the brink of collapse.
Thats not true Japanese investment banks do exactly the same they invest in companies which then go below the market price trying to destroy the local business and then hope to up the price , Softbank in uber , Takeaway.com , booking.com , airbnb its all the same game not just chinese banks are supporting these

mwillems

I believe the second loan is not for the team but more for the automotive group, who's overheads are far higher than the team.

It was stated by whoever made the public statement for Mclaren, that it was to allow the group to now be able to continue research and development for future models. That is likely to be a bit disingenuous and the group will need at least some of to be able to ensure they can maintain a good cash balance and service non operating costs such as debt repayments and such like.

The government loan would have been repaid but it would be preferable because it would be much better conditions than from the banks. You'll find that the banks are NOT supporting business and are finding loopholes in the support scheme the government set up so that they do not have an obligation to pay all the loans they morally are being asked to by the government. The banks are still having to make loans however and are charging more to those who they give them to. Interest at this point on a £250-300m loan is going to a much higher financial burden that it would have been 6 months ago. Plus, they'd rather get it from the government than their own pockets, as I believe the owners have put in substantial amounts over the past 3 years and may well be getting tired of doing so.
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

McG

It's sad to see how some people's moods and behaviours are influenced by small articles by nobodies. A few nobodies say 1 thing and people take it as gospel and it's doomsday again. Think for yourself.
F1 is dead.

mclaren111

proteus wrote:
24 May 2020, 09:52
On the other hand, it would be very ironic if Ron Dennis would return with cash injection, taking the team back under his control.

I'm a huge fan of Ron, but his time has past... ZB is doing a great job...

PlatinumZealot

mwillems wrote:
20 May 2020, 22:45
Mclarens 3d printing...
https://www.mclaren.com/racing/partners ... rformance/

We just heard about it in several articles in 2017, likely due to a partnership with Stratasys. Then heard nothing as far as I can see. Didn't realise that was 3 years ago, seems sooner.
F1 teams been 3D printing for about 2 decades now if not longer.
In 2011 half of rear diffuser was 3D printed to rush on the car for the zeason opener. Check it out.

I think in 2009 parts of the revised front wing were also printed...

I am not an insider but i beleive most of the model "change" parts were primarily 3D printed.. Or at least rapid protyped in some related method..

F1 is close to the pinnacle of manufacturing technology and I remember old books from university about 3D printing parts... Books from like the nineties... Or earlier.. So. No doubt F1 will 3d print if there is a any opportunity to do so.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Big Tea

mclaren111 wrote:
25 May 2020, 09:33
proteus wrote:
24 May 2020, 09:52
On the other hand, it would be very ironic if Ron Dennis would return with cash injection, taking the team back under his control.

I'm a huge fan of Ron, but his time has past... ZB is doing a great job...
It took a while for that to sink in with me, but you are right. I thought when Ron was pushed out it would be the end of Mclaren as we know it, and it was. But Mclaren 2.0 is hitting the right straps with me now.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

diffuser

proteus wrote:
24 May 2020, 19:29
shotzski wrote:
24 May 2020, 12:16
proteus wrote:
24 May 2020, 09:46
I wonder how were they able to sign Ricciardo if they are completely out of cash? Noone with sane mind would sign a double digit million driver if you dont have the money.

To me it looks like more as an opportunity to get some free cash compensation, since loss of sales has happened, but since the lockdown is slowly being lifted, cars will start to roll out of the factories soon.

Mclaren cars are a well seeked commodity and a well established brand, so i dont see a problem with regaining momentum. Maybe some cuts will be needed though.
Maybe they have already projected a significant rebound in sales/cash flow come 2021, which by then Daniel's contract would start?
The biggest problems of european and american banks is that they are loaning money which they dont have, the biggest problem of companies on the other side is predicting sales and growth which didnt happen jet. Thats why chinese are owning half of the world economy. They can have 10 years of crisis and they will get trough it, while we get it for few months and half of the companies are in the brink of collapse.

That is pretty much the definition of a prediction, forseeing something that hasn't happened yet. That's why they use the prefix of "pre" in the word. You can't predict something that's already happened. That's called history. I think what you mean is "over ambitous predictions". I'm not sure you're right on that count as Companies have to meet their predictions/forcasts. The stock tends to go up if thier forcasts are high, then down down when they fail to meet those forcasts. When failing to meet its forcasts, becomes a reoccuring theme, markets stop beleive thier forcasts and they nolonger get the stock bounce.

