[ 2020 ] Racing Point F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Racer X

Re: [ 2020 ] Racing Point F1 Team - Mercedes

Sergio P5.... Man this season will be fun'.
genarro wrote:
03 Jul 2020, 08:53
who are we kidding guys... Chalenging Ferrari with a replica of a 2019 car with 4 times the smaller budget. i know that Ferrari has problems but RP was on their death bed only 2 seasons ago. They have made a lot of progres no doubt about that but changes like these take time to settle in..
You were saying?
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

caesar1
caesar1

Racer X wrote:
03 Jul 2020, 15:29
genarro wrote:
who are we kidding guys... Chalenging Ferrari with a replica of a 2019 car with 4 times the smaller budget. i know that Ferrari has problems but RP was on their death bed only 2 seasons ago. They have made a lot of progres no doubt about that but changes like these take time to settle in..
You were saying?
Racing Point seems to be quick even in the long run, this could be an amazing year for them.

FrukostScones

caesar1 wrote:
03 Jul 2020, 16:12
Racer X wrote:
03 Jul 2020, 15:29
genarro wrote:
You were saying?
Racing Point seems to be quick even in the long run, this could be an amazing year for them.
Same pace as a Mercedes.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Racer X

long run speed is Sergio's specialty this could really end up a very strong race for Perez I hope he spends some time teaching Lance. I know Lance has a private racing coach but it would help to have Sergio Perez a current driver who is in the same car give him some lessons'.

In the F1 Podcast the Racing Point Boss said that Sergio Spent time with Hulkenberg teaching him how to manage his tires and how to run a more balanced long run strategy.

So I hope he's doing the same with Lance.

I wonder if when Sergio retires he will end up in a big team coaching young driver's. I mean if he took the time to help Hulk. He clearly doesn't mind sharing what he has learned. When it comes to tire management. For me that action actually helped me respect him massively more then I already did.

Good guy Checo'.

NAPI10
NAPI10

Racer X wrote:
03 Jul 2020, 16:25
long run speed is Sergio's specialty this could really end up a very strong race for Perez I hope he spends some time teaching Lance. I know Lance has a private racing coach but it would help to have Sergio Perez a current driver who is in the same car give him some lessons'.

In the F1 Podcast the Racing Point Boss said that Sergio Spent time with Hulkenberg teaching him how to manage his tires and how to run a more balanced long run strategy.

So I hope he's doing the same with Lance.

I wonder if when Sergio retires he will end up in a big team coaching young driver's. I mean if he took the time to help Hulk. He clearly doesn't mind sharing what he has learned. When it comes to tire management. For me that action actually helped me respect him massively more then I already did.

Good guy Checo'.
I hope Lance improves throughout this season otherwise what a waste of 'competitive seat'.I really wish to see how competitive Russell will be in that seat :( :( :(

genarro
genarro

They look fast but the question remains if they will be able to develop the car pr will they be the Haas of 2020

Only tome will tell

Racer X

Genarro ... Are you new to Formula 1?

Racing Point/Force India/Jordan

That team of people has essentially been the same team of people for a very long time and they know what they are doing when it comes to development on a low budget.

In the past they have managed to properly develop cars on smaller budget's.

So I assume this year with a bigger bugget they will be capable of so much more.

With a stronger base then previous years as well so Racing Point developing a competitive car should come as no surprise to anyone. Having done so much with so little in the past *now* with solid funding. They should be amazing.

genarro
genarro

Racer X wrote:
03 Jul 2020, 18:18
Genarro ... Are you new to Formula 1?

Racing Point/Force India/Jordan

That team of people has essentially been the same team of people for a very long time and they know what they are doing when it comes to development on a low budget.

In the past they have managed to properly develop cars on smaller budget's.

So I assume this year with a bigger bugget they will be capable of so much more.

With a stronger base then previous years as well so Racing Point developing a competitive car should come as no surprise to anyone. Having done so much with so little in the past *now* with solid funding. They should be amazing.
No im not new to F1(have been watching it for a loooong time) . Just expressing my opinions. Im not very fond of a team just copying someone elses old idea. F1 is about inovation and inteligence. I suppose that having a big copying department qualifies as a team.

