[ 2020 ] AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Big Tea

Re: [ 2020 ] AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

zibby43 wrote:
13 Aug 2020, 21:52
Spacepace wrote:
13 Aug 2020, 21:47
Big Tea wrote:
13 Aug 2020, 19:28

When is the concord agreement lapsed? Ah, I have just had a thought. Do you think it could be related???? Nah, surely not :twisted:
Could you elaborate more on that
Big Tea, feel free to correct me if I’m putting words in your mouth.

The Concorde Agreement’s early signing period has lapsed, and Mercedes (who have yet to sign) have been fairly vocal about being unhappy with the existing agreement.

This could be a bargaining chip to get Merc to play ball, in exchange for keeping the maximum return on investment they made in improving their 2020 PU.

Think it could also be leverage to get Renault, RP, etc. to come to an agreement on the brake duct saga and what is allowed going forward, so things don’t have to go to court.
Just about exactly what I was thinking. I may be jumping to conclusions though.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

dans79

Spacepace wrote:
Big Tea wrote:
13 Aug 2020, 19:28
subcritical71 wrote:
13 Aug 2020, 18:50

Has something changed in regards to mid-season rules changes pertaining to consent of the teams?
When is the concord agreement lapsed? Ah, I have just had a thought. Do you think it could be related???? Nah, surely not :twisted:
Mercedes refused to sign the new agreement a few days ago saying things still needed to be addressed. Now the FIA wants to do something that is widely see as something that will hurt Mercedes the most.
197 104 103 7

dans79

Big Tea wrote:
13 Aug 2020, 21:54
zibby43 wrote:
Spacepace wrote:

The Concorde Agreement’s early signing period has lapsed, and Mercedes (who have yet to sign) have been fairly vocal about being unhappy with the existing agreement.

This could be a bargaining chip to get Merc to play ball, in exchange for keeping the maximum return on investment they made in improving their 2020 PU.

Think it could also be leverage to get Renault, RP, etc. to come to an agreement on the brake duct saga and what is allowed going forward, so things don’t have to go to court.
if you are it's more like a tiny hop.
197 104 103 7

zibby43

dans79 wrote:
13 Aug 2020, 22:02
Big Tea wrote:
13 Aug 2020, 21:54
zibby43 wrote:

if you are it's more like a tiny hop.
Beat me to the punch, but I was going to say that I don't think you're making too big of a leap Big Tea!

Morteza

Toto :lol: :lol: :lol:
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Jolle

Fun fact:

Hamilton has more wins than all his (former) teammates combined.

Alonso 32 in 314 races
Kov 1 in 112 races
Button 15 in 309 races
Rosberg 23 in 206 races
Bottas 8 in 146 races

Total: 79 wins in 1087 races.

Hamilton 88 wins in 256 races.

and not just Barichello's, but three world champions with a total of 4 titles.

Schuttelberg

Bottas blaming bad luck for his current situation and conceding the championship already! :lol:

I'm aghast. That's all. :roll:
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

dans79

Schuttelberg wrote:
17 Aug 2020, 01:23
Bottas blaming bad luck for his current situation and conceding the championship already! :lol:

Was there an interview or something I missed?
197 104 103 7

Jolle

Schuttelberg wrote:

In the Dutch press Verstappen also conceded with the words: world championship not realistic.

It’s a bit of fresh air this realism instead of years of “well everything is possible” marketing BS.

dans79

Jolle wrote:
17 Aug 2020, 01:44
Schuttelberg wrote:

In the Dutch press Verstappen also conceded with the words: world championship not realistic.

It’s a bit of fresh air this realism instead of years of “well everything is possible” marketing BS.
He'll probably get a grumpy phone call from Helmut now!
197 104 103 7

Schuttelberg

Jolle wrote:
Schuttelberg wrote:

Verstappen has always been straight forward. Also, Verstappen was never in this fight. This is a Mercedes championship and the only way Max would have had a one in hundred chance was if a Rosberg level driver or better was in the second car.

I think it's purely Max's flawless season that has him second in the standings with a hefty doze of worthlessness that fills the second Mercedes seat.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

Schuttelberg

dans79 wrote:
17 Aug 2020, 01:58
Jolle wrote:
Schuttelberg wrote:

He'll probably get a grumpy phone call from Helmut now!
I personally don't think Helmut gets out of line with Max. :lol:

Phil

Covid19 could still turn this championship very upside down. Dont call it until it’s done...
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

Big Tea

Schuttelberg wrote:
17 Aug 2020, 02:28
Jolle wrote:
Schuttelberg wrote:

Verstappen has always been straight forward. Also, Verstappen was never in this fight. This is a Mercedes championship and the only way Max would have had a one in hundred chance was if a Rosberg level driver or better was in the second car.

I think it's purely Max's flawless season that has him second in the standings with a hefty doze of worthlessness that fills the second Mercedes seat.
A 'Rosberg level or better driver' in the second car is just as likely to take point out of Max that to add them.
On the occasion this driver would come between max and a merc driver it would take from the mercs, but having another car (the same car same strengths good at the same venue) would pressurise max and his car mechanically and tyres, and even (if allowed) finish infront of him.

So even if controlled, I dont know that it would be that good an idea.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

mafeotul

Big Tea wrote:
17 Aug 2020, 12:24
Schuttelberg wrote:
17 Aug 2020, 02:28
Jolle wrote:

A 'Rosberg level or better driver' in the second car is just as likely to take point out of Max that to add them.
On the occasion this driver would come between max and a merc driver it would take from the mercs, but having another car (the same car same strengths good at the same venue) would pressurise max and his car mechanically and tyres, and even (if allowed) finish infront of him.

So even if controlled, I dont know that it would be that good an idea.
I am sorry, but if people really think the Bulls have a driver issue with second seat. I invite them to look at Mercedes. The only big team not to have a "hot" prospect right now is Mercedes. And that's problematic. Ocon, Lando, Max, Leclerc, Russel, etc. All very fine prospects, all away from the second seat at Mercedes. I assume they will continue to compete post 2021. The lack of vision scares me.