With regards to the banks, you can blame the banks but the problem isn't the banks. It is the people that live in those countries that allow the goverments to regulate the banks in that way. I think canada's bank regs were already strick and they got stricter in 2015 "In simple terms, banks must hold enough high-quality, liquid assets to fund 100 per cent of their cash outflows for 30 days". There is also a global minimum standard set out by the "Basel Committee", that your governemnet should be making sure your banks are meeting.

I'm WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY off topic.

mwillems

PlatinumZealot wrote:
25 May 2020, 15:22
mwillems wrote:
20 May 2020, 22:45
Mclarens 3d printing...
https://www.mclaren.com/racing/partners ... rformance/

We just heard about it in several articles in 2017, likely due to a partnership with Stratasys. Then heard nothing as far as I can see. Didn't realise that was 3 years ago, seems sooner.
F1 teams been 3D printing for about 2 decades now if not longer.
In 2011 half of rear diffuser was 3D printed to rush on the car for the zeason opener. Check it out.

I think in 2009 parts of the revised front wing were also printed...

I am not an insider but i beleive most of the model "change" parts were primarily 3D printed.. Or at least rapid protyped in some related method..

F1 is close to the pinnacle of manufacturing technology and I remember old books from university about 3D printing parts... Books from like the nineties... Or earlier.. So. No doubt F1 will 3d print if there is a any opportunity to do so.
Do you have links? All I could see is that in current F1 the 3D printing is only good enough to use as the "model" for the carbon fibre to be wrapped around and couldn't be used to print the actual carbon fibre parts.

Would be cool if that isn't the case however.

PlatinumZealot

mwillems wrote:
25 May 2020, 18:49

Do you have links? All I could see is that in current F1 the 3D printing is only good enough to use as the "model" for the carbon fibre to be wrapped around and couldn't be used to print the actual carbon fibre parts.

An old article from 2012. But obviously more examples before that.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.auto12 ... ing/34726/
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

mwillems

PlatinumZealot wrote:
25 May 2020, 19:58
mwillems wrote:
25 May 2020, 18:49

An old article from 2012. But obviously more examples before that.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.auto12 ... ing/34726/
Ahh for the wind tunnel testing. That makes complete sense. In my head, but not in words, I was thinking of racegoing parts, drooling over the idea of sending a new 3D design model over the network and 8 hours later there is a brand new front wing, ready for P3.

adrianjordan

saviour stivala wrote:
24 May 2020, 19:39
Google and read ‘Could Mclaren and Aston Martin be facing financial trouble?’. By Dhruv George may 23 2020.
Yep. That's the one. Pure speculation based on very few actual facts.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

djos

adrianjordan wrote:
26 May 2020, 01:13
saviour stivala wrote:
Google and read ‘Could Mclaren and Aston Martin be facing financial trouble?’. By Dhruv George may 23 2020.
Maclaren's Road car division do have serious issues tho - I recommend watching some of JayEmm on Cars' videos:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... mm+mclaren
"In downforce we trust"

genarro

djos wrote:
26 May 2020, 01:32
adrianjordan wrote:
saviour stivala wrote:
Maclaren's Road car division do have serious issues tho - I recommend watching some of JayEmm on Cars' videos:

just another youtuber trying to ramp up his views. why isnt anybody ramping about Ferraris unreliability?? Or the fact that they make you buy 213 of their new cars just to be able to buy a special version of the normal model. because Ferrari will make sure you will never buy another of their car or even be invited to their test drives..

every car manufacturer has taken a hit during these times..

djos

genarro wrote:
26 May 2020, 06:09
djos wrote:
26 May 2020, 01:32
adrianjordan wrote:

just another youtuber trying to ramp up his views. why isnt anybody ramping about Ferraris unreliability?? Or the fact that they make you buy 213 of their new cars just to be able to buy a special version of the normal model. because Ferrari will make sure you will never buy another of their car or even be invited to their test drives..

every car manufacturer has taken a hit during these times..
You clearly haven't watched the videos, he loves the cars but accurately points out Maclaren's current unsustainable business practices.

At least watch this one:
"In downforce we trust"