Racer X

Then you would know that teams copy each other all the time ...

genarro
genarro

Racer X wrote:
03 Jul 2020, 19:00
Then you would know that teams copy each other all the time ...
They copy small ideas. Not the whole aerodinamic concept while buying (from the same team they copied) engines, transmision and suspension.

Everyone in the F1 world are calling them TRacing point. Lets assume that every team does go down the RP path. Then we would have 20 same cars on the grid and the only difference would be who has the best copying machine. These sort of thing are bad for the sport. If you love this sport you have to understand me.

JordanMugen

genarro wrote:
03 Jul 2020, 19:25
Then we would have 20 same cars on the grid and the only difference would be who has the best copying machine. These sort of thing are bad for the sport. If you love this sport you have to understand me.

Looks like 20+ near identical cars to me! :wink: The only exception being some slightly mad teams led by eccentric types like Enzo Ferrari and Soichiro Honda insisting on V12 or flat-12 engines, over the more compact and efficient V8.

... Racing Point still had to re-engineer all the aerodynamic components for loads and make their own moulds and layups (not to mention, simply verify the vortices and so on work as intended with good correlation from CFD to reality), while all the inboard suspension, intercoolers and so on is Racing Point's own design. :)

If we take their word for it, the copying was done from photographs, and any team could have adopted a same approach if they felt it was the most effective way of being as competitive as possible -- that includes Williams, Renault and McLaren.
genarro wrote:
They copy small ideas.
Things like aluminium monocoque, engine as a stressed member, ground effects, and carbon-fibre reinforced plastic monocoque construction were hardly "small ideas" yet they were copied by all the other teams in near record time after just one team introduced them! :shock: :shock:

Juzh

Perez' P3 lap from FP2

nola
nola

JordanMugen wrote:
03 Jul 2020, 19:47
genarro wrote:
Then we would have 20 same cars on the grid and the only difference would be who has the best copying machine. These sort of thing are bad for the sport. If you love this sport you have to understand me.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/3d/14/f6 ... 79360a.jpg

Looks like 20+ near identical cars to me! :wink: The only exception being some slightly mad teams led by eccentric types like Enzo Ferrari and Soichiro Honda insisting on V12 or flat-12 engines, over the more compact and efficient V8.

... Racing Point still had to re-engineer all the aerodynamic components for loads and make their own moulds and layups (not to mention, simply verify the vortices and so on work as intended with good correlation from CFD to reality), while all the inboard suspension, intercoolers and so on is Racing Point's own design. :)

If we take their word for it, the copying was done from photographs, and any team could have adopted a same approach if they felt it was the most effective way of being as competitive as possible -- that includes Williams, Renault and McLaren.
genarro wrote:
They copy small ideas.
Things like aluminium monocoque, engine as a stressed member, ground effects, and carbon-fibre reinforced plastic monocoque construction were hardly "small ideas" yet they were copied by all the other teams in near record time after just one team introduced them! :shock: :shock:
Hah, look closer at that picture. Those cars are NOT as alike as the RP car is to the real Mercedes.
Not a really good argument for your side.

However, as you say, copiyng has been and is going all the time in F1. But normally not at the extent as RP has done this season.
I can’t say I like it, but that’s just me. If you like a pink Mercedes, then you are in luck.

genarro
genarro

JordanMugen wrote:
03 Jul 2020, 19:47
genarro wrote:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/3d/14/f6 ... 79360a.jpg

genarro wrote:
They copy small ideas.
You dont have to show me a picture from 1964. Yes great ideas are now the standard (monocoque etc...) but im sure that John Barnard didnt say to himself: Hey lets copy some crap and win the championship. RP had to even try to copy the internals because they COPIED MERCEDS CONCEPT (that means that everything has to be like the merc from last year because if it isnt the car wont be worth a bag of nuts)

I get it why they did it but thats not the way to win a f1 championship. Even James Alison said that last years car had reached a developement end so they were changig some of their concepts.

genarro
genarro

Just watching the tech report on f1 official chanell and the analyst said that RP brought a new wing design to Austria. And the wing is a blody copy of Mercs Melbourne spec rear wing.. Haha what a classless bunch of twats