[ 2020 ] AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Sierra117

Re: Mercedes W11

INEOS has a blue main colour too, right? This is a perfect opportunity to have the red INEOS on Lewis' car since his own LH44 branding uses red and Valtteri's car to have the blue INEOS; perfectly in line as Valtteri's Finnish background means his own branding is blue as well. Would make the cars way more easily identifiable and probably look great on the track to have the alternating themes.
NIKI LAUDANZ SolidarityCubolligraphy | Instagram | Facebook
#Aerogorn & #Flowramir

NathanOlder

Sierra117 wrote:
16 Feb 2020, 06:28
INEOS has a blue main colour too, right? This is a perfect opportunity to have the red INEOS on Lewis' car since his own LH44 branding uses red and Valtteri's car to have the blue INEOS; perfectly in line as Valtteri's Finnish background means his own branding is blue as well. Would make the cars way more easily identifiable and probably look great on the track to have the alternating themes.
But you can't have different liveries on the cars. The have to be the same
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

izzy
izzy

Re: [ 2020 ] AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

Having almost the only red on the car and in that position makes 20 mil a bargain for Ineos doesn't it

Sierra117

NathanOlder wrote:
16 Feb 2020, 12:08
Sierra117 wrote:
16 Feb 2020, 06:28
But you can't have different liveries on the cars. The have to be the same
You're allowed to have a different colour for the driver nationality flag so i thought it's a good opportunity to mix both into one. It's fine though was just an idea.
NIKI LAUDANZ SolidarityCubolligraphy | Instagram | Facebook
#Aerogorn & #Flowramir

zibby43
zibby43

Barcelona Day 1 Testing Report:

https://www.mercedesamgf1.com/en/news/2 ... t-1-day-1/

Bottas

"I’m very impressed that we could start at 9am, going straight out and doing some longer runs without any issues and really execute our plan for the morning perfectly. We could get everything done which is just impressive considering how much work goes into our cars. In the morning when it was still relatively cold, we focused mostly on aero tests with rakes on the car. Later on we did some work on set-up changes – bigger changes than we would normally do on a race weekend when it’s more about fine-tuning. In testing you have the chance to do that and see how the car reacts to those big changes. I had a very good feeling, the car feels good and fast, but I’m sure we can make it a lot faster. It’s been a really nice starting point, but it’s early days, so it doesn’t mean a whole lot."

Hamilton

"It’s been a good day and a really good start for all of us, considering we had a long break. So to come back and clock in over 170 laps just shows how hard everyone has been working over the winter. We will just take it one step at a time, getting good feedback from the car. We have a lot of data to download and analyse and we’ve got to keep pushing on. A huge thank you to everyone back in Brackley and Brixworth for the incredible effort that’s gone in over the winter to make sure we come here and have a car that’s reliable to start with so we can get this mileage done. I hope everyone back at the factory is happy with how the day went and we’re just going to keep churning out as many miles as possible."

James Allison

"That was a very positive start to our winter testing campaign, with both drivers able to get a very decent amount of work done through the day. We were able to tick several of the procedural items off our list that we need to get done before Melbourne and also run through some of the main set-up items on suspension settings today. We’re happy that alongside the good reliability we’ve shown today, both drivers have reported the car to have sweet handling characteristics and are looking forward to leaning on it a bit harder over the next several days of testing."

izzy
izzy

zibby43 wrote:
20 Feb 2020, 01:04
"That was a very positive start to our winter testing campaign, with both drivers able to get a very decent amount of work done through the day. We were able to tick several of the procedural items off our list that we need to get done before Melbourne and also run through some of the main set-up items on suspension settings today. We’re happy that alongside the good reliability we’ve shown today, both drivers have reported the car to have sweet handling characteristics and are looking forward to leaning on it a bit harder over the next several days of testing."
we have been thinking last year's car was quite easy to set up, or at least the team generally had it nailed. And more to come, always good to know :D

zibby43
zibby43

izzy wrote:
20 Feb 2020, 01:20
zibby43 wrote:
20 Feb 2020, 01:04
we have been thinking last year's car was quite easy to set up, or at least the team generally had it nailed. And more to come, always good to know :D
Definitely an advantage to have a wide operating range. Seems like today was about trying more drastic setup changes (outside the scope of the detailed adjustments usually made on a race weekend) just to see how the car would react.

Mark4211

Annotated Wheel Adjustments: Onboard Lap, Lewis Hamilton - Testing 2020

Morteza

Test 1, Day 2: 183 Laps on the Board for Lewis and Valtteri

Lewis Hamilton
It’s been another beautiful day here in Barcelona and we got some great mileage on the new car today. As a team, we completed a race run in the morning, which is great for reliability and shows the foundation we are starting on. This is probably the first day ever, that I can remember, where I finished a test session and wanted to continue. We had 20 minutes left and I wanted us to maximise and do more laps, but we’d ran out of tyres. It felt good today and I felt physically fantastic. To get through a race run and still feel at the end of it that I could do another 100 laps is a good feeling.

Valtteri Bottas
We completed 77 laps this afternoon, which is a good number. But obviously running was cut short because of an issue, which made the day a bit trickier. It was a good day of learning more about the car. We got some good mileage in and I almost completed a full race simulation. So, there was a lot of good experience gained from that and lots of data for us to investigate ahead of tomorrow. For me, personally, there are many learnings to take away from that race simulation and look into further. The car felt good and I’m looking forward to continuing the running tomorrow morning, hopefully we will have a clean day.

James Allison
We are all a little disappointed to have taken an early bath today, but we console ourselves with the fact that the problem we encountered will quickly be resolved and we managed a healthy 183 laps before encountering it. That is, after all, why we go testing. It’s encouraging to see that, for the second day running, the car felt honest, good and reasonably speedy. Lewis’ race simulation in the morning was tidy and Valtteri’s, until it was interrupted, was on a good trajectory. We also had an interesting day activating the DAS system for the first time and we are on a voyage of discovery with the drivers to learn about the system and see what it can bring us for the season ahead. We’re now looking forward to the final day of the first test tomorrow and continuing to work through the tasks we have to clear before Melbourne.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

etusch

It is amazing to see that a team still pushes so hard after so much successful years. Well done. =D>

fritticaldi

At first I thought the mobile steering wheel was introduced because Hamilton and Bottas had a belly and couldnt fit in the car. You know after the winter break the drivers all gain weight :)

PlatinumZealot

Weee are the champions agaaaain!! lol haah. Love it!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

godlameroso

I think it's a gimmick they don't intend to race, it's psychological warfare. They're obviously sand bagging, they have another second in hand on their long run pace, easy.
Saishū kōnā

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

etusch wrote:
20 Feb 2020, 21:32
It is amazing to see that a team still pushes so hard after so much successful years. Well done. =D>
it's funny, the tyrrell spirit still seems to live on at the team.
don't forget, this team is in 'origin' Tyrrell, a team very much known for their interesting 'gimmicks'
and effort to keep inventing and evolving, and like tyrrell, there have been times they didn't have to
change all that much on their design which was so successfull it lasted quite a while.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

siskue2005